Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs V Arsenal Carling Cup

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Arshavin has been decent since coming on, set up both penalties?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

mars bar wrote: »
    Hope it's not serious, cracking player he is.

Is it still 3 1? My stream died. :(

Yes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Lovely goal. ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Arshavin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Yes :)

Liar :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Nice finish from Arshavin! 4-1 :D

Always rated that Arshavin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

taking the piss and having a laugh!
    :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Corcs001 wrote: »
    He has flashes of brilliance every few games but I can't remember a great performance from him since the liverpool game. No real consistency imo.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Surprised some Arsenal fans don't rate Arshavin, think he's quality myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Cracking goal from Arshavin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Get in Sheva, very well taken. That'll shut them up...prolly not actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Corcs001 wrote: »
    He has flashes of brilliance every few games but I can't remember a great performance from him since the liverpool game. No real consistency imo.

I take it all back. Brilliant player! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

We got 3 against Wolves in the last 15 minutes on Saturday.. same again please!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

2 goals and a clearance off the line. MOTM Sami Nasri

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »

Can't understand that myself :p

Are you an Arsenal fan? Not trying to be funny but if you regularly watched him for 90 minutes I don't see how anyone could really rate him that highly. He's the most hot and cold player I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

He makes a great contribution. I don't understand it myself.

"There is a fire drill at White Heart Lane" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Arshavin is the Arsenal version of Berbatov :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No doubting his quality, he just goes missing/too lazy more often than not from what I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I think we do rate him its just he's so fustrating to watch, he'll try a flick to nobody, he'll lose the ball and just stand still, he'll mess up a simple pass and he does this all constantly
    But then he'll smash in 2 goals from nothing and get 2 assists

Think they lost the ball there trying to take the piss out of the fans. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

amacachi wrote: »
    Are you an Arsenal fan? Not trying to be funny but if you regularly watched him for 90 minutes I don't see how anyone could really rate him that highly. He's the most hot and cold player I've ever seen.

Yeah I watch Arsenal quite a bit as they are good to watch and yeah he does go missing at times but what player doesn't?He seems not in the mood sometimes as well. I'm not saying he's world class or anything just think he's got a bit of quality about him, he get's his fair share of goals and assists too.

What's up with all the cramps for Spurs, has Harry put himself in charge of nutrition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

amacachi wrote: »
    What's up with all the cramps for Spurs, has Harry put himself in charge of nutrition?

do. you. moind. 'eees a facking football managa!!!

:pac:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=843&filename=n8qg.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Ah i shouldn't but feck it :pac:

Is that young fella Ben from Eastenders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

The peoples overwhelming choice for england manager field a weakened team, i think not.

Do you reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Not too fussed about the Carling Cup tbh but it always feels good to beat Spurs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

greendom wrote: »
    Not too fussed about the Carling Cup tbh but it always feels good to beat Spurs :D

Arsenal win trophies every year don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

orourkeda wrote: »

They never have, what team does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Emirates Cup......so yea.

They've won the Emirates cup 3 of the last 4 years, worth about the same as the Carling Cup in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

4-1 to The Arsenal :D

Wilshere, take a bow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The Amsterdam Tournament or the Eremites Trophy?, yeah.

This is about as valuable as them.

PS: Sky this wasnt Arsenal's biggest win at the lane, it wasnt even a win, it was a DRAW!

Lets not forget EQUALITY - our ladies have won us many trophies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Lets not forget EQUALITY - our ladies have won us many trophies

Not OUR ladies....implying ownership is not in the spirit of equality.....We call them "the birds".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think the Carling Cup is ideal for resting big names and giving the youngsters a chance. Ensuring a top 4 finish (who knows maybe even winning it) and doing well in the Champions league should always take priority imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Important victory. Hope for a good draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Few observations from an Arsenal poiont of view;

- Keiren Gibbs had an absolute belter of a game. Defensively solid and offensively penetrating. He kept Aaron Lennon so quiet that afaik he was switched to the right of midfield. Should be taking Gael Clichy's plce at this stage.

- Robbie Keane was offside for the equaliser. Just throwing it out there as any fan of the team it went against would. Not a major deal as I do believe over the course of the season these things even themselves out - witness Gary Cahill's sending off versus us. That said what annoyed me more was Gibbs being incorrectly ruled offside in the first half. He was well onside.

- Arsene Wengers selection policy puzzled me greatly - it's not his style to name a half and half team of experience and youth. On reflection I think the reasoning behind it was to avoid at all costs a similar hammering that we got at WHL 3 seasons ago. I wouldn't agree with his selection policy tonight at all - far too many first teamers risked for a nothing cup and for the most part a nothing game. I do hope Gibbs/Rosicky and the rest aren't injured after it.

- Sebastien Bassong is a speed demon. I would really like to have this guy on the books at Arsenal. He's quick, powerful and with a bit of experience and tactical knowhow he will be a top class CB.

- Djourou had an excellent game. For a guy who has been out competitively for almost a year he was sharp and what impressed me most was his 'experience' for want of a better word. His decision making was impeccable and what's more; the lad is a bruiser of a CB.

- Laurent Koscielny is fast turning my head. I wasn't convinced by him but the lad is well on his way to being top class - Spurs had hardly a sniff tonight. He needs a little bit of cop on though as he could well [and should have] walked for taking out Robbie Keane.

- It was a tough game with some hard tackles on both sides. From my own p.o.v. I thought Spurs set out to rough us up and failed. There were a lot of late tackles from their side though we weren't without sin [Lansbury's tackle could have been red with a harsher ref for e.g.] but I felt Spurs were lucky to keep 11 on the pitch.

- Fabianski's distribution is simply shocking. He was also poor for Robbie Keanes goal and apart from that had nothing to do. The sooner he fucks off the better for Arsenal.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Djourou was wobbly. Beaten too easily a couple of times and looked indecisive whenever the ball was dropped in behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Djourou was wobbly. Beaten too easily a couple of times and looked indecisive whenever the ball was dropped in behind him.

I thought he was really good! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Caulker I thought was excellent except for the penalty Bassong was also good don't think that one was a penalty(or at least ridiculously soft) Sandro was a different player second half looked very promising can't believe he's only 21 Bently was terrible at fault for the first goal really and Naughton wasn't up to it.
    Dissapointed to see Palacios come out second half he should of gone off instead of Livermore. Keane was excellent I thought he did everything really well.

Kieran Gibbs was MOTM in my opinion very dissapointing game don't mind going out but it was the fashion we went out that is so dissapointing

• Advertisement

I'm really bored so i did a player rating

Fabianski - 4 - Didnt have to do much but still managed to do it poorly and I have no confidence in him

Eboue - 6- good going forward at times and alright defending bit inconsistant in the match

Djourou - 5 - beaten a lot easily but was alright - not arse quality in my opinion

Kos - 7 - made some good last ditch tackles but looks very weak for a CB

Gibbs - 8 - Really good going forward first half and really good defensively second half - I dont really like him at left back though

Rosicky, Denilson - 5 - both were average and sloppy

Nasri - 6 - played avarage but just back from injury , would have been a 5 but scored twice

Wilshire - 7 - Really dominated first half, quiet second half

H. Lansbury - 6 - nice positioning for the goal but didnt really do much after that

vela - 4 - didnt do anything and looks very weak also

Subs

Arshavin - 5 - again crap but scored so .............

Chamakh - 5 - nice runs

Clichey - 5 - Did alright against a tired crap spurs team

Edit:
    Changed Kos, eboue and the subs. I thought we played really poor second half and it was against a poor Spurs side

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Some terrible ratings there. Not even going to dignify it with my own reasoning, just awful.

Thought Ian Wrights comments about Fabianski were funny, he has wrists like tissues :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well what can I say? Beaten by a better team, or should I say a hungrier team with better technique? Arsenal were well drilled and very in control of the game. They were afforded plenty of time on the ball, particularly in the Spurs half, which is something you can't let happen. Some very poor performances from Spurs players, particularly Bentley, but from an Arsenal POV I thought Gibbs was excellent - with the exception of one opportunity he had Lennon in his pocket, which is no mean feat considering Lennon's pace.

The first penalty cancelled out the poor decision to allow Keane's goal to stand, even if it should never have been a penalty, though I have no complaints over the second penalty.

As everdead mentioned, I didn't mind losing the match, it's the way it was lost which was most disappointing.

Advertisement