Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Home Insurance

Options
  • 20-09-2010 3:45pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have my house insured with AIB at the moment. I want to change to TSB as its about 60 euros cheaper. My current policy runs out in November. I'm ringing aib later to tell them i'm cancelling. My mortgage is with AIB so do i need to provide proof to them that i'm going to be covered by TSB????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭variety

My current policy runs out in November.
    You can change your buildings insurance at any time, you don't have to wait until the policy expires. Even if you've paid all the premiums already, they have to return any premiums to you that are no longer applicable to you if you cancel.
    My mortgage is with AIB so do i need to provide proof to them that i'm going to be covered by TSB????
    Easy answer - yes. When you sort out the insurance with Ptsb, tell them that you require a "letter of indemnity" which notes AIB's interest. AIB will require a copy of that letter - you will need to put your reference number on all relevant pages, otherwise they will lose the letter.

Out of curiosity, why are you going to Ptsb? Are they offering many months free? Insurance companies online are usually much cheaper than banks.

Advertisement