Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone to access Xbox Live

• 20-09-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to use an iPhone to access Xbox Live? How can I teether it to the xbox?

Has anyone experience doing this? Are games playable

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

silvine wrote: »
    Is it possible to use an iPhone to access Xbox Live? How can I teether it to the xbox?

Has anyone experience doing this? Are games playable

You can get an app called 360live which will give you access to your inbox and stuff. You can't play games on XBL though. Try a Windows 7 mobile if you want that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 stacey_girl

You can get an app called 360live which will give you access to your inbox and stuff. You can't play games on XBL though. Try a Windows 7 mobile if you want that.

I got that app and have had nothing but problems with it, I mailed the support address and two weeks later I'm still waiting on a reply.

You cant go online with your xbox using the iPhone, if you could it would cost you a lot more than it would to get a phone line in and buy a broadband package, as Live uses a lot of bandwith.

Even if you use one of the dongles that are available from mobile operators these days, you will experience problems with NAT (network address translation). Not to get too technical, but this means that you will get disconnected non stop, which means that most game servers will ban you anyway, or else you will get a bad rep from people and will find it hard to join games.

I use Magnet and it is fantastic, it costs me €40 pm along with line rental, they will even help you set it up for gaming if you are nice to them.www.magnet.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

After a quick google it seems like people have had success by connecting the Xbox to a laptop via ethernet and then connecting the laptop to their iphone via USB and tethering it.

Oh and that 360Live app is crap alright. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

as long as your bridge your iphone and ethernet connection on the laptop it should be fine...
    forget about playing games though,...pings are over 200 so you'll get a crapload of disconnects

Advertisement