Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday evening parking in the city - is it "secretly" free?

• 20-09-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I know the city council signs around the city say that you have to pay for parking after 6pm on a Friday (up till 8pm or 9pm to accomodate/catch late night shoppers). However anytime I've been in town on a Friday evening I have never seen any ticket wardens walking the beat.

Anyone know if they really do work past 6pm on a Friday or is it a big secret that they actually finish up at 6pm on a Friday and hope no one parking for late night shopping notices and still pays the parking fees !?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I've seen them around since the meters were installed. In the past the old discs didnt go past 6 o'clock so the Friday evening parking wasn't enforced.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

BSPOKE20 wrote: »
    I know the city council signs around the city say that you have to pay for parking after 6pm on a Friday (up till 8pm or 9pm to accomodate/catch late night shoppers). However anytime I've been in town on a Friday evening I have never seen any ticket wardens walking the beat.

Anyone know if they really do work past 6pm on a Friday or is it a big secret that they actually finish up at 6pm on a Friday and hope no one parking for late night shopping notices and still pays the parking fees !?!

Yeah they do work after 6pm, Ive seen them about 2 weeks back, I was parked outside argos at around 7pm and there were two of them having a coffee at that new coffee bar in JR Square, they didn't seem to bothered by the few cars which were parked in and around the Cathedral and Pennys area mind you.

Advertisement