Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Doctor in NCD

Options
  • 20-09-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

just looking for advice on a good female doctor in or around Balbriggan, will happily take any recommendations for the Skerries, Rush, Lusk etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Have a look at this thread.

The Search function is your friend. :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You may also want to check out the 3 doctors at the Windmill Medical Centre in Skerries.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    You may also want to check out the 3 doctors at the Windmill Medical Centre in Skerries.

Deirdre Ormond there is particularly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dubsontour

Dr Connolly in Windmill very good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

I can recommend Dr O'Brien Counihan in the Naul. She has a female nurse based in the surgery too. The surgery is located just off exit 6 on the M1 the Balbriggan/Naul exit. ph 8412259Good Luck

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Here's a fairly complete list

Balbriggan

Balbriggan Medical Centre
    Dr Aine Rowley
    Dr Martina Keary
    Dr Finola Minihan

Bracken clinic Balbriggan
    Dr Mary Lynch (Part time)
    Dr Jennifer Meer (on maternity leave til Feb)

Naul/Balscadden
    Dr Ursula O Brien-Counihan
    Sr Susan Keenan

Skerries

Windmill Medical centre
    Dr Deirdre Ormond
    Dr Lorraine Farrell
    Dr Catriona Kennedy (on maternity leave at present)

Holmpatrick surgery
    Dr Sarah Keane

Rush
    Dr Collette Hui Bon Hoa
    Dr Eva Egyed

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Just added one more...
    RobFowl wrote: »
    Here's a fairly complete list

Balbriggan

Balbriggan Medical Centre
    Dr Aine Rowley
    Dr Martina Keary
    Dr Finola Minihan

Bracken clinic Balbriggan
    Dr Mary Lynch (Part time)
    Dr Jennifer Meer (on maternity leave til Feb)

Naul/Balscadden
    Dr Ursula O Brien-Counihan
    Sr Susan Keenan

Skerries

Windmill Medical centre
    Dr Deirdre Ormond
    Dr Lorraine Farrell
    Dr Catriona Kennedy (on maternity leave at present)
    Dr Claire Connolly

Holmpatrick surgery
    Dr Sarah Keane

Rush
    Dr Collette Hui Bon Hoa
    Dr Eva Egyed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rigo12

Just looking at the Windmill webiste. Is Dr Connolly a permanent Doctor there? I hear she is very good and would like to register with them.

On their website she is not mentioned at all.

Thanks

rigo12 wrote: »
    Just looking at the Windmill webiste. Is Dr Connolly a permanent Doctor there? I hear she is very good and would like to register with them.

On their website she is not mentioned at all.

Thanks

She is a long term locum covering for another Doctor on maternity leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rigo12

Wonder what they call long term? You know yourselves when you register with a new doctor you want to be able to build up a trust with him/her. Not to keen on seeing different Doctors each time I need to visit the surgery. Hope that makes sense?

I had my old Doctor since I was born until he died recently. My whole Family used him, so it is strange to be looking for a new one.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

rigo12 wrote: »
    Wonder what they call long term? You know yourselves when you register with a new doctor you want to be able to build up a trust with him/her. Not to keen on seeing different Doctors each time I need to visit the surgery. Hope that makes sense?

I had my old Doctor since I was born until he died recently. My whole Family used him, so it is strange to be looking for a new one.

Thanks

Well if she's maternity cover I would guess typically between 6 months and a year, but you cannot accurately predict how long anyone will be away from work

Whilst there's a clear benefit of continuity, a practice with a number of doctors has the advantage that they can cover for each other and also have a variety of expertise, allowing them to bounce things off each other.

In this case it's longer term for the next year or so at least (AFAIK).
    Generally that practice is a very stable one with a low turnover of Doctors (always a good sign)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Sparkles78

Beasty wrote: »

I would highly recommend Lorraine, have been going to see her since she was in Mulhollands Surgery, when she left to set up on her own I followed :D

Advertisement