Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best online PC shop in Ireland.

Options
  • 20-09-2010 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi. Could someone recommend please a good reliable shop with computers in Ireland? I suppose its better to buy online and build your own pc then just go to pc world for shopping?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ya id buy online if i where you and id also build it yourself (just built my first a week ago and it was surprisingly easy :)) i spent a fair amount of cash on my pc at pixmania.ie and i have no qualms about referring them to you as their service was top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

www.marxcomputers.ie are physically based in Ireland, and while I haven't used them myself, I have read lots of good stories about them on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

www.marxcomputers.ie are physically based in Ireland, and while I haven't used them myself, I have read lots of good stories about them on boards.ie

Checked out their prices, not a complete and utter total ripoff, but still expensive.

I am still confounded as to why nowhere in Ireland offers a prebuilt quality gaming PC for 500 to 600 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

ive used them there grand for some things and the girl that works there is sound and very helpful :) i would recommend there just beside kavanaghs of marino pub up the side of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

I like Komplett.ie and elara.ie

Komplett seem to be having a lot of trouble lately according to posts but I think their service is top notch. I received an order with items missing and after a phone call I was assured the missing items would be sent out immediately, They should be here tomorrow.

I used dabs.ie a few times once I received an order which was left outside my office nobody signed for it, the box had been opened and a digital camera was missing, the box had been taped up with GLS (the courier) tape. On calling dabs it took over 2 months and constant hassle to get a refund.

As for pixmania I always recommended them until I experienced the most shocking customer service. Ordered a laptop for a friend (Last time I do that).
    Laptop Arrived via dhl so I signed for it, Opened the Shipping box and discovered laptop was the wrong model (about €100 cheaper than my order).
    Phoned them and was told that it would take a week or so to have the laptop collected, then up to 10 days to inspect the product (an unopened box) before a refund could be issued.
    As the laptop was needed urgently for a thesis I organised the return but reordered the laptop along with some Laptop memory for a macbook that I needed.
    On checking the status of the laptop a few days later I discovered the model number I ordered, and had an email confirming it, had been switched with the same model number of the laptop I had still waiting to be collected.
    After contacting them I was told that the one I ordered was a mistake on the website and they didnt have it in stock or wouldnt have it.
    I was given the option of cancelling the return of the laptop I had, and getting a refund of the difference, then declining to accept the delivery of the latest order which had shipped so I couldnt cancel it. As the order was in 2 boxes I was told I could accept the small box laptop memory and decline the large box.
    Thats exactly what I did, then on opening the small box I got a camera case instead of Laptop Memory.
    On calling pixmania they didn't believe me and said they had a picture of the contents of the box before it shipped and it was correct. I informed them that there was a second dhl label under my one but I could only give them half the details as it came off when I peeled my label off.
    After weeks of phone calls I got no refund on he overpriced laptop and ended up with a €76 Camera case that costs about 15 on the site. Even now its hard not too abuse them when talking about the experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

There's also Elara. Good reliable Irish company but a bit expensive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement