Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Moment Of Your Time...

Options
  • 20-09-2010 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hello world,

I'm writing an analysis of the 'PleaseTalk' campaign for my college newspaper with a view to focusing on it's message and how well its getting out there.

It's emerged in Trinity that previous welfare officers have left publicity material worth thousands to sit gathering dust in the underground SU basement so PT is not as big a deal there as it is in UCD (where the PT board seems to consist largely of ex-UCD Welfare officers, as well as current incumbent Scott Ahern).

I'd very much like to hear what you guys know and think about it, if you can spare a moment. All views are welcome. Even if you know little or nothing about the campaign (letting me know would still be a big help). Please.

And thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I assume its a freely available student therapy service? But I honestly have no idea, if I had to guess I'd say group sessions. But possibly its confidential.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LauraLuck

Ive seen the posters for 'Please Talk' all around campus and thought it was a great facility.During orientation we were all encouraged to talk to anyone who can help us and i felt that UCD 'people in charge' showed great care for us newbies,they let us know that there will always be someone to help when/if needed.I think that 'Please Talk' is a phone service?? A number you can call anytime to talk to someone about any problems you may be facing re college or personal issues.
    A must for every college in my opinion.:)

Advertisement