Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Medication

Options
  • 20-09-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just a quick question, I presume a vet has to supply you with a prescription for medication if requested, rather than just supplying the tablets?

My mother has a dog that's on corvental-d supplied by the vet and the price has doubled in the last few months from €40/month to over €80/month, although the dosage remains the same (100mg). Has anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I get arthritis meds for our family dog (PLT) off petmeds.co.uk you print off a prescription off their website, get the vet to sign and stamp it then just email or post it to them. My vet had no problem doing this. They are being paid to prescribe the medication, you dont have to buy it off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Heres a really reputable website that you could use.It was actually recommended by a vet i know. Its much cheaper @ £0.56 per capsule, but you need a vet prescription, theres a template in the link. Your vet should have no problem filling it out if you explain you simply cant afford their prices.

I hope im allowed post that link mods.

Advertisement