Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bar robbery in carlow

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

maccored wrote: »
    its a point though of why that kind of cash wasnt deposited across the road.
    Imagine walking across the street to the bank, and having to queue, with €50,000 in a briefcase? If anything happened, the money wouldn't be insured.

Regarding the large sum of money in the safe... I'm guessing it was the weekends take? When I worked in a pub, the securicor van would come in the same day every week, and took the cash out. I'm guessing it's the same in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Well anything said here was all speculation so dont think their was any need to Delete some posts. Its a small town word travels fast ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Well anything said here was all speculation so dont think their was any need to Delete some posts. Its a small town word travels fast ;)

If you have a query about mod decisions please pm the moderator in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

the_syco wrote: »
    Imagine walking across the street to the bank, and having to queue, with €50,000 in a briefcase? If anything happened, the money wouldn't be insured.

Regarding the large sum of money in the safe... I'm guessing it was the weekends take? When I worked in a pub, the securicor van would come in the same day every week, and took the cash out. I'm guessing it's the same in this case.

Why would a bar wait until it had accumulated 50k before going to the bank? You do realize that at €5 a pint (which is very generous) makes that 10,000 pints...... in a weekend? Are you serious??? That means if every customer had 5 pints on average in a weekend that there were 2,000 people in the place over the weekend.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

SIX PACK wrote: »

Word travels fast...but its lies.

Lar & Aileen are both aware of this thread and aren't happy with seeing what is being written!

edit: and it wasn't me who told them about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

ottostreet wrote: »
    Word travels fast...but its lies.

Lar & Aileen are both aware of this thread and aren't happy with seeing what is being written!

edit: and it wasn't me who told them about it!

Well to be fair anything untoward has been dealth with pretty rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ball ox wrote: »
    Why would a bar wait until it had accumulated 50k before going to the bank?
    The only thing I can think of is that they think that the bank may go under...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

As Patrickc pointed out this is speculation and the post has been deleted.
    I am going to lock down this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement