Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should i do?

Options
  • 20-09-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

I was in work today and there was 3 of us having a conversation about football. I told one of the guys MR.A to shut up cause he didnt know what he was talking about. Now i was half laughing when i said this. He got up straight away pure thick and said if i told him to shut up again then he would see me at 3 o clock. the time we both finish. I asked him was he going to kick the s**t out of me. he stated we'll wait until 3 and see. I backed down at this stage as i noticed his right fist was clenched. This guy is stronger than me and does martial arts. so i left it at that.

We got on really well before this playing golf and that together. So i dont know what got in to him.

If i tell my team lead he could get sacked, something i dont want. If it happens again and it comes out i didnt say anything in the first place how would that make me look.

Should i make my team lead aware of it and if it happens again go to H.R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

if ye were pally before might as well apoligise for your offensive comment and that it didnt mean any harm by it. maybe make an offer of lunch or round of golf as a sorry token.

it takes a big man to aploigise but a bigger man to accecpt the apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

if ye were pally before might as well apoligise for your offensive comment and that it didnt mean any harm by it. maybe make an offer of lunch or round of golf as a sorry token.

Ok, so what your saying is that i should apoligise because i jokily made a comment telling him to shut up and ignore the fact that he overreacted and he verbally threated me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    Ok, so what your saying is that i should apoligise because i jokily made a comment telling him to shut up and ignore the fact that he overreacted and he verbally threated me.

no you apoligise to him that your comment caused him to react in the way he did.

hopefully he then will apoligise for reacting the way he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Did things blow over - how are they today.

Sometimes people in the work place can over react, it's a culmination of external and internal factors.

I wouldn't mention it unless things continue to be frosty.....

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

I tired chatting to him a couple of time's today and he just blanked me so F him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Eh no, not really. It takes nothing to accept an apology that was made to you. It's making that apology that's the hard part

Advertisement