Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you get onto the tunnel coming from Castletroy direction going towards Shannon

• 20-09-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.. just wondering as it would shorten my journey home from college in the evenings...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

You have two choices, one join the bypass at Finnegan's roundabout or head to the junction at the Tipp Rd and join it there, once on the bypass folow signs for the tunnel, you do realise it's tolled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

My advice to avoid most traffic would be:

Golf Links road to Ballysimon Rd.
    Turn left
    At Tipperary road junction turn left again.
    Finally turn left onto motorway

That should avoid a lot off traffic and still be quick
    Too much traffic up to finnegans round about and too much traffic on tipp road in the outbound direction in the evenings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

Vegeta wrote: »

Turn left

Too much traffic up to finnegans round about and too much traffic on tipp road in the outbound direction in the evenings

Or you could come along the link road from Groody to the roundabout on the Tipp Rd, head straight through (as if heading for B&Q) and turn left at the T junction, continue on this road until you pass Morrissons, then turn left on the Tipp Rd and left again to join the bypass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Vegeta wrote: »

Turn left

Unless I'm totally losing it...... Would these directions not bring the poor Soul back towards UL for another round of Lectures :confused:

- OP @ the Tipperary Rd. proceed to Traffic Lights and you'll eventually see signs for your route home which at that point will be to the right hand side.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Raiser wrote: »
    Unless I'm totally losing it...... Would these directions not bring the poor Soul back towards UL for another round of Lectures :confused:

Short answer = no

Those directions would bring you down on to the old Tipperary rd/Ballysimon rd (running behind Harvey Norman), then up past Morrison's Bar and up onto the new Tipperary rd at the Tipperary side of the traffic lights at the motorway junction.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

h3000 wrote: »
    Short answer = no

Those directions would bring you down on to the old Tipperary rd/Ballysimon rd (running behind Harvey Norman), then up past Morrison's Bar and up onto the new Tipperary rd at the Tipperary side of the traffic lights at the motorway junction.

24pvyjc.png

Seems to be two Ballysimon Rds. on Google Maps?

- Also one of the Golfs Links Rd. entries is a bit dubious?

I'd advise anyone to just join the new road at Finnegans Roundabout and stick on the Stereo nice and loud - Even if there is a tailback there its usually only 5 mins or so to wait and it would take as long or longer to navigate any other indirect way........

Poor OP must think we are total Idiots!!!

Advertisement