Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Bout Dem Bears?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

kennyb3 wrote: »

I'm sure he knew before. His answers sound like utter bull****, which I suppose we should expect, but it's just kind of funny to hear him deflect important questions about clock management and stuff which he must know are indefensible weaknesses in Trestman's gameday coaching. I presume you were disappointed with the more or less total dismissal of the idea of drafting a high round QB next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I'm sure he knew before. His answers sound like utter bull****, which I suppose we should expect, but it's just kind of funny to hear him deflect important questions about clock management and stuff which he must know are indefensible weaknesses in Trestman's gameday coaching. I presume you were disappointed with the more or less total dismissal of the idea of drafting a high round QB next year?

Yes And no. We are married to cutler now so I don't expect anything else really. Obviously not happy they handed him the keys to the safe when mccown outplayed him with all the same weapons but I ve made that clear many many a time.

I guess the yes bit is we have to draft one eventually- may as well be sooner than later but ain't going to happen in win now mode. Though part of me wouldn't want them learning the cutler force it into coverage balls.
    :) or the fumbles.

We ve be been in win now mode for couple of years and won't be getting near a playoff again and it isn't working. The Vikings will overtake us in a year or so imho. They are starting a rebuilding the way we should be. We too many holes and throwing money at Allen and a fortune at cutler wasnt the way to go for me.

Yes And no. We are married to cutler now so I don't expect anything else really. Obviously not happy they handed him the keys to the safe when mccown outplayed him with all the same weapons but I ve made that clear many many a time.

I guess the yes bit is we have to draft one eventually- may as well be sooner than later but ain't going to happen in win now mode. Though part of me wouldn't want them learning the cutler force it into coverage balls.
    :) or the fumbles.

We ve be been in win now mode for couple of years and won't be getting near a playoff again and it isn't working. The Vikings will overtake us in a year or so imho. They are starting a rebuilding the way we should be. We too many holes and throwing money at Allen and a fortune at cutler wasnt the way to go for me.

Some weeks I think you're wrong, and other weeks I think you're right. Which means you're probably right.

If we get a win out of the next two games, however, I will be ecstatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Phil Emery defends Jay Cutler as a “winning quarterback”

had to laugh at one of the comments: "He’s probably the winningest QB I’ve ever watched, the only problem is half the time it’s for the other team."

padraig_f wrote: »
    Phil Emery defends Jay Cutler as a “winning quarterback”

had to laugh at one of the comments: "He’s probably the winningest QB I’ve ever watched, the only problem is half the time it’s for the other team."

Phil's comments are wrong wrong wrong imho. You can be an average player on a winning team - don't make you elite.the lions have a winning record is every one of their players elite? Honestly that's just embarrassing stuff.

Yeah it was a radio show but this is the emery that gave him 54m over 3 years so he obviously thinks it.

Anyway we all know jay is nowhere near elite - flacco isn't even considered elite yet is the winning most qb since 2008, has been to multiple playoffs and has a superbowl. Cutler isn't even close to that level let alone elite. Plain old average with above average days mixed in with horrific days. Makes gorgeous throws and can do great things but too many calamities.

The 4th comment is hilarious - genuinely lol'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

Playoff hopes are long gone. Losing at home to the Bills and Dolphins ended those hopes. You have to win those games if youexpect playoff spot. Last thing I want us another average middle of the road 8-8 season. It gives you no hope of playoff spot and also gives us overage draft pick. Yes Fuller looks like a great call but here's the controversial bit. Should we emulate the suck for luck campaign if we find ourselves 3-6 after next 2 games? Why push on for a 7-9 or 8-8 and hope we get anther Fuller rather than another McClellen. why not keep an eye on getting a high draft pick and pick up some top players

crunchie44 wrote: »
    Playoff hopes are long gone. Losing at home to the Bills and Dolphins ended those hopes. You have to win those games if youexpect playoff spot. Last thing I want us another average middle of the road 8-8 season. It gives you no hope of playoff spot and also gives us overage draft pick. Yes Fuller looks like a great call but here's the controversial bit. Should we emulate the suck for luck campaign if we find ourselves 3-6 after next 2 games? Why push on for a 7-9 or 8-8 and hope we get anther Fuller rather than another McClellen. why not keep an eye on getting a high draft pick and pick up some top players

Self respect.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000415163/article/report-chandler-jones-hip-to-miss-about-a-month?campaign=Ext_Email_1st10_20141022&cvosrc=Ext_Email.Epsilon.1st10_20141022

Luckily for us!

I'd never want us to purposely lose, it's more about assessing why we have gone from 10-6 to 8-8 to ??? (6-10/7-9?). That's what has to be figured out.

You can say Emery has done a lot right, put talent in place but there is obviously something missing. Is it coaching? attitude? too much change/not enough?

Results speak for themselves.

It's not all on Cutler, but I don't understand the logic of giving him $18m a year for next 3 years when we've a deteriorating record - how is that going to help the situation?

Something ain't right.

My own theory on it is how to you expect to be an exceptional team when you've $18m pa (13.5% of your entire cap figure) tied up in Cutler when he is distinctly average.

We are an average team, as our record last year shows and will again this year. We've an average QB.

Look at his salary compared to Aaron Rodgers - in any way - average, this years or next years cap hit. It's embarrassing.

Out of interest last night i listed the other QB's I'd rather have at the Bears ahead of him. Many will disagree with it no doubt but it's my honest assessment:

1) Aaron Rodgers
    2) Peyton Manning
    3) Drew Brees
    4) Tom Brady
    5) Andrew Luck
    6) Russell Wilson
    7) Philip Rivers
    8) Joe Flacco
    9) Matt Ryan
    10) Alex Smith
    11) Tony Romo
    12) Nick foles
    13) Colin Kaepernick

They are definte's for me.

He then fits somewhere in here (not really sure where exactly)

1) Andy Dalton
    2) Cam Newton
    3) Carson Palmer
    4) Matt Stafford
    5) Ben Roethlisberger
    6) RG III
    7) Eli Manning

So he's at best the 14th best QB in the league. He is paid like he's in the top 6-8 imo.

With 32 QB's that puts him in the 56% percentile.

So again why would I expect us to have a record much above this percentile? especially when we've invest such a big proportion of our cap in that area to be average (or very slightly above it)?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

Self respect.

The Colts aren't too upset about their self respect right now.

Phil's comments are wrong wrong wrong imho. You can be an average player on a winning team - don't make you elite.the lions have a winning record is every one of their players elite? Honestly that's just embarrassing stuff.

Ah yeah, I don't take his comments too seriously, he has to say some of that stuff and support his player in public. Can't really come out and say 'yeah, he's been a bit crap this season'. I'm sure his private assessment is different.

Chandler Jones out, that's a big loss for them, coming a week after losing Jerod Mayo, two blows to the front 7.

No, I don't think it's a good idea. I don't think there's a sufficient difference between the top and the middle of the first round to add a losing culture to your team. It's never going to happen anyway because with playoff hopes disappearing fast, Trestman and Emery will be playing for their jobs in the second half of the season. I think Emery's pretty safe, but if they finish the season 7-9 or worse, Trestman will be in the firing line. If you can't have success, you at least want to see progress, and through the first 7 games we've seen the opposite if anything.

I'm not out on Trestman, but the honeymoon period is over. I like the guy personally, but at some point you have to say you're defined by the team's performances on the field.

Interesting talk with Dan Durkin on Boers & Bernstein about him yesterday:
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/audio/670-the-score-interviews/dan-durkin-with-boers-and-bernstein-10-20-14/

• Advertisement

Urlacher has been a media clown since retiring but finally gets one right here;

“We say it every year how talented Jay is … how much talent,” Urlacher said. “But the NFL is not a talent contest. It’s a winning contest.”

Cutler is just 4-8 in his last 12 starts.

“You look at his contract, he was paid like an elite quarterback, if I am not mistaken,” Urlacher said. “He just hasn’t produced like an elite quarterback.”

"You look at the guys ... the Bradys, the Mannings, the Rodgerses, the Breeses ... those guys win every year. Even with no one around them. (Aaron) Rodgers has no offensive line, he wins. (Tom) Brady has no receivers, he wins. You look at Jay, he's got Brandon (Marshall), Alshon (Jeffery), Matt (Forte) and a great offensive line ... Martellus Bennett ... and they can't seem to put it together for some reason.

Echo's my thoughts from yesterday - 4-8 is worse than I thought. It's not all on him but he's being paid so much we'll have weaknesses - he needs to be so good they can be overcome.

Urlacher has been a media clown since retiring but finally gets one right here;

“We say it every year how talented Jay is … how much talent,” Urlacher said. “But the NFL is not a talent contest. It’s a winning contest.”

Cutler is just 4-8 in his last 12 starts.

“You look at his contract, he was paid like an elite quarterback, if I am not mistaken,” Urlacher said. “He just hasn’t produced like an elite quarterback.”

Echo's my thoughts from yesterday - 4-8 is worse than I thought.

But that's just urlacher continuing his vendetta combined with never having liked Cutler. Not defending Cutler but this thing of him being paid as an elite qb is not quite correct, it's pretty much the going rate for a starter right now. Nobody was realistically expecting him to perform like the guys lach compares him to (excerpt brees who has been very poor this year). Not defending Cutler, but this is more agenda driven nonsense, it's a shame he can't let it go because it's tarnishing his legacy in a big way. He's loved by fans (Who he never loved), but every time he speaks he undermines the team he was the face of for years.

He just misses Lovie. I don't personally.

going rate for a starter right now

I fully agree that it's an Urlacher jibe but he is dead right imho.

I don't really know which way to answer with this tbh. So you just pony up $18m per year to have a mid range starter QB? Is it really the going rate for that? I see QB's way up my list above paid equal or even less (ignoring the rookies)

It's not quite elite money, but it's not a million miles off. Look at Manning's average contract cost over this year or next, or Brees for that matter.

Have a good look at Brady's - you'll be amazed (signed only Feb 13).

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/average/quarterback/limit-25/

The next 3 years are there too FYI.

Point is:

1) Not performing anywhere near relative to how he is paid

2) Inconistent - totally killing us in certain game

3) Little to no signs of improvement - if anything the arrow is pointing down.

Here's another interesting snippet from Brad Biggs;
    '
    What is most disappointing right is that Cutler is 8-10 as a starter with Marc Trestman as his coach. The complaint during the early part of his career with the Bears was that Cutler didn’t have the offensive talent around him to win. The Bears didn’t have playmakers on the outside to complement the quarterback and running back Matt Forte. The sample size isn’t really even, but Cutler was 24-17 as a starter before the trade for wide receiver Brandon Marshall. He is 18-15 in 33 starts with Marshall.'

Good post I spotted on CSS on Allen & Houston not coming up with sacks. Young still seems to be able to produce all the same.

I think Houston has done better than he's given credit for, I never expected sacks - he is there to be a stout LDE and to play some 3-tech.

Allen on the other hand looks washed up, much like last season Hulkhands, of this board, basically told us as much. His money v's production will kill us this year and next.

Anyway here it is:

'On early downs, Tucker's D scheme often puts our DE's in a 9 technique

From this position, they are still required to close in (Pinch) on A and B gap running plays. Because of this, the Ends are required to read and then react.

What does "read and react" mean? Generally they will key off the first step of the Tackle. If he blocks down or steps forward, it is likely a run. If he steps back, it is generally a pass play.

When you combine the half second delay to read with the fact that they're already lined up a yard to a yard and a half from a 5 technique, you quickly begin to understand why they are both getting some pressure but not sacks.

This isn't new information. If you note Peppers, and every other DE he's had, they all have to overcome this same handicap. This is a base concept in every Tucker D I have watched film on going back to Cleveland...'

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

I rate Allen and Houston’s contributions pretty similar to date. Both decent against the run, bad against the pass with a couple of embarrassing performances each.

Both total and utter wastes of cash so far.

I wasn’t expecting 20 sacks from Houston. One would have been nice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

1) Not performing anywhere near relative to how he is paid

2) Inconistent - totally killing us in certain game

3) Little to no signs of improvement - if anything the arrow is pointing down.

That's the key for me. I've always been a fan of Cutlers, loved him in Denver, showed so much promise, potential and talent there - sure it was mixed with young QB mistakes, the problem is he has shown no signs of fixing the mistakes, or even changing behaviours to mitigate against making them.
    He will go into gunslinger mode and win you a game you had no right to, but the same trait will lose you many a game also.

Great to watch when he's "on" all the same though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

The Colts aren't too upset about their self respect right now.
    I wish we were the same. Lets be realistic, we are going to get worked by the patriots. One thing to note, the bears are 3-0 on turf and 0-5 on real grass. The Patriots play on turf ..... maybe we have a chance :rolleyes:

I remember looking up the DE stats last year when the signings were being made. And I don't think stats are the be-all-and-end-all, but I noticed that Jared Allen and Willie Young were polar opposites.

Allen graded really well on traditional stats (think it was 13 sacks), but quite poorly on the advanced stats (QB pressures/hurries), which suggested he was over-valued when you just looked at his sack-rate.

Young was the opposite: very low sack number, but graded exceptionally well on pressures, which suggested he was under-valued based on his sack rate.

Just find it interesting that the advanced stats turned out to be better predictors, and that Emery signed both, despite them looking very different stats-wise.

The other article I remember reading at the time was how DE production tends to fall off a cliff around the age of 33 (Allen is 32). It was an article about DeMarcus Ware, but had good information on projecting DE production in general:

Why the Dallas Cowboys Had No Choice in Cutting DE DeMarcus Ware

26811398f05b3b9a7715b77b41c8ff2c_original.jpg?1394632244

Just reading it again, good article. Says that DEs get paid according to past sacks, but that pressures are a better indicator.
    Allen had 13 sacks and got paid $8m, so it wasn't a major overpayment (typical payment tends to be about $1m/sack).

Article also says a DE should have 85% of his peak production at age 32, so Allen shouldn't be completely washed up.
    He had that pnuemonia thing, and we played a few read-option QBs, so I'm happy to reserve judgment til the end of the season.

Brady isn't a read-option guy and the New England o-line isn't great (though they do scheme well to mitigate that), so bit of an opportunity for him this weekend.

McClellin starting on strong side, dj at middle and Jones at will.

Happy to see Jones but going to be hilarious watching McClellin against a team like the patriots covering in 2 TE sets.

God I love our coaches.

i also hate they are messing Jones around from strong to will. He s an u drafted rookie ffs let him play a few in one position.

Greene didn't have a great game last week, in this instance I would have stuck with him. He played well via Atlanta. Every chance this will destroy his confidence imho.

Have they not been watching fat slow Dj or useless McClellin all season? Guess Greene isn't in the nine circle or a high enough draft pick.

Our coaches are utterly f'ucking baffling.

Our best lb performance came without the 2 clowns.

• Advertisement

I was hoping to see Briggs & Bostic back, the linebackers will come under particular pressure against New England. When I've watched the Patriots, I notice they get the ball out super-quick to protect their shaky o-line. I think a lot of times our d-line won't have time to get there and it'll be up to the LBs to cover those short-passes & runs.

I think the Bears should push the safeties up to help. If you get beaten over the top, so be it, but I don't think the Patriots really want to do that. Try and take away the middle & flat, and if they do go deep, at least the d-line have a chance to get there.

I was hoping to see Briggs & Bostic back, the linebackers will come under particular pressure against New England. When I've watched the Patriots, I notice they get the ball out super-quick to protect their shaky o-line. I think a lot of times our d-line won't have time to get there and it'll be up to the LBs to cover those short-passes & runs.

I think the Bears should push the safeties up to help. If you get beaten over the top, so be it, but I don't think the Patriots really want to do that. Try and take away the middle & flat, and if they do go deep, at least the d-line have a chance to get there.

I'd take you as dc over tucker- wait see our safeties will be way too deep same as all season. I've hardly seen a ball go over their heads. Loads of catches between LBers and safeties and plenty yards after the catch - I expect we see the same 2moro.

I'd take you as dc over tucker- wait see our safeties will be way too deep same as all season. I've hardly seen a ball go over their heads. Loads of catches between LBers and safeties and plenty yards after the catch - I expect we see the same 2moro.

Yeah, let's see if it happens, bearing in mind this was last week...

B0ZfS1oIEAE95sB.jpg:large

Yeah, let's see if it happens, bearing in mind this was last week...

B0ZfS1oIEAE95sB.jpg:large

Look at Greene, totally misread it. I'd say that play alone got him benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Empty backfield every snap. Two tight-ends up the middle to feast on the worst lbs and safeties in the league. 50 point win for New England.

I know Bellichek is a big fan of my posts. I trust he'll appreciate that insight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Beyond caring now. Time to plan for next year.

Firstly, getting rid of Tucker and getting someone competent in there so we can find out what defensive players are worth keeping.

The offense is f*cking embarrassing too.

• Advertisement

diNFpub.png

Jesus Christ someone make it stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭Guffy

SO how much would it hurt us to cut Cutler now?

Sack trestmans imho, in way over his head. There is a reason he was in the cfl and no one else waste slightest bit interested. Turns out emery isn't the smartest guy in the room overlooking McCoy, Kelly and Arians - all going places with their teams.

The head coach is accountable for every coach and player. He is the one who has tucker as dc and stuck by him too. He is the reason dj and McClellin are on the field - he could pull the 2.

He is weak and nowhere near a good all round coach. He' s been found out offensively this year and has been absolutely useless defensively - no input or influence.

We just spent most of a draft and free agency on defence and opposing qb's have gone so thing like 55/65 in completions to attempts in two games - utterly ridiculous. It's a travesty and a pure embarrassment.

For all that emery has done some good stuff I'm not sure if the McClellin, trestman and cutler contract outweigh the good stuff.

We ve gone from 10-6 with little offence, to pure sucking and looking at finishing bottom of the division.

Worse we ve s'hitty contracts in place with cutler and Allen. Some would argue Houston too.

All 3 phases of the game are in trouble.

There is loads of other questionable (at best stuff) - letting Nick roach walk, letting urlacher go before we had anyone to come through. Signing and keeping Dj Williams, Anderson, no safety investment, going short on DT's last year etc etc.

Nobody expects a GM to get everything right but the record is beginning to speak for itself.

It's sad people were falling over themselves to Lord him as a saviour when he'd done **** to prove it - only talk the talk.

I can only say I told you so with cutler, I'm sorry but I can't help it, the guy has all the throws but will never put it together. Every excuse in the world offered. Actually cannot believe we've 18m per year invested in him for next 2 years.

Hard to see us near a Super Bowl inside 5-7 years so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

gufc21 wrote: »
    SO how much would it hurt us to cut Cutler now?

Its a real possibility according to some of the guys i was speaking to at the game last week, the general consensus is the length of the contract means nothing. The fallout from this game will be huge. Things can't go on like this much longer.

• Advertisement

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Its a real possibility according to some of the guys i was speaking to at the game last week, the general consensus is the length of the contract means nothing.

Those guys you were speaking to clearly don't understand how it works. Cutler isn't getting cut. That will only make things 10 times worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Stupid question, is it all on defense or has cutler messed up our very good offence from last year? Buck stops with the coach. patriots are a serious team as well don't forget.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Those guys you were speaking to clearly don't understand how it works. Cutler isn't getting cut. That will only make things 10 times worse.

I wasn't going to argue with them to be honest, life long bears fans. It will be very expensive but could be done. Bears aren't going to win anything with Cutler by the looks of things.

Badabing wrote: »
    Stupid question, is it all on defense or has cutler messed up our very good offence from last year? Buck stops with the coach. patriots are a serious team as well don't forget.

Pats are Middle of the road offensively this year - their o line is average at best and we got no pressure. Brady hasn't looked so good in years.

Everything is wrong - from special teams, to defence to offence, to poor coaching, no heart, shocking contracts in place.

We are going nowhere fast. Well unless you count downward.

We ve the worst linebackers in the league and near worst safeties.

Our coach is Mr softy and our gm thinks he's clever than everyone else and acts accordingly. He uses stats to try justify everything and thinks our qb is elite cause he has a winning career record yet is 4-9 in last 13 games and was outplayed by a journeyman in josh mccown last year. So he gave him 54m over 3 years to keep us missing playoffs.

He continues to try justify his McClellin pick rather than cut his ass and send him back to Burger King where he belongs. It's pathetic.

Hope that sums it up for you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Empty backfield every snap. Two tight-ends up the middle to feast on the worst lbs and safeties in the league. 50 point win for New England.

I know Bellichek is a big fan of my posts. I trust he'll appreciate that insight.

Bill says thanks....

That's what i wanted to hear, we're a 8-8 team if we're lucky

That's what i wanted to hear, we're a 8-8 team if we're lucky

We're not tho. We may just about have 8-8 talent but we are going to come close to realising that talent for multiple reasons but mainly sh'it coaching and sh'it play calling. Like passing too much against the top rated pass D, who aren't ver good on the ground.

We also have a dc with an iq of 5.

Not sure what team people have Been watching that they expect us to go on a streak to finish near 8-8.

We are about to be 3-6.

We ve given up the most points in the nfl this year. The packers could put 60 on us if they are bothered.

Our Canadian football league coach, is an offensive guru who's team put up 7 points in one half tonight, 0 in the second half v Green Bay, and again **** all in first half v panthers.

He can't even figure it out offensively and hasn't the foggiest of what goes on the other side of the ball.

He was hired to fix cutler who is just as broken - even if he looks better statistically thanks to our junk time scores.

He's probably about to be head coach for the second year in row for new defensive records of the wrong kind.

But part from that he's doing a great job and the players like being team captains on different weeks when they are good little boys.

Himself and phil are great though cause they give intelligent sounding press conferences - which is what really matters don't ya know!

And I ll admit I was sucked in by trestman based on the talk, his winning cfl experience - I like a winner but he has proved he doesn't have the metal to be an nfl coach.

I'd given up on the game at that point, but saw on twitter Lamarr Houston injured himself celebrating a sack. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

@Rich_Campbell
    "Bears & DE Lamarr Houston (right knee) hoping for good news with MRI Monday, but some fear the worst. Postgame scene around him was somber."

Who celebrates anything during such a total beating?

Was going to say we can take the Packers but after their first play against the Saints nooo way, going to be a long 2 months

• Advertisement

Was going to say we can take the Packers but after their first play against the Saints nooo way, going to be a long 2 months

I was going to get out if bed to watch the game, saw the score. This hasn't been a good weekend for me sport wise, so I decided to stay in bed rather than torture myself further. Goodnight.

Who celebrates anything during such a total beating?

Yes, and I think maybe indicates a problem with the culture in the dressing room. e.g. it's hard to imagine a Patriots player doing something like this.

I thought the Lions player Tulloch blowing his knee out in a celebration was bad, but they were probably winning. To do it when you're 30 points down and heading for 3-5 is probably the most embarrassing on-field act in the NFL this season.

It's funny, when you think well to people, you can overlook a lot. Psychologists call it the halo effect, i.e. when you're well-disposed to someone, you view their acts more positively than if someone else did it.

Up to a few weeks ago, I was drinking the Trestman kool-aid, and it influenced my view on certain things...

'hmm, not sure giving Cutler a big contract in a West-Coast-Offense is such a good idea, but hey, Trestman knows WCO better than me, so who am I to judge?'

'Brandon Marshall is flying to New York every week to film Inside the NFL. Hmm, doesn't sound like a good idea in terms of affecting game-preparation, travel-fatigue etc., but hey, if Trestman's ok with it, I guess it's ok'.

Then you see communication problems between QB and receiver, bad performances, the halo effect goes, and you view those things in a different light.

You also had Lance Briggs missing practice to open a restaurant a week before the start of the season. Didn't seem like a big deal to me at the time, but in hindsight, when you see the product on the field, these things start to add up.

The Houston thing is the latest example. You can blame the player, and he certainly deserves a certain amount, but it's maybe indicative more of a general culture problem.

Has Tucker been fired yet?

Now is the time. I'm going to lose whatever faith I have left in Trest and Emery if Tucker is not let go during this bye.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/55321-Emery-and-Trestman-Press-Conference-12-30

First post - lol - will turn out to be so true.

Will be the usual of - look at things, try to go through a process of things to improve, look at film and inside ourselves, come together as a team and rebound yada yada yada.

What are the odds on 'first half of the season' or 'still 2 quarters left' getting dropped in?

11-13 now under Trestman. A losing team.

Appartently Trestman is dissapointed for Houston - should be calling him an utter gobs'hit for doing that. I'm convinced now - I want Trestman gone - we can't win with mr softy in charge.

'The Bears have now surrendered 45 points or more in three of their past 18 games. To put that into perspective, consider the fact the Bears allowed 45 points or more in just three of 222 games prior to Sunday, dating all the way to Week 9 of the 1999 season, according to ESPN Stats & Information.'

Wow Lovie's 10-6 wasn't acceptable but this s'hit and 11-13 are.

And just for laughs:

According to Allen, Chicago "had a heck of a week of practice" coming off a drama-inducing loss last week to the Miami Dolphins'

It's okay we're a great practice team. Good work guys!

Will be interesting to hear what crap and stats Emery comes out with in his press conference later today.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/55321-Emery-and-Trestman-Press-Conference-12-30

First post - lol - will turn out to be so true.

Will be the usual of - look at things, try to go through a process of things to improve, look at film and inside ourselves, come together as a team and rebound yada yada yada.

What are the odds on 'first half of the season' or 'still 2 quarters left' getting dropped in?

11-13 now under Trestman. A losing team.

Appartently Trestman is dissapointed for Houston - should be calling him an utter gobs'hit for doing that. I'm convinced now - I want Trestman gone - we can't win with mr softy in charge.
    Did you edit this? I think you had said you had drank the kool aid on trest? But to be honest I'm pretty sure you never did.

Did you edit this? I think you had said you had drank the kool aid on trest? But to be honest I'm pretty sure you never did.

That was me drinking the kool-aid.

Press conference...

Houston out for the season with torn ACL.

Slauson out for the season with torn pectoral muscle.

Tucker stays, Trestman said something like 'it will be solved by the people in this building'.

They have now surpassed Lovie/Angelo levels of incompetence.

I didn't watch a lot of the game yesterday because it was so ugly. But the stat sheet says Tom Brady was 30 for 35 yesterday and his receivers were credited with 4 drops. On top of Tannehill last week and all of the sh*t dating back to last season, how the hell can you keep Tucker?

• Advertisement

It's trestman - he has no balls, wants to be everyone's best friend.

You can totally tell he is of the style that tries to drag everyone along and in the right direction - which is fair enough when those people are half way competent.

It's going to be interesting to see this play out - he s firmly putting his head on the block as we tank this season.

The Shea McClellin project is the most interesting bit for me - he was covering gronk 1 on 1 yesterday - I have no words to describe or explain that.

I'm obviously not happy we ain't doing well but least this train wreck is crashing faster than I thought rather than more 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 and no playoffs.

I said before we need a rebuild and I think it's showing. You can't replace urlacher, roach, peppers, Melton, a healthy Tillman etc with Anderson, dj Williams, mcclellin, a washed up Allen. Then on top of that you've **** coaching and a huge part of your cap going to the same qb as before who's not playing any better - possibly worse.

Advertisement