Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Villa - cheap train tickets?

Options
  • 20-09-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Alright lads

as there are a few going over for this there is a cheap option for the train if you want

If you buy ret to northumberland park and select the groupsave 4 option it will cost £8.30 each. Only snag is you are meant to travel together.
    Considering the express costs £24 its a great deal.

I am on the 8:10 from Dublin and back on the 20:15 that night. If anyone is on the same flights let me know and can see if we can get this cheaper fare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We used to do the group option to Tottenham Hale but they stopped doing it last year I think,so we just get the Northumberland park return for £16 like we did last Saturday.I didn't know there was a group option for Northumberland park.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

tippspur wrote: »
    We used to do the group option to Tottenham Hale but they stopped doing it last year I think,so we just get the Northumberland park return for £16 like we did last Saturday.I didn't know there was a group option for Northumberland park.

Yeah its there alright but I always buy online before I go so not sure what they would say if you went to the ticket office. Assume there would be no bothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Yeah its there alright but I always buy online before I go so not sure what they would say if you went to the ticket office. Assume there would be no bothers.

what site do you book them on?

yiddo59 wrote: »
    what site do you book them on?

National express

http://www.nationalexpress.com/trainslanding.aspx

select journey and where it asks for railcards the groupsave 3 and 4 options are in the drop down. Just bring the credit card you use to purchase with you, put into the self service machines in the station and it prints off your ticket. Very handy/quick.

Mullo76 wrote: »
    National express

http://www.nationalexpress.com/trainslanding.aspx

select journey and where it asks for railcards the groupsave 3 and 4 options are in the drop down. Just bring the credit card you use to purchase with you, put into the self service machines in the station and it prints off your ticket. Very handy/quick.

thanks a lot. thats a great saving!

• Advertisement

yiddo59 wrote: »
    thanks a lot. thats a great saving!

no probs, yeah defo well worth it.

Just had a quick look at trains ex Gatwick and you can book groupsave 3 and groupsave 4 from Gatwick to Seven Sisters (or Tottenham Hale) for £8.70 return per person using Southern Trains and the tube. A great deal when you consider the tube alone would cost you £4 each way or £6.30 for a off peak travelcard. Using the Gatwick Express and tube option will cost £12.35 return.

You can book here http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/Main.php?sEvent=HomeCommuter

Advertisement