Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cage wars

• 20-09-2010 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey guys

have cage wars gone bust? i don't see any new events although did hear promises of 5 for this year after the november event?

not trolling here, just genuinly interested.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

I have often wondered why they don't run more events and why they don't source out of more clubs around ireland

They do run a quality production.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Menace2Society

hey guys

have cage wars gone bust? i don't see any new events although did hear promises of 5 for this year after the november event?

not trolling here, just genuinly interested.

Cage Wars have definatly not gone bust, they have been away from the spotlight this year & all will be made clear shortly!

Watch this space!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Chris you are a teaser, not a pleaser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Moloko17

http://www.thefightfactory.eu/ there u go there is the latest news on cage wars, this show looks like it is going to be of the hook, and it is showing who the biggest mma production is on these shores!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭mcdermott

just got this mail....

CAUSEWAY ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS

CAGE WARS CHAMPIONSHIP - VALIDATION

LIVE AT
    THE ODYSSEY ARENA

DECEMBER 10TH
    BELFAST

Cage Wars Championship - CWC is back with another high octane explosive MMA event on December 10th at the wold famous Odyssey Arena in Belfast.

CWC- VALIDATION will be a world class night of MMA fight action featuring some of the best fighters from around the world and showcasing the rising UK and European talent, inside Europe's biggest MMA cage.

Full fight card and will to be announced and ticket details available from the odyssey box office.

“Don’t miss what will be the biggest night of MMA fight action ever held in Europe!”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Seen a cage wars jeep touring about earlier(not far from odyssey)...thought at time would have been weird if they had gone bust to still be using that

Chris you are a teaser, not a pleaser

;-) I know mate! And there is alot more to come as well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Cage Wars always have fantastic production but I've been unsure of their matchmaking for some time now.

I'm probably wrong but at the last cage wars i was at I thought it was (at most) half capacity.

Irish MMA needs Irish Fighters, not 'uk and europe'

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news/mma/8029/cage_wars_championship_returns_dec_10_in_ireland

I'll only buy a ticket if at least 70% of the fighters are Irish.

Anakin.S wrote: »

I'm probably wrong but at the last cage wars i was at I thought it was (at most) half capacity.

What's the point in Irish fighters fighting each other on a show that gets broadcast all round the world & gets loads of press release? It's not going to do anything for your career or attract anybody to you. It makes sense to match Irish fighters against fighters from further a frield to test there skills against europe's best & show case their skills while lookin cool as fook on the tv!

There are plenty of good shows here to match Irish V Irish which do this very successfully! I.e, chaos, ultimate conflict etc etc, every show does it here so CWC are trying to bring talent that Irish fighters wouldn't normally get a chance to fight.

Which cage wars was your last one?

Don't knock the hustle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Last Cage Wars I was at was in the Kings Hall

I didn't put my point across very well,

If Cage Wars are going to be flying the best from UK and Europe over to compete against Irish fighters then I will absolutely buy a ticket and go and cheer on all the Irish fighters.

The more exposure Irish Fighters get on TV is always going to be good for Irish MMA.

• Advertisement

Last Cage Wars I was at was in the Kings Hall

I didn't put my point across very well,

If Cage Wars are going to be flying the best from UK and Europe over to compete against Irish fighters then I will absolutely buy a ticket and go and cheer on all the Irish fighters.

The more exposure Irish Fighters get on TV is always going to be good for Irish MMA.

That's exactly what CWC are doing, it will showcase Irish mma against European opposition.

The last cage wars (nightmare) was sold out, decade was pretty full as well so you must have been one before those 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

That's exactly what CWC are doing, it will showcase Irish mma against European opposition. .......

In theory I love the idea but in practice sometimes it doesnt work:( To me it comes down to the matchmakin and to put us against Europeans it should be showcasing a range of the best talents across Ireland!!!!:)

I have seen guys against Europeans and they have been well outta their depth:(

Clan Wars seem to be establishing themselves in setting up european fights and I do remember a great Cage Rage Contender show in Dublin when Irish V Europe so it can be done and I wish you guys all the best:cool:

Urs
    x

Mrs Lynch wrote: »
    In theory I love the idea but in practice sometimes it doesnt work:( To me it comes down to the matchmakin and to put us against Europeans it should be showcasing a range of the best talents across Ireland!!!!:)

I have seen guys against Europeans and they have been well outta their depth
    x

Hugh Brady Vs. Ben Bokee Fight shows exactly what this was all about. In the past, a few of us have taken fights above our level to test ourselves & see whereabouts we where & how we did, & yes I agree, we didn't do the best but as you seen on the last 2 shows our talent is alot better & match making has been top notch! There will be no more 'mis-matches' so to speak. Any fights I've taken, I've either asked for the opponent or mangament has throughtly discussed the options.

As for fighters across Ireland, CWC can only put on fighters who contact them or want to fight on the show! We've had alot
    of fighters from most gyms across Ireland - Chum Sut, IMMA, EFR, Ryano, Pccb, Antrim, phk, and loads of others I can't even think where there from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I have seen guys against Europeans and they have been well outta their depth:(

Clan Wars seem to be establishing themselves in setting up european fights and I do remember a great Cage Rage Contender show in Dublin when Irish V Europe so it can be done and I wish you guys all the best:cool:

Is it just me or do people seem to contridict themselves in this thread?

Anakin what you said 1 in post IMO contridicts the other. Mrs Lynch, instead of concetrating on what doesn;t work how about what looking what does work. Your on here enough in the past so why not comment on the positives of this event can offer compared to other past events rather than just being negative.

No organisation will ever suceed on this lil island if out own run the other down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

Ive had fighters on every cage wars show to date...including myself on more than one occasion.....
    In my opinion having a few 'big' shows in the country can only be good for the mma fan as each show will have to bring something special to the table in order to sell tickets.I for one will be looking forward to seeing the card for the show.

and fook you Stringer for forgetting my club on your list!!!!!

Devastator wrote: »
    ........Mrs Lynch, instead of concetrating on what doesn;t work how about what looking what does work. Your on here enough in the past so why not comment on the positives of this event can offer compared to other past events rather than just being negative.

No organisation will ever suceed on this lil island if out own run the other down

My post wasnt against cage wars as Chris does point out there has been fights that have been "mismatched" (and not just on this show). And thanks Chris for being honest thats one of the reason I have so much respect for you;)

Im the first on to promote this sport and want nothing more than to showcase our talents across the world and the platform that Paddy provides (has been the longest running) is an excellent opportunity. This is a huge step takin it to the Odyssey and I wish Paddy the best with it:cool:

I just feel its important that we are putting out the "best" we have to offer in shows as big as Cage Wars and Cage Contender etc. It should be made up of a range of clubs. These shows are getting to showcase our talents on television etc so it can only grow the sport but we want to be taken seriously in Europe and USA.

As Peter says to sell tickets we expect something "big" brought to the table and I would suggest we dont have Peter Lavery v GSP, we'd only be buying a ticket to see an old man get whipped and a young man be drooled over lol :p:p:p

Urs
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

Peter Lavery v GSP, we'd only be buying a ticket to see an old man get whipped and a young man be drooled over lol :p:p:p
    Willing to place a wager on that?? :P

kid chaos wrote: »
    Willing to place a wager on that?? :P

You do realise Peter would be whipping GSP and we'd be droolin over Peter:p:p:p

Urs
    x

p.s. This is a joke to Peter (no disrespect intended to him) as he threatens to remove the GSP posters from the gym :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

Has anyone heard any rumours about who might be on the card?

weemate wrote: »

and fook you Stringer for forgetting my club on your list!!!!!

LOL, I know, it begins with a 'K' and has 'jin' at the end, but I really couldnt remember what it was called & didnt want to mis-spell it!

Please forgive Pete....;)

By the way its Kyoujin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scuff

Has anyone heard any rumours about who might be on the card?

I've heard about some big big names, but I'm not gonna steal cage wars thunder by letting the cat outta the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭bilbo79

cage contender has taken over from cage wars, they lost a march when cage contender where building up the business, cage wars cant compete with cc now in reality as there out of the loop and cc are the big name now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scuff

bilbo79 wrote: »
    cage contender has taken over from cage wars, they lost a march when cage contender where building up the business, cage wars cant compete with cc now in reality as there out of the loop and cc are the big name now

Your not gonna look an idiot or anything when cage wars put on the biggest irish mma card ufc excluded and it will run 72 close.

scuff wrote: »
    Your not gonna look an idiot or anything when cage wars put on the biggest irish mma card ufc excluded and it will run 72 close.

hopefully for irish mma. But 1 swallow does not make a spring! Cage contender are regular and cage wars is not! Dont think there going to be proper competition for cc with 1 show on every blue moon

hopefully for irish mma. But 1 swallow does not make a spring! Cage contender are regular and cage wars is not! Dont think there going to be proper competition for cc with 1 show on every blue moon

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

In fairness they really arnt competing with each other.
    They are two totally different promotions with two totally different business plans.
    Cage Wars is more of an International Promotion drawing in big Internationally know main events where as Cage Contender is more of a Domestic pace setter highlighting the best of Irish talent against each other.
    If anything Cage Contenders is competing with Clan Wars and Chaos for the Crown of Ireland`s biggest promotion.

Cage Wars is more of an International Promotion drawing in big Internationally know main events where as Cage Contender is more of a Domestic pace setter highlighting the best of Irish talent against each other.
    If anything Cage Contenders is competing with Clan Wars and Chaos for the Crown of Ireland`s biggest promotion.

Understood that its more amateurish as of now than others with kid fights an all but it is newer and it seems to have bigger ambitions than all those mentioned from how much there dominating the market, i've been to 4 of there events and apart from the 1st half of amateur waste time they had the pro bit was great, only downside for me was dublin show with no atmosphere and i'd say thats due to the show been half amateur as i thought it would be full pro in that big a venue

In fairness they really arnt competing with each other.
    They are two totally different promotions with two totally different business plans.

Thank fook someone knows what they are talkin about!!

Cage Wars are not tryin to compete with CC or the UFC, as stated above CWC has always had a different game plan to othe shows. CWC offers someone who is supposidly past their best another shot I.e. Clementi, monson, Severn etc, it also gives the young up n comers a shot at a higher level opponent to test their skills, these are usually the bigger fighters or the ones flown in!

CC, Chaos, Clan Wars etc offer the best of Irish Vs. Irish. Which is a great way to determine the best in the country.

CWC & CC are 2 completly diff shows with 2 different aspirations & goals! Both are great shows but I think the resemblence/ comparasin ends there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

I just wish people would stop trying to compare shows,criticise shows,'one up' shows etc etc.
    We are lucky that there are shows big enough to be staged in the kings hall and the odyssey.
    lets sit back and wait to see what the card is for cage wars.In truth Im as curious as everyone to see it

by the way Chris...you're forgiven.lol

weemate wrote: »
    I just wish people would stop trying to compare shows,criticise shows,'one up' shows etc etc.
    We are lucky that there are shows big enough to be staged in the kings hall and the odyssey.
    lets sit back and wait to see what the card is for cage wars.In truth Im as curious as everyone to see it

by the way Chris...you're forgiven.lol

Exactly Pete, well said! And the card will be amazin! I cant wait for this show!

Thanks pete!

Advertisement