Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Bout Dem Bears?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭padraig_f

All-22 slideshow, not for the faint-hearted:

http://chicagofootball.com/photos/2014/10/07/49842619/index.xml?view=1

Not a good look for Cutler on the Marshall int. Two better options, Jeffrey (blue) and Holmes (white):

kexha1law6wwwt5o6p702bs0h0ysnp2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Wow basically looking at double/almost triple coverage based on safties directions - shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

God that read makes me sad.

Credit where it's due, this is decent stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Willie Young was a terrific signing. Leads the league with 7 sacks now after 2 today.

Shoutout to the 3 linebackers today as well. I thought this was a definite loss, but their play along with the excellent Kyle Fuller played a huge part. Sharpton, Christian Jones (looks like he could be the early round pick he was supposed to be before the failed drug test if today is anything to go by) and Greene. Take a bow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

So much better then last week's shambles. Great to watch a game here in Chicago. Great atmosphere here where I watched it. Just hope they can continue it next week.

We seem to be a schizophrenic team - cable of beating anyone but capable of losing to anyone.

I won't get too excited by that till we back it up against the Dolphins.

I still don't really see us going anywhere this year but there is plenty of bright spots for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

Big win on the road especially after Packers & Lions both won earlier. My prediction is a loss to Dolphins and win away to patriots as that seems to be our usual way of doing things.

My favourite thing from last night was our response in 2nd half after Falcons scored 10 points to level up. Considering how we tend tend to collapse lately, I was delighted to see instant response from the offence to get us in front again. Good to see Jeffrey go long and Jay find him. Should stretch defence's in next few games to free up space and expose opponent linebackers.

Defence stepped up considering the raft of injuries. Willie Young is a beast. Kyle Fuller once again showed his class.

Looking forward to losing to Dolphins next week lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

kennyb3 wrote: »
    We seem to be a schizophrenic team - cable of beating anyone but capable of losing to anyone.

I won't get too excited by that till we back it up against the Dolphins.

I still don't really see us going anywhere this year but there is plenty of bright spots for the future.

In fairness yesterday was a fantastic performance, the O line held up well (for the most part) and gave Cutler a lot of protection. Forte was excellent after a bit of a wobble last week, Jeffrey was excellent. Our Defense, though, was just fantastic, given what we have come to expect from them. The pressure they brought, the sacks they got, it really was heartening. And the physicality they brought against the receivers was really excellent.

But, as you say, nobody really doubts that we are capable of playing like that. Until we get a run of games with good Cutler on the field, we can't claim to have gotten away from the problems that were in evidence against the Panthers. Still, a win is a win, if we hadn't gotten it we were in serious trouble with the Lions and Packers getting wins again this week. I was still very nervous of our play all through yesterday because we are capable of blowing up, and have done on several occasions. And in fact we didn't score like we should be doing with the players we have, against what was a pretty poor Falcons D. So, I guess we'll see. I predicted us to win this week and I think we'll win next week as well. But I just don't see a win against the Patriots unless the improvement continues at a rapid pace.

• Advertisement

It's a joy to have Young playing end (in rotation with Houston & Allen) after a few years of cringing watching McClellin's attempt's at it.

I really hope Tucker has the balls to leave DJ Williams out if he's fit again next week - he's been plain awful most weeks. Sharpton (& the rest of the LBers last night) was a revelation.

Great performance. That's what's been frustrating about the previous 5 weeks, you thought the team was capable of better. No-one's expecting perfection, but you'd like to see high-intensity and cohesiveness. We got that yesterday.

- I thought it started with the d-line....sacks, pressures, forced holding penalties. Wasn't looking at the personnel that closely, but seemed like they played a good few snaps with Willie Young in for Houston at LDE, and Allen on the other side. Worked well. Having Ratliff back probably helped too with the pressure up the middle.

- We have to remember the Atlanta o-line isn't great, and is banged up, but if you can at least beat a weak o-line, that's something.

- Fuller on Julio Jones was awesome. Looking at Jones's stats today: 12 targets, 4 receptions. So you've got a good QB in Ryan, throwing to one of the best WRs in the league, and he has a 33% completion rate.

- Linebackers...is it a testament to the reserves or an indictment of the starters, that the 3 starters were out and weren't missed at all? (I think more the latter).

- Cutler...man, he is Jekyll and Hyde. Yesterday we had Good Cutler.
    crunchie44 wrote: »
    My favourite thing from last night was our response in 2nd half after Falcons scored 10 points to level up. Considering how we tend tend to collapse lately, I was delighted to see instant response from the offence to get us in front again. Good to see Jeffrey go long and Jay find him. Should stretch defence's in next few games to free up space and expose opponent linebackers.

Yeah, when they had brought it back from 13-3 to level it up, you felt Atlanta had all the momentum.

The big completion to Jeffery, and the subsequent drive was the dagger after extra-point was missed. I need to watch that drive again, but here's the play-by-play....87 yards, 15 plays, just one incompletion. And then the two-point conversion to top it off.
    3rd Quarter Play-by-Play
    Chicago at 3:35

1st and 10 at CHI 13 (3:35) J.Cutler pass short middle to B.Marshall to CHI 26 for 13 yards (R.Alford). 19 13

1st and 10 at CHI 26 (2:48) (Shotgun) A.Jeffery right end to CHI 25 for -1 yards (J.Massaquoi).

2nd and 11 at CHI 25 (2:06) (Shotgun) J.Cutler pass short middle to M.Forte to CHI 35 for 10 yards (K.Ishmael).

3rd and 1 at CHI 35 (1:40) M.Forte right end to CHI 37 for 2 yards (D.Trufant).

1st and 10 at CHI 37 (1:03) E.Britton reported in as eligible. J.Cutler pass incomplete deep left to B.Marshall.

2nd and 10 at CHI 37 (:55) (Shotgun) J.Cutler pass short right to M.Forte to CHI 36 for -1 yards (T.Jackson).

3rd and 11 at CHI 36 (:06) (Shotgun) J.Cutler pass deep left to M.Bennett to ATL 39 for 25 yards (J.Wilson).
    END QUARTER 3

4th Quarter Play-by-Play
    Chicago at 15:00 CHI ATL

1st and 10 at ATL 39 (15:00) M.Forte right guard to ATL 35 for 4 yards (T.Jackson). 19 13

2nd and 6 at ATL 35 (14:20) (Shotgun) M.Forte right guard to ATL 33 for 2 yards (J.Wilson).

3rd and 4 at ATL 33 (13:42) (Shotgun) J.Cutler pass short right to A.Jeffery to ATL 23 for 10 yards (J.Massaquoi).

1st and 10 at ATL 23 (13:01) M.Forte right end to ATL 17 for 6 yards (T.Jackson).

2nd and 4 at ATL 17 (12:28) (Shotgun) J.Cutler pass short left to A.Jeffery pushed ob at ATL 10 for 7 yards (K.Ishmael).

1st and 10 at ATL 10 (11:51) (Shotgun) M.Forte right guard to ATL 8 for 2 yards (T.Jackson; J.Bartu).

2nd and 8 at ATL 8 (11:10) (Shotgun) J.Cutler pass short left to A.Jeffery for 8 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on CHI-A.Jeffery, Illegal Touch Pass, 5 yards, enforced at ATL 8 - No Play.

2nd and 13 at ATL 13 (11:01) (Shotgun) J.Cutler pass short middle to M.Bennett to ATL 9 for 4 yards (J.Massaquoi).

3rd and 9 at ATL 9 (10:12) (Shotgun) M.Forte right guard for 9 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

(Pass formation) TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. J.Cutler pass to M.Bennett is complete. ATTEMPT SUCCEEDS. 27 13

CHI DRIVE TOTALS: 15 plays, 87 yards, 8:28

- One of my favourite bits was a big Atlanta 3rd down in the 4th quarter. It was just after the above drive. Every 3rd down is big at that stage. The Bears fans started making a ton of noise and the defensive players started urging to them to increase it further. Atlanta were forced to take a timeout. Great moment.

There's a thread about it on Reddit:
    Well done, traveling and local Georgian Bears fans.

- Looking ahead....1-1 in the next two games should be achievable. Go into the bye-week 4-4, clear up the various minor injuries, and head into Green Bay for what is probably a must-win game.

Some floating thoughts of mine.

They may still feature this year but that will be it for DJ and Briggs at season end. Seeing pace in the middle third was pretty refreshing. Very impressed by all 3 lbs.

Houston still not justifying the money. He needs to get going.

It really is looking like a stellar off-season from Emery. I’m not sold on Allen or Houston but every single draft pick is contributing positively apart from Fales and Leno who both look decent prospects too. Young is feasting on ends. Ola, a CFL recruit, is exactly what we need from the 6th OL (he should start at RT over Mills but that’s for another day). Jones looks a top UDFA and Sharpton looks promising too. I’ve a lot more faith in his eye for talent now.

A word on Fuller. I remember being gutted when the Rams took Donald. How wrong was I. Dude is a flat out stud.

Our special teams is an embarrassment to the game.

Matt Forte is sooooo good at football.

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Our special teams is an embarrassment to the game.

The return game is awful. I was wondering yesterday have we returned a kickoff outside our own 20 yet this season? I can't remember one.

One bright spot on special teams: Pat O'Donnell. Didn't give Hester much of a chance yesterday.

I'm really not getting the Houston stuff I keep reading. Yeah the stats ain't great but it's quite obvious (to me anyway from watching) that he is playing hard and well. Generating pressures, wearing down tackles (for Young to come in and get the sacks), and playing well in the run game. He's rotating from LDE, RDE to 3 tech.

He has and never will be a true sack getter but he's been a stout LDE and 3 tech.

I think the Packers game he was well below average but that's about it.

I and others probably expected a bit more but I think people are being unduly harsh.

Anyway just want to say I'm really enjoying this season - it's been entertaining and fun. I felt like kicking something last week but overall I feel more relaxed about things and have learned to just sit back and enjoy our team - for all their good and bad. I never know what to expect from us, it can be frustrating but ultimately we are going the right direct lately.

Kyle Fuller is bloody awesome - will be investing in a jersey with his name on it. I'd watch this team to see him play alone.

padraig_f wrote: »
    - Fuller on Julio Jones was awesome. Looking at Jones's stats today: 12 targets, 4 receptions. So you've got a good QB in Ryan, throwing to one of the best WRs in the league, and he has a 33% completion rate.

Kyle Fuller is bloody awesome - will be investing in a jersey with his name on it. I'd watch this team to see him play alone.

I had money on on the under lines for Kelvin Benjamin and Julio Jones the past two weeks. Plan to do that bet for the rest of the season too against our opponents no 1 receiver with Fuller out there covering them.

• Advertisement

Literally my only concern with him is injury - watch his college tape, plays ridiculously physical and for a skinny guy I don't know how his body survives.

Pity about that fecker Gilbert. I know which one I'd rather us have!

We got a player on the front of the ESPN stats page:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics

Actually two, as Fuller is joint-top in interceptions.

Dr. Jekyll makes the Pro Football Focus team of the week:
    All-Star Team of the Week: Week 6

Garza is there too. I find it hard to evaluate interior linemen, the side-on camera angle makes it difficult. Probably need to look at the all-22 to properly evaluate it.

Advanced Football Analytics have a player stats page I didn't see before:
    http://www.advancedfootballanalytics.com/index.php/home/tools/vizualizations/position-leaders

JJ Watt is pretty ridiculous in the DE category, but we have a good showing in the CB category.

Does everyone agree Ola should get a go at RT? Man, Mills was just brutal in that first half. Trest says Bushrod should be back next week.

Fully fit, I really like this defensive line. Ratliff and Paea are just beasting it and rotate real nice with the two rookies. Young is just a hero. Interesting that his contract is near identical to Hester’s in Atlanta apparently. Real nice move by Phil. Here’s a cool quote from Sunday.
    Young said he came off the field late in the game to allow Cornelius Washington to get a brief opportunity. Young’s two sacks came late in the fourth quarter.

“Just to be out there and be in a position to let a young guy go out there and get his feet wet and know the situation and get a feel for it, that is what it is about to me,” Young said. “I’m big on being a team player and there is nothing more important than seeing young guys. I had older guys when I was coming up that allowed me to do the same thing. I said, ‘Come on and get some while the getting is good.’

“That is what it is about, letting everyone eat. It’s not about being selfish. They’re going to come.”

Anyone see where the refs called a ST penalty against our no.34 at one point?

Talk about a late flag, guy is 14 years dead!

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/videos/Thayers_Playbook_Playing_Sharp/57cd7e8f-3d13-4744-85ec-6f6caefe6482

Some good stuff there.

@ 2.50 ish Ego holding up against the double team is impressive

• Advertisement

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/videos/Thayers_Playbook_Playing_Sharp/57cd7e8f-3d13-4744-85ec-6f6caefe6482

Some good stuff there.

@ 2.50 ish Ego holding up against the double team is impressive

Sharpton had a hell of a game. First time I heard of him.

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Does everyone agree Ola should get a go at RT? Man, Mills was just brutal in that first half. Trest says Bushrod should be back next week.

Will be good to get Bushrod back. Don't think they really trusted Ola at LT, thought that was the reason they had such a short-passing game against Carolina, didn't trust the protection. Did get a more balanced passing offense against Atlanta though. I expect they'll stick with Mills anyway for the time being.

Sharpton had a hell of a game. First time I heard of him.

To that and also call plays is unreal. Really hoping they continue with him over the fat, old and slow dj Williams who while not being terrible has been very very ordinary.

Today DJ and Briggs sat out. Shea is back in full. I'd have no problem if all three were demoted (and didn't come back next year either)

Bushrod was partial and Mills sat out with the pre-season foot injury.

Big game Sunday. There is nothing to suggest we're a better side than Miami, interested to see how it plays out but I'm not getting my hopes up.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/New-philosophy-is-paying-dividends/cf115dab-7adc-4fea-a3b1-4f96feb1d813

“We got a one-game evaluation on [the replacements]. They stepped in and we feel good about what they did. [But] when guys are healthy and ready to go, I anticipate those guys getting back in there and filling those roles again. And we know that we have guys that can step in when needed and get the job done, and that’s the expectation for us.”

Really disappointed with that tbh, basically no matter how well anyone plays it don't matter - the senior player will get their job back.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/New-philosophy-is-paying-dividends/cf115dab-7adc-4fea-a3b1-4f96feb1d813

“We got a one-game evaluation on [the replacements]. They stepped in and we feel good about what they did. [But] when guys are healthy and ready to go, I anticipate those guys getting back in there and filling those roles again. And we know that we have guys that can step in when needed and get the job done, and that’s the expectation for us.”

Really disappointed with that tbh, basically no matter how well anyone plays it don't matter - the senior player will get their job back.

Yeah it smacks of stubbornness. We generated a depth chart based on our own evaluations, and regardless of later performance we won't be admitting under any circumstances that we might have been wrong in any way. Ego taking precedence over winning.

Watching Pats-Jets last night, the Pats aren't great, the Bears can win there next week. Matt Forte's eyes will be lighting up, the Jets ran 43 times at 5.1 yards per carry. I think they said it was the most rushing yards ever conceded under Belichick. And that was with no passing game to speak of, the Pats knew they were running and still couldn't stop it.

Anyway, there's a game this weekend before that, and interested to see if the team can build on last week's performance and show it wasn't just a flash in the pan.

I'm optimistic. I think the various injuries have been a factor. While we've lucky enough major injuries (just Tillman), there've been a lot of minor ones that have undermined what the team is trying to do.

I think they've missed having a solid slot receiver more than I expected (I see Marquess Wilson is back in training now). Just in terms of those hi-lo combination routes where you stretch the field with Marshall/Jeffery, then have a relatively easy completion underneath to your slot receiver.

Then you've had of course Marshall and Jeffery's niggling injuries, Bushrod, Slauson on the o-line. Seem to be getting those guys back healthy now so we might see an uptick in offensive performance over the coming weeks.

Don't think the Dolphins will be easy, really should've beaten the Packers last week. Will be a an encouraging sign if we can beat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yeah it smacks of stubbornness. We generated a depth chart based on our own evaluations, and regardless of later performance we won't be admitting under any circumstances that we might have been wrong in any way. Ego taking precedence over winning.

It's also zero motivation for the players coming in when they know they won't be nailing down a spot regardless of performance.

Watching Pats-Jets last night, the Pats aren't great, the Bears can win there next week. Matt Forte's eyes will be lighting up, the Jets ran 43 times at 5.1 yards per carry. I think they said it was the most rushing yards ever conceded under Belichick. And that was with no passing game to speak of, the Pats knew they were running and still couldn't stop it.

Also remember it's the very same pats that obliterated the bengals. Will depend which pats and which bears turn up. If I was having a bet I'd still strongly fancy them at home.

My god. Thats three 3rd and close that we have passed instead of running and none have worked. Terrible INT

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ. What a tragic performance. Bad Jay today, by the looks of it. The DC needs a proper toe in the hole as well, Ratliff is the only one who looks like he could give a ****. Trestman's playcalling has been dire, and didn't even use a time out before half time (although maybe the risks involved in putting the offense on the field again put him off)

Tannehill was 14/14 at one point. Mother of jesus. Is it the grass making the D so sh*t or just Tucker? They were flying around last week on turf.

Do the Bears just not like playing in Soldier Field? (I mean, they won't like it now, what with the fans booing and all, but...) We'd be better off just taking our games on the road at this rate. As Oat says, it's possible the grass is a problem, but Miami are on the same field as we are and we're making them look like it's 1972.

I really picked a bad game to go to, this is horrible to watch. Soldier field is such a fantastic stadium and tailgating was a great experience but this game is tough to watch, nothing going right at all

I dread to think about what the score could be if ratliff wasn't on form. There is simply zero coverage in the backfield. Dolphins have figured out that if you keep the ball away from fuller then we can easily be exposed

Trestmann is a shocking head coach at times. Timeouts and some crazy play calls.

Not sure why we don't turn up at home.

Fuller :(

Hope it's not too serious.

For the love of God get Mills out of there. The guys is hot trash.

Make it stop :(

Hate Finnegan too. Why does it have to be him making plays.

• Advertisement

Train-wreck. You can take losing, but the manner of the losses has been depressing, blown out at home today, never really in the game.

Been behind Trestman, but starting to lose some faith now, just too many mistakes. The decision to keep Mel Tucker after last year has been catastrophic, the defense was an embarrassment today.

The offense wasn't great either, it's a very average looking offense.

Cutler...threw a pick, nearly threw another one. The defeat isn't on him, but didn't really do anything to help the cause either. Didn't have great protection at times, but also often doesn't seem to read the pressure well. Doesn't make plays out of structure like you see other guys making $20m doing.

But the problems are so widespread, it's really the coaching staff that you have to start to look to.

What sh*t news to wake up to. F*ck it anyway.

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/523999090615812096

Definitely the staff and GM (great draft but $126m for Cutler?). Plenty of talent there - it's just a mess how it's been used.

Not putting best players on field, poor schemes/play calls, poor clock management etc etc.

Why keep putting McClellin on the field?
    Why after last week declare the other LBers will get their job back?
    Why keep throwing so many screens when not working?
    Why keep Mills on the field when getting killed?
    Why keep accepting such a sh'it return game & ST?
    Why give a QB with a 60-53 record $126m?
    Why is our offense so average this year?
    Why no real investment in safety?
    Why not go for the onside kick after the TD? (we gave up a 31 yard return anyway). We never looked like getting a turnover and that was a pure dumb decision imho.

So much seems wrong and off.

You have Costanzo on twitter saying Trestman has made the Bears soft.

'The Bears are spending the 3rd most amount of money on offense this year ($63.5 million), behind the Saints ($69.1 million) and the Broncos ($68.2 million). The Bears are currently 17th in total yards per game, and 18th in points per game.'

Not pretty reading when you've a supposed QB whisperer as HC, 2 top receivers, a top 5 RB and a Top 10 TE.

I wonder if Kromer not focussing solely on coaching the OL is a big part of it? Or was playing 6 OLmen for a large amount of snaps last year just masking the problems? Even still should we not go back to it then?

Christ, and I thought yesterday's game couldn't have gotten worse. Fuller is going to be a huge loss. Fans were really pi$$ed leaving the stadium and booing the team at the end so big changes will have to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Can't see us making playoffs now, we will have to beat the Pats and Packers to have a chance imo. Long way to go tho so i won't give up hoping.

• Advertisement

^^ There's a good hint of optimism in that post.:)

I predict we go 6-10 and finishing bottom of the division from here (maybe 7-9). We'll be 3-6 after we play the packers again imo.

Yeah yeah we beat the 9ers and can beat anyone on our day but the above is just my own feelings on it. There's plenty wrong with this team in all areas from weak leadership, not putting the best players on the field, injuries, age etc.

Well the Vikings are such a dumpster fire we'll probably finish ahead of them, but we have 8-8 written all over us. Wouldn't be shocked to beat the patriots, our even the packers (the latter should still be an end in itself), but the playoffs? Not realistic at this stage. Even if we upset some big teams, it would take a miracle run to even get a winning record at this stage.

Linebackers who can't be dropped (even when the back ups played better) didn't create hunger, it feeds lazy egos. The defensive play calling wasn't actually bad this week, they were just on the field a lot. But I don't think I'm alone in not having faith in the dc. Who is now without the former droy in waiting.

A lot of blame for Cutler, but running forte twice in a whole half? Marshall and Jeffery also had bad days though, it wasn't all coaching problems or the quarter back. Earlier in the year they had injuries keeping them from practice. But this is an expensive elite offense that is meant to be making playoffs now, and it isn't delivering, on the contrary the supposedly mediocre defence is the only thing between us and total disaster.

But it's So week to week, a win against the patriots wouldn't surprise me and we'll all be singing their praises. But the problems will not have gone away.

We haven’t a bull’s notion at a play-off spot. Without Fuller it must be the worst secondary in the league. Linebackers are just dreadful. If Mills isn’t dropped then it’s clear performance is immaterial in selection.

We’re effectively 3 and 6. A soft second half to the season gives us a shot at 500 but I doubt it. I wish Tucker and Joe D were gone, it seems like wasted time with them on the deck still.

Well the Vikings are such a dumpster fire we'll probably finish ahead of them

Probably should finish ahead of them but I like Zimmer as a coach, and I like their defense despite it's woes late on Sunday. I can see the Vikes improving as Bridgewater gets more time. Honestly I could see us splitting games with them and finishing bottom.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/55033-Phil-Emery-Answering-Questions-on-ChicagoBears-com-Today-at-12-pm-CST/page2

Good read, I'm sure emery will know how the fans feel after that.

Way too obsessed with stats though imho, I really like phil but himself and trestman seem to trot out the same rhetoric again and again (obviously to be somewhat expected). I wondered if they were different behind closed doors but I seriously doubt it. Every now and again you have to call it like it is or call someone out.

Both seem a bit soft and don't want to hurt their little children (the players) feelings. The bbq fiasco, marshals TV show and of course cutler s show appearances say a lot imo.

I see phil continues to defend McClellin :confused:, very hard to have hope for us when that comes from the top. We all know he should have been cut by now or if not stashed at the bottom of the roster till his contract runs out this year. Instead he's a starting LBer who can do no wrong and is given the opportunity to fail week after week. Honestly reckon he's among the worst nfl players I've ever seen. Soft, lost positionally, glued to blocks - just downright awful. Every time he takes the field I cringe at being a bears fan - we are embarrassing ourselves here.

And have to say I never knew till now that we have captains based on who s birthday or been a good boy like when I was 10 and playing football. Like wtf?

• Advertisement
Advertisement