Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crann Nua Residents Association AGM

Options
  • 20-09-2010 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Crann Nua Residents Association A.G.M. is on Thursday 23rd September 2010 in Portarlington Community Centre @ 8pm.
    All Residents and Landlords of Crann Nua are welcome to attend. :)

Please pm me if you have any queries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Do you mind me asking, but whats Crann Nua like?

I only ask because we are currently looking to rent a bigger house in Port (in a two bed house at the mo but would like a bigger place) and crann nua seems to have plenty of places to rent.

I know its kind of off topic but figured it was the ideal place to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Won't be able to attend but if you can pm me what was discussed,that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

I'm on lates this week but I've a few questions I'd like to ask here that maybe could be put to the AGM. :

1) The public lighting seems to be dropping like flies. Two lamps at the entrance to our cul-de-sac are out. Three in the cul-de-sac itself are out. It's dangerous, even more so considering our cul-de-sac is the one the trouble was in a few months back

2) Were the residents association made aware of the (alleged) attack on a young boy by a gang a few nights ago on the path outside the estate? it happened (allegedly) down at the bushes opposite mcmahons, again where there is little public lighting.

3) The road and the entrance. What the hell is going on? It's getting ridiculous at this stage. Can the Res Assoc lobby one of the local councillors?

4) Congrats on the sterling work with the grass cutting, fair play. The trees lining the paths however are stupid. Would it not be better to collect them in a couple of points in the different quadrants of grass. Like a collective or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

budhabob wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking, but whats Crann Nua like?

I only ask because we are currently looking to rent a bigger house in Port (in a two bed house at the mo but would like a bigger place) and crann nua seems to have plenty of places to rent.

I know its kind of off topic but figured it was the ideal place to ask.

Friendly estate. Shop opening is a plus. Lots of children. Relatively active residents association.

We're very happy in our cul-de-sac. As far away from the main road as possible. Get on with all our neighbours. Good mix of people, irish, continentals, african, lots of kids. Safe too.

Kingdom wrote: »
    I'm on lates this week but I've a few questions I'd like to ask here that maybe could be put to the AGM. :

1) The public lighting seems to be dropping like flies. Two lamps at the entrance to our cul-de-sac are out. Three in the cul-de-sac itself are out. It's dangerous, even more so considering our cul-de-sac is the one the trouble was in a few months back

2) Were the residents association made aware of the (alleged) attack on a young boy by a gang a few nights ago on the path outside the estate? it happened (allegedly) down at the bushes opposite mcmahons, again where there is little public lighting.

3) The road and the entrance. What the hell is going on? It's getting ridiculous at this stage. Can the Res Assoc lobby one of the local councillors?

4) Congrats on the sterling work with the grass cutting, fair play. The trees lining the paths however are stupid. Would it not be better to collect them in a couple of points in the different quadrants of grass. Like a collective or something.
    agree on everything said here,not in cul de sac but in a nice area at the very end,so don't get to see much going on.Tree's would be nice if they were allowed to grow.
    Also think it won't be long before a child is knocked down as people driving very fast around estate.

• Advertisement

anyone know what was discussed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

I heard the turnout for the meeting was dismal, and that it definitely needs more residents to volunteer, voice their concerns, and just participate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

ILA wrote: »
    I heard the turnout for the meeting was dismal, and that it definitely needs more residents to volunteer, voice their concerns, and just participate.
    :D

Advertisement