Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer

Options
  • 20-09-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi All, I want to buy a Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer. Are they worth the price? Its a huge investment so I want to make sure its worth it. It will get plenty of use but then again there is nothing wrong with the cheapo one I have. Any opinions please.

http://www.kitchendresser.net/kitchenaid-artisan-stand-mixers-526-c.asp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Prenderb suggests the Kenwood Chef type. He has one himself and whilst he agrees it doesn't look so nice as the KitchenAid, it's got more power. And that's A Good Thing. (though maybe not a huge difference in usability). It's also a little cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭d4v1d

my wife got one and she swears it was one of the best things we've bought for the house. although i guess some of that positivity comes from trying to justify the price :)

they are very good though. we got two attachments for it, the ice-cream maker and the pasta maker and they have really made it worth the cost. i think the ice-cream maker came free as a special offer when we bought it.

but i digress..., we've had it for two years and we use it nearly every second day. apart from having to dismantle it to clean it every couple of months it's a damned good machine.

there may be more powerful machines available for (a lot) less but i don't think the power has ever been a problem for anything we've used it for.

if you are buying one, don't be afraid to haggle on the price. you should be able to knock a few quid off !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Thats 500 euro for a 300W mixer.

I picked up a 1000W Kenwood in Arnotts last month for 300 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

It's all about looks with these though, isn't it? You have to decide if you want it for it's purpose, or for it's aesthetic qualities making your kitchen prettier.:) That will decide if it's worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

omg i would love one of these - let us know if you buy it op and how it goes!!
    The last mixer I bought cost 100 and i had to return it because it didnt reach the bottom of the bowl when mixing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Nisbets.ie do a K45 kitchenaid mixer for 320 yoyos in any colour as long as its white.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Having used both Kitchen Aid and Kenwood, I would go for the Kenwood. I just found the Kitchen Aid had far less power and a smaller bowl than the Kenwood. Stylistically, the KA is so cool, but for power, it has to be Kenwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

The Kenwood is one of the best mixers I've ever come accross,and people who want the KitchenAid seem to like it better because its prettier.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Prenderb wrote: »
    Prenderb suggests the Kenwood Chef type. He has one himself and whilst he agrees it doesn't look so nice as the KitchenAid, it's got more power. And that's A Good Thing. (though maybe not a huge difference in usability). It's also a little cheaper.

Is that the Kenwood kMix food mixer? Was having a look and it looks superb. Must get one............for her indoors.........from Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

It's similar. More like this though. A little (a lot, maybe?) less pretty, but just as functional, if not more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RyanAsh

Does anyone know if the Lidl mixer thats in the stores today is any good?

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20100923.p.MultiPurpose_Food_Processor

Its a good price for so many attachments and 550W of power, 3 year guarantee as well.....but is it any good?!

Advertisement