Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leon Knight Loses It

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    That pales into comparison to what he was saying about Danielle Lloyd and Jamie O'Hara this evening, the guy has serious issues.

The insults have lasted almost a full day! The man is a shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That video of him celebrating his own goals was pretty funny though. In a "Jaysus he is crazy" kind of way :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Someone jump on Twitter there and Give him some career advice to double his earning potential. Tell him to hop over the boarder for his next move. Our dole is higher.

NufcNavan wrote: »

Video of Knight celebrating his own goals...

Gotta feel sorry for whoever's living next to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Not on to speak about someone's wife like that.

Seems like a truely unpleasant character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Scummy carry on altogether. Would be surprised to see this go to court for slander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Mr Alan wrote: »

Isn't the reason Danielle Lloyd is famous that she racially abused an Indian actress on television?What goes around........

Mr Alan wrote: »

Isn't the reason Danielle Lloyd is famous that she racially abused an Indian actress on television?What goes around........
    There was about as much racial abuse in it as Daley Thompsons quip during the week. The moral outrage brigade took it on as a cause during a slow period. She was already famous at that stage anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

It's worked exactly as Leon Knight wanted. When I first saw this thread an hour and a half back he had 25k followers on twitter, he now has over 33k.

I guess you have to find that self worth somewhere when you've got no job...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Scummy carry on altogether. Would be surprised to see this go to court for slander.

Slander? Don't think that works if the allegations are true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

There was about as much racial abuse in it as Daley Thompsons quip during the week. The moral outrage brigade took it on as a cause during a slow period. She was already famous at that stage anyway.

Nonsense. It was a clear case of bullying and the three girls involved were making constant references to the fact the one they were bullying was Indian. Iirc it was Jane Goodey that was doing it the worst, but the other ones were all going along with it.

Anyway, this dude is making himself out to be a total prat. You have to be a special kind of character to ruin your own career so thoroughly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

To be fair, it's not much of a career at this stage anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Is that you Danielle? You seems upset about the whole episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Pro. F wrote: »
    Nonsense. It was a clear case of bullying and the three girls involved were making constant references to the fact the one they were bullying was Indian. Iirc it was Jane Goodey that was doing it the worst, but the other ones were all going along with it.

Anyway, this dude is making himself out to be a total prat. You have to be a special kind of character to ruin your own career so thoroughly.

Jane Goodey said **** all, she bore the brunt of the backlash because more people knew who she was.

• Advertisement

Jane Goodey said **** all, she bore the brunt of the backlash because more people knew who she was.

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Melion wrote: »
    Slander? Don't think that works if the allegations are true

Not true. The allegations may be true but they would need to be proved to be true. There is a difference

amiable wrote: »
    Who?

Just thought I'd stick with the spelling in the post I quoted. :pac:

Just thought I'd stick with the spelling in the post I quoted. :pac:

I still have no idea who she is. I better google her :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I still have no idea who she is. I better google her :)

She was the celebrity one from Big Brother and she died a few years back from cancer. She went from public enemy no. 1 to being treated like Princess Diana in the space of a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I actually felt for him after R&D's fcuked him about and was delighted when they went bust.

But Mr Knight is acting a bit of a gowl on twitter, I suppose no worse than Joey Barton does in live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well I am shocked to see Darren Bent mentioned both by Leon and this fella. Oh wait....

Lloyd was worse you're right, I misremembered. But Jade did call her ''Shilpa Poppudum'' and led most of the bullying, so she wasn't blameless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Are we that obsessed with a good racism arguement in the soccer forum that we're resurecting the celeb BB racism row from 2007? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Footballers and social media is always gonna lead to problems. Total WUM the way Knight is acting and its pretty out of hand. Silly boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

No I'm pretty sure shes famous for riding footballers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Are we that obsessed with a good racism arguement in the soccer forum that we're resurecting the celeb BB racism row from 2007? :pac:

It's socially accepted where Jade is from that "Shilpa Poppadum" is actually an endearing term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The stuff he is saying is absolutely disgusting, what a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Pretty cutting stuff but a very easy target.

• Advertisement

Is that you Danielle? You seems upset about the whole episode.
    Nope, I just temember the whole thing being a pile of **** at the time. The tabloid press decided to take down jade goody and blew the whole thing way put of proportion ,then a while later she gets cancer and they are fawning all over her. They are a bunch of parasites.

Nope, I just temember the whole thing being a pile of **** at the time. The tabloid press decided to take down jade goody and blew the whole thing way put of proportion ,then a while later she gets cancer and they are fawning all over her. They are a bunch of parasites.

It wasn't blown out of proportion and it wasn't just a tabloid thing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll agree they changed their minds again rather quickly once she got sick, but the initial row was not some minor thing. Jade, on national TV, started racially abusing someone. Jade had been a country darling for years, trying to push herself as a lovable goof in the media, and then went and started bullying someone, using racially aimed remarks, on TV. Jade made herself an easy target there, and I can't see how anyone can defend her there.

In fairness to Llyod, it did strike me at the time she was just a sidekick to Jade who realised when a line was crossed and got the hell out of dodge once she realised it was going down a racist road. She was party of the bullying group but once she was smart enough to get out of said group once she realised what was about to go down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I was referring to this whole espisode with Leon Knight. Telling someone they should "**** off home" is far more than just a quip. Added on top of this "She's a dog" and "They eat with their hands in India, don't they – or is that China? You don't know where her hands have been." She's clearly a scummer. Although her racism doesn't extend to blacks considering the amount of them she has let have a go of her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

#they can't watch motd together without causing an argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

O'Hara handled it quite well, I thought. Kept his dignity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This chap is an absolute cretin, scum of the earth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Couple of people are struggling to follow the charter, I'm going to let the incedent cool off before this re-opens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement