Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And again... Self Build Kit, please critic

Options
  • 20-09-2010 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Heylo...

Was about to purchase a dell there last week and basically anybody who I talked to about this, they said, don't bother - they're crap components...

So I have been on to Komplett and came up with this:

Any good? Will they all fit together? ;)

New_PC_Spec.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

All looks good except for the Graphics card, what will you be using this for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭contentking

All looks good except for the Graphics card, what will you be using this for?

Thanks Venom, what's wrong with the graphics card?

PC will be used for work 90%, 10% gaming.

Mostly use the Adobe Suite...

The Graphics card is not that good, if you're doing some gaming, the minimum I would reccomend would be the 5770 if <1080p and the GTX460 1GB if >1080p.

The Graphics card is not that good, if you're doing some gaming, the minimum I would reccomend would be the 5770 if <1080p and the GTX460 1GB if >1080p.

Gotcha,

This one here?: http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/10_GRPCARD/04_PCI-E/productdetails/15575153/Sapphire_RADEON_HD_5770_Graphics_adapter_/11163_02_20R/default.aspx

And the above system, will everything work ok together, and one last question, do I need to buy any extra cooling fans for the cpu or case etc? :|

Unless you're overclocking, you won't need any extra fans I don't think.

Just noticed, that Motherboard is not what you'll want unless you are OC'ing, go for something cheaper (but not too cheap!)

• Advertisement

Unless you're overclocking, you won't need any extra fans I don't think.

Just noticed, that Motherboard is not what you'll want unless you are OC'ing, go for something cheaper (but not too cheap!)

No, won't be overclocking, the boards aren't as cheap for the i7. What board would you recommend instead?

Thanks again for your help,

You'll have to wait for someone else to tell you what MoBo to get for the i7, I'm sorry :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Those are horrible, horrible prices!! :eek::mad:

Under €970 shipped, including a much better graphics card!

HWVS200910.png

I went with the i7-930 as many of the 950s out there are alleged to be "bad bins" with no OC headroom and excessive heat generation. Also, case is up to you, the Tempest isn't too garish, has no side window and comes with a full fan complement so no mucking around there :)

One note: I forgot to add one but I highly recommend a decent CPU cooler even for stock LGA1366 CPUs owing to their prodigious heat output! No Coolermaster Hyper 212+ on HWVS anymore but the somewhat more hardcore Scythe Mugen 2 is available for €33 there! ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That graphics card would never work on that motherboard in the first place, OP :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yeah, its AGP! :o:P Didn't see that - guess I was distracted by the goppingly awful price! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

bought a new rig in the last week from pixmania it has a i7 930 (didnt go with the 950 as some people told me that some of them have problems overclocking) a gigabyte UD3R mobo and a gigabyte 1 gig gtx 460 and its a great pc plays games all maxed out at high resolutions, btw i wouldn't go with komplett right now as their a bit of a shambles

Advertisement