Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rush hour

Options
  • 20-09-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

heya,

Have been transferred to an office in St. Lukes for a few weeks and will be driving in from Ovens. Have to be in work for 9 so looking to have worst fears confirmed about traffice in the mornings and evenings. What time should I hit Bandon Road, Sarsfields Road, Kinsale Road (assuming best way is into city that way then cross the river and up Washington St) at before they get crazy? Is leaving the house at 8-ish to be at Bandon road roundabout by 8:10 too late?

Any advice/experience welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I live in St.Lukes, well Summer Hill. Strange place for an office unless its the ... post office or bookies? :D Can't give you much info on route - you should have no problem coming up Summer Hill North in the mornings, generally ok most evenings, though Thursdays are the worst at rush hour I think. How long is commute from Ovens to outskirts of city?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭spitonmedickie

Bookies, got it in 2! Not a part of the city I ever travel to really, I'd be in the ballingcollig by pass and at Bandon Road in 10mins usually and maybe 20/25 into centre. What's the quays up McCurtain St like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Bookies, got it in 2! Not a part of the city I ever travel to really, I'd be in the ballingcollig by pass and at Bandon Road in 10mins usually and maybe 20/25 into centre. What's the quays up McCurtain St like?

I'd be heading across town, and once the schools are back (which they are now), it is a nightmare between 8.10 and 9am. If I leave at 8am, I hit UCC driving at 8.10 on a good run. If I leave at 8.20 it could be 9 before I'm there. So while I am travelling in opposite direction, from my experience you at least should have not too bad a run in the mornings in the direction you are going. Its in the evenings it will be worse. The quays up MacCurtain St. tend to be quite busy. If I were you I would avoid MacCurtain st. altogether and go up Hardwick St. (runs parallel to Coburg St. and leads you across Patrick's Hill, on to Wellington Road, then you hit St. Lukes).

Now a tip please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭spitonmedickie

not in work today so can't help ya with the tip. Do you mean to go in from the other side of the city and go up Hardwicke Street or instead of going up McCurtain St at the bridge drive along the Quays further til i can go up that way (vague recollection of one ways)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I'd say try going in along the Lee Road and Sundays Well, along North Mall, cross the bridge onto Kyrls Quay, along to Patricks Bridge and up along from there...

I could be completely wrong though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

kcb wrote: »
    I'd say try going in along the Lee Road and Sundays Well, along North Mall, cross the bridge onto Kyrls Quay, along to Patricks Bridge and up along from there...

I could be completely wrong though!

This is exactly what I was going to suggest and was surprised by the original route suggested. Hope it works out for you and good luck with the new job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 The Barron

Don't forget that area is a disc parking zone.

Minimum stay 2 hours?

Advertisement