Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to enable Intel proset Wireless

• 20-09-2010 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I've just reinstalled Windows XP on my laptop. I am unable to connect to the wireless internet. The light for wi-fi that comes on when it is enabled is not on. When my computer was set-up initially it had the same problem, I had to ring tech support and they talked me through a way of turning it on, which I can't remember. I think it had something got to do with turning Intel proset wireless on in the settings of the computer that I had never been to before and have not used since. I'd appreciate any help, please! Thanks. Oh and I have tried f2 + fn, and it doesn't work, it needs to be turned on at source, i think, and I just don't know where that is!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 s.jojo81

It's an Dell Inspiron 6400 if that makes any difference.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you've just reinstalled xp, then you'll also need to download and install the driver from the dell website. Go to dell.ie, support, driver download. Should be an option to enter your service tag and download and install the driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

This thread seems to have a link to download the appropriate driver.

Reading the thread, it may be the last one. Not sure though.

Advertisement