Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Leagues

• 20-09-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, have heard the leagues are starting back shortly. Have been away from the game for a while and was wondering if anyone on the forum is playing in them this year??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭DubGF

I am hopefully playing this year. Only division 2 but its good crack, playing for the Racecourse in Baldoyle.

I used to play over 15 years ago, there were 9 divisions back then, now there is only Premier, Division 1 and Division 2, shows the decline in the sport.

The standard is great in the premier league, 80 plus breaks knocked in quite regularly.

See this link for any info.

http://dublinsnookerleagues.dynalias.com/Main.htm

I have knocked in a few 45 plus breaks in the 2nd division and had some great matches. I love playing in Roadstone as the tables are great. Spawell also has great tables, the cup finals were on there this year, we were beaten in the final :(

As I said in a previous post let me know asap if you would be intereseted in playing for the Racecourse, we might be getting 2 teams in this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Thanks for the post Dub. I used to play Div2 myself for the Spawell but had pretty much stopped playing the game until the last few weeks (move to Kildare/baby = no snooker time). Really enjoyed it and used to love the away matches to get to see other clubs. Was involved with running the leagues for a couple of years aswell.

Thanks for the offer to play but at the moment I couldn't commit the time as work eating up a lot of evenings. Gonna try get back playing regularly over the next few months and hopefully play leagues again next year (fingers x).

Best of luck to Racecourse in the leagues!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

Hi guys, I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there are tournaments or leagues for beginner/intermediate type players. I've been playing alot recently with a friend (split between the snooker club in Monkstown and Crossguns) and we're looking to branch out and play a bit more. We are both the same skill level and would sometimes get a 20+ break or there abouts. We're looking for singles or preferably doubles tournaments.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 petermurp

Tin_Cup wrote: »
    Thanks for the post Dub. I used to play Div2 myself for the Spawell but had pretty much stopped playing the game until the last few weeks (move to Kildare/baby = no snooker time). Really enjoyed it and used to love the away matches to get to see other clubs. Was involved with running the leagues for a couple of years aswell.

Thanks for the offer to play but at the moment I couldn't commit the time as work eating up a lot of evenings. Gonna try get back playing regularly over the next few months and hopefully play leagues again next year (fingers x).

Best of luck to Racecourse in the leagues!

If you're not interested in committing to playing league snooker, and given you're living in Kildare, Celbridge snooker club hold a flyers competition every Thurs from 8pm. It's a handicapped competition and they will have your handicapp pretty spot on after a couple of weeks. Its good craic with some very good players and excellent tables....Best of luck

Advertisement