Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printer help

• 20-09-2010 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm not to sure if I am posting this in the right place, so if it has to be moved, fire away!

I have a HP Photosmart C4280 Inkjet All-in-One printer. The power cable has stopped working, it's the part from the adapter box to the fitting into the printer. I know this because when i plug the cable into the wall socket the light comes on on the adapter box. When I then plug it into the printer it starts to flash and it's not meant to, then the power doesn't reach the printer.
    I was in PC World today (where I bought the printer 2 years ago), to buy a replacement cable. I was told they didn't do them and I would have to buy a whole new printer.
    Can anyone here tell me if there is somewhere else I can purchase one. I looked at the HP site but can't seem to find it.
    Sorry this is so long.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It seems a bit ridiculous for them to tell you that you'd have to buy a whole new printer.

Have you tried amazon or ebuyer?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

loada crap. It's an hp, and they all use a type you can get in most electronic stores including Harvey normans. I've a C4200 and a laptop cable will fit it (the type that goes in the adapter block) Basically a mini kettle type. You'll just have to splice the end where it has the special hp end that goes in the printer with the three holes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

If I understand you correctly the power supply light is steady until you plug it into the printer then it starts to flash ?

This is likely to be a serious jam in the printer, such as paper caught or a carriage jam.
    Can you carefully check the printer including removing the rear door just to see if you find anything.
    The flashing light is usually in indication of a power supply overload.
    You might like to try the following
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3192753&lc=en&cc=ie&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=ie&submit=GO

and http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ie&lang=en&product=3192753

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

Or if you do need to order new, it looks like only €17.50 (inc shipping) Order parts in the 1st link above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

It seems a bit ridiculous for them to tell you that you'd have to buy a whole new printer.

Have you tried amazon or ebuyer?
    Yea, I will have a look at that, thanks.:)
    drakshug wrote: »
    loada crap. It's an hp, and they all use a type you can get in most electronic stores including Harvey normans. I've a C4200 and a laptop cable will fit it (the type that goes in the adapter block) Basically a mini kettle type. You'll just have to splice the end where it has the special hp end that goes in the printer with the three holes

The wall plug to the adapter block seems fine, it's the part that connects to the printer that seems to be the problem. Doesn't look at all like a mini kettle type. This it! Just found it. http://partsurfer.hp.com/media/photos/0957-2231.jpg
    I will pop into Harvey Normans tomorrow if I can't find it online. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement