Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Bout Dem Bears?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

ugly game, but a wins a win

• Registered Users Posts: 15,135 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

bobby wade wrote: »
    but a wins a win

I've found myself saying that after nearly all our wins this year!

As Dan Jiggetts said after the game Sunday: ''I'd rather the Bears be a 4-1 team that look better than they may be rather than a 1-4 team that is better than their record.''

edit: Also some good news, Jay passed his concussion test last week, both the one done by team doctors and an independent doctor and it was a Coaches decision to give him the weekend off to re-charge. So he'll definitely be playing on Sunday v Seattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭davetherave

Well that was a comedy of errors. :(
    As much as I hate to say it, if it wasn't for our defence we'd have no offence.

Good job by Lovie and the crew upstairs on the challenge and non-challenge mix up.

And how about sexy rexy being on the winning team :D

I'm now questioning if we can beat Buffalo :D.

Oatesy23 wrote: »

your not the only one

• Advertisement

:eek::eek:

Go outside, spin around three times, spit on the ground and utter a curse at the Packers. When you are finished, ask permission to come to come back in :p

Looking good so far. Up 14-13 at the end of the third quarter.
    Jay Cutler averaging 10yards a carry and 11.2 yards per pass. Go Jay, Go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

was at the game today. my first nfl game

good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

tight game last night, how we still have a half decent record is beyond me. fluked it last night on a PAT miss i mean how jammy can u get?

debate of the night last night was i cutler a bad qb or is it the offensive line that is terrible. i like cutler myself, think he can become a good qb but he just has no protection. thank god for our defence.

gufc21 wrote: »
    tight game last night, how we still have a half decent record is beyond me. fluked it last night on a PAT miss i mean how jammy can u get?

debate of the night last night was i cutler a bad qb or is it the offensive line that is terrible. i like cutler myself, think he can become a good qb but he just has no protection. thank god for our defence.

Bit of both to be honest. Never actually liked the trade but that piss poor line doesn't help

• Advertisement

Just saw on the bears roster that Desmond Clark is listed as the 2nd string Long Snapper?? If Pat Mannelly goes down, surely Olin could step in, or even Rob Garza at a push.

Or maybe I'm just under-estimating his ability considering he's been listed at fullback instead of TE since McKie was released...

I know it would be pretty unlucky for something to happen considering he's only in for a dozen plays at most per game but still....

Just saw on the bears roster that Desmond Clark is listed as the 2nd string Long Snapper?? If Pat Mannelly goes down, surely Olin could step in, or even Rob Garza at a push.

Or maybe I'm just under-estimating his ability considering he's been listed at fullback instead of TE since McKie was released...

I know it would be pretty unlucky for something to happen considering he's only in for a dozen plays at most per game but still....

Des was snapping on special teams pre-season against Oakland, it was hilarious. I also thought that Olin could do it. I'm sure after Des' pre season performance it would be Olin/Garza that would come in. Just hasn't been updated. Manning and Knox are 1 & 2 on the depth chart for kickoff returns too but that has changed.

Des Clark CANNOT longsnap.

Congrats to Patrick Mannelly. Last night was his 200th game as a Bear

That was a great win last night

“As bad as we played, we lost by five and they know we’re a better team." Jason Peters

We're still not going to get any respect from opponents or the media. Trent Dilfer, last night on ESPN, blamed the Eagles cleet size on the reason why we won. They were wearing the wrong cleets for playing on the Soldier Field grass apparently.

Yes, really. The man has some personal issue with the Bears.

And then Deion over on NFLN Gameday after the Eagles CB slipped on the Johnny Knox TD: ''It ain't the shoes baby! It's the route!'' :D.

Haters be hating, whatever!

The scoreline says differently though, and when the final whistle goes that's all that counts. :)

I was happy enough with all parts of the team though.
    Jay getting a ~147ish passer rating
    Only gave up four sacks against a good defence, Knox, Hester and Bennett did a great job recieving and how about Olsen with that jumpball averaging 17.6 yards per grab.

Defence got four sacks for 40 yards and 7 hits on Vick.

And interestingly enough,
    Paid Attendance: 62,147, Stadium Capacity: 61,500 <--Does not compute :D:D

Rick Morrissey of the Chicago Sun-Times on the Bears' 31-26 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles: "This had nothing to do with luck or a soft schedule or sidelined adversaries or the possibility that Michael Vick's body clock was set to Kazakhstan time. This had everything to do with a Bears team that, finally given an opportunity against a real, live, talented opponent, rose to the occasion and made us naysayers say, in so many words, yea. With a 31-26 victory over the Eagles on Sunday, the Bears proved they belong among the top teams in the NFL"

Detroit has a deceptively poor record, it doesnt really reflect the quality of their playing as of late, so that was a pretty good win. 9-3 is not bad a record, top of the Division and 2nd in the league behind Atlanta. Next week against the Pats will be the real test. with luck our momentum will sustain and NE's shortened week will give us an edge.

BIG game Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BullSWD

Go Pats

• Advertisement

Your kind ain't welcome 'round here.....

Unless you have beer :D

Do you have beer????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Loving ESPN's graphic for this game.

patsbears.png

Hope you guys are ready! ;)

Time for Urlacher's revenge!

da_bears011.gif

Also, there's a nice bit of snow in Chicago. Hopefully more to come in the next 5 hours. I love snow games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Also, there's a nice bit of snow in Chicago. Hopefully more to come in the next 5 hours. I love snow games.

They had a special weather forecast from Accuweather on ESPN Sunday Countdown and the forecaster was saying that this may be the worst weather that you will ever see a NFL game being played in:eek:

Can't wait... I LOVE SNOW GAMES!!:)

Looking like a cold one over in soldier field.

Clearing the tarp over the pitch
    http://twitpic.com/3fbnjr

Nearly done...
    http://twitpic.com/3fbty9

More snow has fallen at the end they started at
    http://twitpic.com/3fcv04

We have lift-off...of tarp
    http://twitpic.com/3fcvba

Now the snow is on the turf :)
    http://twitpic.com/3fczqj

State of the pitch ten minutes ago
    http://yfrog.com/h3r6egj

That didn't work as well as I'd hoped.

1st set: yfrog.com/h3r6egj

2nd: http://plixi.com/p/62595942

3rd: http://twitpic.com/photos/BradBiggs

DIVISION CHAMPS

PLAYOFFS

HESTER'S RECORD

FAVRE KNOCKED OUT

A GOOD NIGHTS WORK THAT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

bobby wade wrote: »
    DIVISION CHAMPS

PLAYOFFS

HESTER'S RECORD

FAVRE KNOCKED OUT

A GOOD NIGHTS WORK THAT

Being a life long Bear's fan, who is utterly tired of the Brett Favre circus, I have to admit that I smiled when Favre went down.

Someone needs to explain to me why he was allowed to play last night after spending the entire week listed as 'out' on the Injury List ? It just boggles my mind how the rules are changed to accommodate him.

Congratulations to the Bears on winning the 'Norris' division in one of the strangest seasons that I can remember. You would swear that Forest Gump was writing the script when it comes to the Bears.......'you never know what you're gonna get' from week to week.

• Advertisement

Woooo Go Bears!!

Does this mean I get to get myself a new skip hat or should I keep my current one for old times sake and retroness. :D :cool:
    23rs8sw.jpg

Advertisement