Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Fitting Service

• 20-09-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭

Considering getting a Bike Fitting service done for my B'day next month. A proper one, angles, whist in motion, etc. Any good recommedations? From a quick search I see that manwithaplan and Petethedrummer got one done.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

furiousox wrote: »

Thanks furiousox, is that a recommendation? Have you been to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Hmmm, I've seen a few of the results from there and I have to say I'm not entirely convinced. Certainly no harm in going and getting the 'ideal' measurements according to that school of thought or system. It may well be perfect for you, but dont be surprised if you have to deviate from the recommended setup somewhat.

BTW The same goes for any bike fitting IMHO.

Just out of curiosity has anyone gone for the Specialized BG fit in Cycleways ?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

Murph100 wrote: »
    Hmmm, I've seen a few of the results from there and I have to say I'm not entirely convinced. Certainly no harm in going and getting the 'ideal' measurements according to that school of thought or system. It may well be perfect for you, but dont be surprised if you have to deviate from the recommended setup somewhat.

BTW The same goes for any bike fitting IMHO.

Just out of curiosity has anyone gone for the Specialized BG fit in Cycleways ?

its funny you say that because just yesterday i realized that my saddle had slipped down by an inch and half gradually over the summer. must not have tightened the bolt enough and have been loosing 0.5mm everytime i hit hard bump. i kind of new something wasn't right but i'd been feeling better and better on the bike so i ignored it for ages. anyway, checked yesterday and discovered my old mark on the saddle post and readjusted it to correct height.. felt completely dead on the bike. its weird. i know there is good science behind it but it really did make me question it. maybe my muscles will just need a few weeks to adjust to the new position again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

http://www.bikefittingireland.com/

These guys are went to be good, although have never been to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Thanks furiousox, is that a recommendation? Have you been to them?

Yes I have.
    Sorry for the brief post earlier, I was heading out at the time.
    I can't fault the service, as well as the fitting I got a quick physio exam (included in the price)
    Needless to say I have the flexibility of...well....of an ox. :(
    The bike fitting itself is quite thorough, turned out I had to raise my saddle quite a bit and also needed a longer stem.
    Having said all that, as mahoo and murph100 also said you might find yourself deviating from the recommended settings.
    After the saddle was raised the physio said to run with it for a month or two then raise it another 5mm, I've actually lowered it by 5mm recently and I'm much more comfortable even though I'm now running at 10mm below the 'recommended' height.
    (That may to down to me and my poor lower back flexibility though)
    Overall, it's interesting and it gives you a good benchmark of settings to work from.
    Whether its worth 80 quid or not is up to you! :)

CPL 593H

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

alfalad wrote: »
    http://www.bikefittingireland.com/

These guys are went to be good, although have never been to them.

My experience of them here

More than happy to recommend them

Thanks, seems like bikefittingireland are getting more thumbs up than irishfit. I get the impression from the bikefittingireland site they're based in Wickala.

Beasty wrote: »
    My experience of them here

More than happy to recommend them

Good report Beasty, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

http://www.fit4bike.com/ are another option

Advertisement