Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leon Knight Loses It

• 20-09-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭

Who the fuck is Leon Knight? Well he's a 28 year old ex-Chelsea academy footballer who was highly thought of ten years ago but has been playing in the low leagues as many tend to do.

Anyhoo, he has been locked in a dispute with Rushden & Diamonds recently. He wants his registration released so that he can join Darlington but the club want 30k in return. He was initially sacked by the club for disciplinary reasons and as punishment they said that they would not allow him to sign for anyone else until his contract expires (the end of 2011/12).

His Twitter at the moment contains some pretty libellous accusations aimed at R&D and their board so I thought folk might be interested in keeping an eye on it for the evening.

http://twitter.com/knightie82

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Looks like a man with a chip on his shoulder no doubt though R+D should just let him go to another club though i don't really care:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The thing is, if he is that much hassle then why haven't R&D just cut their loses and fucked him off?

Surely if he is still contracted to them then they're paying him.

He also seems to have 'Where the hell did he go?' folk Darren Byfield and Sagi Burton in on the act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Leon Knight is a legend to me and my mates. He's short, not very strong but has skills. He's the same height as me :D

He has played for Brighton, Swansea, MK Dons and others. No matter what game I play, I have to buy him. Fifa, FM, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'll pay the 30k if he stops using txt spk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Anyone else finding that page impossible to read thanks to the wallpaper?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Looooooooooooooooooooool makes no sense what do ever.

Laugh out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out loud?

His agent might also be worth keeping an eye on -

https://twitter.com/agent2Lk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Someone Twitter him asking him to join Shamrock Rovers. That would be my dream :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The thing is, if he is that much hassle then why haven't R&D just cut their loses and fucked him off?

Surely if he is still contracted to them then they're paying him.

He also seems to have 'Where the hell did he go?' folk Darren Byfield and Sagi Burton in on the act.

says they have not paid him since 2008...

If that is the case he really should have his registration released. If they aren't paying him they shouldn't be able to further destroy his career.

some info here.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/leonknight/

3 Years ago Leon signed a two year contract with Rushden & Diamonds, he breached the terms of his contract and was sacked. His contract had an option of a years extension. When Rushden sacked Knight he was told he could no longer play football in England until his contract had expired. This month Knight agreed to sign for Darlington F.C. after waiting out his 2 years, however Rushden are demanding a 30k fee for the player and have taken the option to extend his contract up.

Now, IF that is true, R&D are well out of order imo.

Sacked him in 2008, haven't paid him since then and have renewed his 'contract' just to stop him signing for someone else.

There is two sides to every story and all that, but so far it is seeming like i'm gonna be on his side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Whats he been doing the last few years?

He's had spells in Scotland and Greece amongst others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wiki unblocked today :)

hes not allowed play for anyone since they sacked him in 2008 and has played for 3 clubs since :confused:

All 3 clubs would need international clearance and the FA would have provided that but hes not allowed play in England cos the FA said so :confused:

this is mad!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Wiki unblocked today :)

hes not allowed play for anyone since they sacked him in 2008 and has played for 3 clubs since :confused:

All 3 clubs would need international clearance and the FA would have provided that but hes not allowed play in England cos the FA said so :confused:

this is mad!

suppose it is the same as with Andy Webster, he could sign for an english side but when he went to move back to scotland to Rangers (i think) Hearts still held his registration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I agree that Rushden and Diamonds were perfectly right to prevent him playing for the two years but to extend the contract by another year is simply ludicrous. Whatever they think about the player and his attitude they can not deny him playing a game that he loves. Hopefully the FA, Leon and Rushden and Diamonds can all come to some sense and agree to release Knight and let him get back to playing football.

I signed the petition as well, his interview should be interesting.

Rushden and Diamonds are demanding he gives them £30,000 which was payed to him when he joined and he return the two Mercedes he was given also. The Mercedes aspect makes the story a bit more farcical, when he would not return them the owners of Rushden and Diamonds reported the cars missing and Knight's dad and friend were arrested for theft. It is absolutely ridiculous how this is being carried out, R&D should just release him before he makes it any more embarassing for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Moral outrage brigade out in force again, nothing wrong with what he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

RasTa wrote: »

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

pum pum :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

O hai Adolf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Maybe Darlington will take him now that they are going down to the Blue Square north :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Championship Manager got it very wrong with this lad. :(

He was a digital beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

telekon wrote: »
    Championship Manager got it very wrong with this lad. :(

He was a digital beast.

I'm not sure they did. I saw Knight a fair few times, especially for Swansea, and he was a very, very good player. He's just a mental case and threw it all away. He's an example of the fine margins between making a good career out of the game and not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Except that the guy is a complete idiot. Almost 30 years old and he's saying "I'll slowly walk away backwards". Such a hilarious line he uses it twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Would the term "losing it" not imply that something was there in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

I remember when I first started supporting Chelsea, Knight, Cole and Forsell were all considered to be big prospects for the future. Cole's the only one that made it, and he's not even that good. Huth was coming through around then too actually, he's not a terrible player.

Jon Harley and Jody Morris too... so much wasted talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

PeterTwo wrote: »
    I remember when I first started supporting Chelsea, Knight, Cole and Forsell were all considered to be big prospects for the future. Cole's the only one that made it, and he's not even that good. Huth was coming through around then too actually, he's not a terrible player.

Jon Harley and Jody Morris too... so much wasted talent.

Carlton Cole - "The Lion"

I think if Knight had grown another couple of inches, Chelsea might have kept him, the lad had bags of talent and an eye for goal. I think he got 15 at Huddersfield on loan and then he got 30 at Brighton and 20 at Swansea.
    He wasnt a premier player but a good lower league player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

I remember him been a guest on Soccer AM a few years ago. He seems to have gone through a lot of clubs......never a good sign.

He is at it again on Twitter, having a go at Danielle Lloyd and Jamie O'Hara. Hurts the brain trying to read his tweets.

https://twitter.com/LeonKnight82

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

He's not a nice guy at all.

306876_10150927141991886_1348054133_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What a scrote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

The charter still applies, even in here. I don't want to be forced into handing out infractions over this issue.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Leon Knight is acting quite the prick alright, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if what he's saying is true.

• Advertisement

Who does he play for now? Or is he still playing at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Video of Knight celebrating his own goals...

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Who does he play for now? Or is he still playing at all?

As far as i am aware he currently has no club.

rmchmufc wrote: »
    As far as i am aware he currently has no club.

Brilliant. With carry on like this I can't see him getting one too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wiki said he was released by Glentoran in June due to Twitter comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hmm, 29 and can't manage to be worth holding on to by either colraine or glentoran. Does he even count as a footballer? In fact Danielle Lloyd being married to Jamie ohara makes her closer to be a pro than knight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

In fairness to Leon the words ''wizards sleeve'' probably wouldn't be too far off.

Paully D wrote: »
    In fairness to Leon the words ''wizards sleeve'' probably wouldn't be too far off.
    In fairness, most decent footballers have been riding anything that will have them for years. Kind of explains knights jealousy issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Wiki said he was released by Glentoran in June due to Twitter comments

It was for homophobic comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

He must have ADHD or something. That video is mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

"Half the prem spunk hanging from her tonsils and this guy wifed it lmfao .. Kill yourself lol"

3on5c8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hmm, 29 and can't manage to be worth holding on to by either colraine or glentoran. Does he even count as a footballer? In fact Danielle Lloyd being married to Jamie ohara makes her closer to be a pro than knight.

She's also probably seen more naked footballers than Leon has despite him showering with them after games.

She's also probably seen more naked footballers than Leon has despite him showering with them after games.
    He probably doesn't. That would be gay.

When he can actually find someone in a low enough division to give him a game that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

rmchmufc wrote: »
    It was for homophobic comments.

Aye, homophobic comments on Twitter. Possibly the no.1 rule of what not to do in social media for someone with a bit of a reputation is to make a homophobic comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Aye, homophobic comments on Twitter. Possibly the no.1 rule of what not to do in social media for someone with a bit of a reputation is to make a homophobic comment.

That pales into comparison to what he was saying about Danielle Lloyd and Jamie O'Hara this evening, the guy has serious issues.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement