Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoneDeal no-hunting/shooting policy - Read mod note #138

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Your link is a bit iffy there Grizzly, it should be www.cro.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Gizmoses

Hi,

I have a classified site (only new) which has a catchy domain (.com) and also the ads are free! We are currently promoting the site in colleges in Ireland and also on facebook but have a large marketing campaign coming up. PM me if you want the URL. The site is hosted in the US and its a .com so you can list these items no problem! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Gizmoses wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a classified site (only new) which has a catchy domain (.com) and also the ads are free! We are currently promoting the site in colleges in Ireland and also on facebook but have a large marketing campaign coming up. PM me if you want the URL. The site is hosted in the US and its a .com so you can list these items no problem! ;)

why cant you post a link to the site for us all to see or maybe dont just to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Because he's shilling allready ace :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭lamper35

4gun wrote: »
    What about a chap selling a horse as a Hunter, or some one selling a Fox terrier..
    I think there are more pro shooting people using you site than anti,
    as in Grizzly post what happens when Vegan militants take offence at your site for selling Chicken and Turkey pullets or other live stock,
    make a stand for common sense..
    Hunting is as natural to nature as water is to the earth..any one who cannot see that does not understand the natural cycle

lets hope vegan militants dont see these ADS :D

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/others/1577712
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/others/1580067

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 DonnaDoneDeal

vixdname wrote: »
    Jaysus thats terrible about your sisters - them feckin foxes are getting bolder the whole time - next we'll have one running for election !!!

Ya knew what I meant lol!!! I did walk into that one lol!!

Right, apart for my stupid comment above, I'll go back to what you guys are saying. We are reviewing the policy, that is why Emer replied in the manner she did, as we don't have anything new to tell you at the moment until we have our meeting over this matter. NEVER have we claimed that all the restricted items in our policy are illegal, we simply state that they are restricted on our site.
    In regards to not allowing certain terminology on our site....that is FOR the legitimate hunter, as we felt that you would understand the abuse of certain terms by people hunting illegally or engaging in illegal activity and would know how to word it to show your ads were all above board.
    In regards to receiving a list of legal hunting items from you, could you please give me a link to a government or some other sort of official site for this as this is what I would need for the meeting, thanks.

We are a classifieds website for general sale of items, we are NOT a website specific for hunting and therefore some of our terms and conditions are not going to apply to your specific requests. However, as I said repeatedly, I will bring all these suggestions, comments, thoughts, dislikes, opinions and ideas to the team at our meeting on friday. I hope we will be able to find some sort of happy medium for this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

We are a classifieds website for general sale of items, we are NOT a website specific for hunting and therefore some of our terms and conditions are not going to apply to your specific requests
    There are plenty in the shooting community who do not and have never hunted but the equipment such as sights are still used by them. It is your site to do as ye please, but this ban on shooting gear seems to have been swayed by a minority in this country with their own agenda .....a case of the tail wagging the dog. You have come in here and been treated with respect, we are not a bunch of blood thirsty lunatics that go around blasting anything that moves, which from what i can see is how websites like yours seems to view us.

Ya knew what I meant lol!!! I did walk into that one lol!!

Right, apart for my stupid comment above, I'll go back to what you guys are saying. We are reviewing the policy, that is why Emer replied in the manner she did, as we don't have anything new to tell you at the moment until we have our meeting over this matter. NEVER have we claimed that all the restricted items in our policy are illegal, we simply state that they are restricted on our site.
    In regards to not allowing certain terminology on our site....that is FOR the legitimate hunter, as we felt that you would understand the abuse of certain terms by people hunting illegally or engaging in illegal activity and would know how to word it to show your ads were all above board.
    In regards to receiving a list of legal hunting items from you, could you please give me a link to a government or some other sort of official site for this as this is what I would need for the meeting, thanks.

We are a classifieds website for general sale of items, we are NOT a website specific for hunting and therefore some of our terms and conditions are not going to apply to your specific requests. However, as I said repeatedly, I will bring all these suggestions, comments, thoughts, dislikes, opinions and ideas to the team at our meeting on friday. I hope we will be able to find some sort of happy medium for this matter.

thanks again donna for getting back to all for us and i for one will be very very interested in what will come about or if any certain policy changes that do or do not come about on the done deal website by all this and i for one fully understand there has to be rules and regulations on selling certain things on the site but i hope common scene prevails on such hunting objects that are clearly not illegal to hunt with for example lamping lights rifle scopes and certain traps i am sure someone else here can point you in the right direction to a government website on what traps are illegal to use and what traps are not illegal and again i thank you for relpying and look forward to hearing what comes about out of all this

Donna, here's a link to the order under the wildlife acts that deals with traps and snares on irishstatutebook.ie:

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2003/en/si/0620.html

Lamping: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1976/en/act/pub/0039/sec0038.html

This prohibits the use of lamps on protected wild birds and animals; a full list of all protected species in Ireland can be downloaded from the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) here.

As you must already be well aware, firearms are legal in this country subject to certain prohibitions and restrictions. The Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform has a considerable body of information on their website: www.justice.ie under 'Security'.

Telescopic sights are legal to own with or without a firearms licence and are used for shooting disciplines not connected to hunting. I know of some people who use them for spotting as they are easier to carry than traditional spotting scopes.

Anything else you need to know? ;)

rrpc there is some very interesting reading there about the traps and snares

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

Hi,

Sorry that this has caused concern guys, but our terms and conditions state that we do not allow ads that mention "Lamping, Killing, and Digging" and therefore the ad was removed after we received complaints from other customers.

This is a very difficult topic for us to monitor, we appreciate that it is just a light, but we are also trying to protect the welfare of animals and are doing our best to keep everyone happy.....as you can imagine, that's not an easy task!

Any ads on our site that raise concerns for you, please report them to support@donedeal.ie and we will investigate them. Thanks guys.

sorry Donna to keep on about this.... but you dont seem to have a problem with this advertiser using the word lamping

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/1047546

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

sorry Donna to keep on about this.... but you dont seem to have a problem with this advertiser using the word lamping

Hey 4 gun why did you snitch on Dingle poultry, they wont be happy:D,

I am assuming that vun of Done Deal Censors was asleep, or else we have a mole in there and ther eis sabotage;)

I would imagine that ads are blocked when there are complaints, I doubt that each one is individually moderated except perhaps in one section. That one appears to be in the 'tractors' section which might explain why it got through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Lads has the ad been changed since last night or am i just still asleep because i dont see the word "lamping" in that ad at all:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Lads has the ad been changed since last night or am i just still asleep because i dont see the word "lamping" in that ad at all:confused:

The word lamping was indeed included in the original advert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

In fairness Donedeal is a great site whether your selling or buying, and if they go with the idea of a hunting section... well then it willl be even better

In fairness Donedeal is a great site whether your selling or buying, and if they go with the idea of a hunting section... well then it willl be even better

your right about done deal it is a great site and i hope they do decide to set up a hunting section but to be honest i dont think it will happen but donna says there is a meeting in her office tomorrow with the powers that be and she said she will get back to us so i for one will be interested to see what comes about of it seen as i was the one that started all this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

I wouldn't hold my breath on any changes being made to accomodate us

homerhop wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold my breath on any changes being made to accomodate us
    They are running a business lad and up untill now they have really just been listening to one side of an argument, which was probably a load of lies to begin with! they have been givin plenty of good ideas from this thread and as a business it would obviously make financial sense to accomadate us in some way shape or form. Meeting is today anyway so lets wait and see what comes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Any chance of some kind of a poll on this thread to show the kind of numbers we have here, when it comes to sales numbers talk!!:D

• Advertisement

Done. Open for a week from today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Sparks wrote: »
    Done. Open for a week from today.

18 votes in favour so far of 18 polled.
    It will be interesting to see how many Poll!

One would imagine there would have to be a significant poll for Dondeal.ie to take heed!

Small sample size, to be sure; but it says a lot that we get more votes in three hours on a workday than ICABS have active members...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Have been watching and reading this thread with some interest over the last while. Haven't commented up til now as my input would have added nothing further to the posts.

Spotted the poll - Good idea!

Could I suggest that this thread (along with the associated poll) be moved to the main Shooting forum, seeing as the poll relates to both shooting and hunting related adverts, and also the donedeal policies in question relate to all hunting and firearms related ad's.?

That way, more shooters and hunters may notice the poll and a wider spread of the shooting community will get the chance to vote on this matter, which effects us all (the wide fraternity / sorority of the shooters of all types, creeds, and colours:D).

dC

Done...

Someone voted no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

:eek: No way :P..................... there are anti's here too :D

:eek: No there are anti's here :D
    they took their time

:eek: No way :P..................... there are anti's here too :D

Wolves in sheeps clothing lol
    Or sheep in Wolves clothing!

• Advertisement

Well, we can tolerate them more than they can tolerate us bunny...

Advertisement