Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owners with cats going out?

Options
  • 20-09-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there,

I am currently study cat behavior and need help. My next assignment is writing about cats, who can go out from their homes and are free to hunt for birds and/or rats. This really needs lot of observation and talking to owners, so I am looking for people who could help me with that in Dublin area.

If you got cat who hunt and go out for day and/or night, please PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Verudandi wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am currently study cat behavior and need help. My next assignment is writing about cats, who can go out from their homes and are free to hunt for birds and/or rats. This really needs lot of observation and talking to owners, so I am looking for people who could help me with that in Dublin area.

If you got cat who hunt and go out for day and/or night, please PM me.

I would be willing to help, but I don't live in the Dublin area, I'm down in Cork.
    Let me know if I can help anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I'm in Cork too but if I can help any way over the internet then I will! I have six cats who roam. They don't catch birds or rats though, just the odd mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

I can help I live In Dublin and allow my cat to roam as she pleases! (witch is most of the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I live in North Dublin and have 3 cats ranging from 2 to 18 who are free to come and go as they please ( we have a cat door) the oldest rarely goes out, but the other two especially the youngest spend a bit of time outside. Dawn seems to be their favourite time to hunt as they do stay in most nights. They're all neutered/spayed but the youngest is an excellent hunter (unfortunately).PM me if I can be of any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Verudandi

Thank you all for answers! I will PM you tomorrow, with details :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

My 2 cats have outside access (with some restrictions) and have unfortunately caught a few critters in their time. Feel free to PM me if you like.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Verudandi

Hello again,

I PMd you with details, hopefully this will work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Hi mine goes outside occassionally, havent seen him catch anything bar insects but feel free to PM anyway.

Advertisement