Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA or Comptia N+ Study from home/online

Options
  • 20-09-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I’m thinking of doing the CCNA or the Comptia Network+

Has anyone here had the experience of doing either of these totally online, and could you recommend who with?

I’ve been trying to register for both courses at different colleges here in Belfast, but with no luck. Either the advertised course is no longer running or its totally full up, so I’m thinking of doing a course from home. I’ve spotted some sites that give you all the material for the Comptia courses, but you have to find a local test centre for the actual exam. Has anyone had any experience of doing this up here? From what I can see, the studying from home option is much more expensive than the local colleges unfortunately.

Any info you guys could provide would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭coolpix23

I'd say if you are trying to do it on a budget...

but well if you were thinking of doing a paid CCNA or the ICND1/ICND2 i'd do it at home myself and then maybe pay for a course. But the classroom courses cost €2200/UK£1800 a go. So do the work first on a home lab.

In N.I. you should be able to get a good basic CCNA lab on ebay for UK £250 but on a budget I'd go for one 2950 switch for UK £ 60-GB £ 80 with a PC, using GNS3

Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

I've done it at home with Chris Bryant CCIE. Google him and buy his CCNA pack or what ever one you want to do first (ICND)

plus there is loads of forums that will help you along

Sadikov being just one.

Any thing else I can help you with just pm me.

Peace

Advertisement