Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Constant beeps?

• 20-09-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Today my computer started beeping constantly. Not one long beep a constant beep every couple of seconds. I've googled and I'm not sure if it means it is overheating. Can anyone cast light on this for me please?

When I turn the speaker off the noise stop.

Comments

my hdd does that, and it's not the speakers
    am afraid it's overheating or on the way out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

:(:( What can I do about the overheating? Does it mean a new fan? Should I should it down until I can do something about it - as it will it melt the hard drive and I'll lose all my photos and docs or will it just stop working. Feck it. I only had it fixed two weeks ago. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

What model is the pc, beeping could mean 1 or both ram chip dimms is loose, not fully seated.TOUCH water tap metal, and pc metal case, to earth yourself, and reseat the ram chips.IF they seem loose.Post here MODEL NO,EG Dell lx450.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

May not be related, but is there any chance you have a key stuck on your keyboard? Sometimes if you hit a key on your desktop or somewhere it will beep, if its stuck it will continue to beep...just a thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Not a key stuck but thanks, I hadn't thought of that initially.

I couldn't tell you the PC model. It's one a friend made up for me comprised of various bits and pieces. In fact the tower/CPU is an old server. The guy who fixed it for me called it the Beast and nearly broke his arse laughing at me when I wheeled it in in a Superquinn trolley. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

whats the mobo name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

disconnect the cables that go into hardrives,cdrom/dvd ,does the beeping stop.

Advertisement