Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Watson v Alex Reid - see mod note post 119

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

FOR FU.CK SAKE!!!:mad:

can people please not post spoilers for other events in this thread....some people(MYSELF INCLUDED) have not yet had a chance to wwatch last nights UFC :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Devastator wrote: »
    FOR FU.CK SAKE!!!:mad:

can people please not post spoilers for other events in this thread....some people(MYSELF INCLUDED) have not yet had a chance to wwatch last nights UFC :mad::mad::mad:

Shít. I maybe should have spoilered that post. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

think the full card is being shown on Friday night

well, chordtype has already put your ridiculous percentage arguement to bed.

yeah your obviously right it was rigged so the best fighter could win....as I've already said moronic and not ironic that statement :rolleyes:

I've seen plenty of fights were a fighter has been wobbly and not been finished.....suppose all these fights are rigged too :rolleyes:

rigged can also be defined as:

two fighters told to put on a show or make it goto the distance.
    Watson clearly had chances to put him away but didnt.

The fight was not rigged. Get over it. If it was rigged Reid would have got the decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

I remember the karate guy that beat kimbo before he joined the ufc caused a stir when he said they were both told to keep the fight standing, it's possible both fighters were given a nudge in that direction but unless one of the fighters or someone in the know says so it's pointless to speculate.

_oveless wrote: »
    I remember the karate guy that beat kimbo before he joined the ufc caused a stir when he said they were both told to keep the fight standing, it's possible both fighters were given a nudge in that direction but unless one of the fighters or someone in the know says so it's pointless to speculate.

That was Gary Shaw who did that. Elite Xc needed Kimbo to win every time he fought otherwise they were fúcked. Guess what he lost and where are Elite XC now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

unknown13 wrote: »
    That was Gary Shaw who did that. Elite Xc needed Kimbo to win every time he fought otherwise they were fúcked. Guess what he lost and where are Elite XC now.

It wasn't Kimbo losing that killed Elite Xc. It was Seth Petruzelli saying in an interview that he was paid to keep it standing [whether that was a stupid thing to do or not is your own opinion] which led to an investigation [which they were cleared of IIRC] but the damage was done because CBS dropped them. The loss of CBS was what killed them not Kimbo's loss. They still had Gina, Nick Diaz, Frank and Cung Le so they would have been fine.

Kimbo was their headline fighter though. I remember Dana's video blog shortly after Seth said that. He tore into Gary shaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Kimbo was their headline fighter though. I remember Dana's video blog shortly after Seth said that. He tore into Gary shaw.

They still had plenty of stars so they could have survived and Seth could have made a nice paycheck from the expected rematch.

no point making apologies if you not bothered to edit the post in case anyone else reads it and has the fight ruined.
    LighterGuy wrote: »
    rigged can also be defined as:

two fighters told to put on a show or make it goto the distance.
    Watson clearly had chances to put him away but didnt.

I dunno if yout a mma/ufc fan or not, but I've not seen you post on this forum before....but seriously check out other fights before mkaing wild accusations of fight rigging. Reid has a putty head & is hard to KO, anyone that had seen him fight may already have known that. I don't know whether thats the case for you, but heard enough people that gave never watched a fight in their life(but read the scabloid press/magazines) comment that reid was unlucky.

IMO Watson clearly done enough for comfortable decision
    JohnMc1 wrote: »
    It wasn't Kimbo losing that killed Elite Xc. It was Seth Petruzelli saying in an interview that he was paid to keep it standing [whether that was a stupid thing to do or not is your own opinion] which led to an investigation [which they were cleared of IIRC] but the damage was done because CBS dropped them. The loss of CBS was what killed them not Kimbo's loss. They still had Gina, Nick Diaz, Frank and Cung Le so they would have been fine.

yup.....I never heard seth petruzelli reffered to as a "karate guy" before though......_oveless....who are u on about?

• Advertisement

no point making apologies if you not bothered to edit the post in case anyone else reads it and has the fight ruined.
    Do you know what I actually couldnt really care what you say now. I use the spoiler function more than anyone on this forum and the only time I forget to use it (even though it was a mild spoiler) you give out. Cop on Devastator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

I dunno if yout a mma/ufc fan or not, but I've not seen you post on this forum before....but seriously check out other fights before mkaing wild accusations of fight rigging. Reid has a putty head & is hard to KO, anyone that had seen him fight may already have known that. I don't know whether thats the case for you, but heard enough people that gave never watched a fight in their life(but read the scabloid press/magazines) comment that reid was unlucky.

IMO Watson clearly done enough for comfortable decision

Nothing wild about suggesting that both guys were told to make it the fight interesting via keeping it standing etc..

BAMMA 4 need there popularity to grow, therefore an interesting fight between 2 guys resulting in a rematch would be the perfect thing. Smaller organisations need popularity and a grappling match does nothing for the ordinary fan.

Although we would all love to believe that MMA is a very honourable sport with minimal juicers and match-fixing the stark reality is that these are alot more common than the "die hard" fan thinks.

Do you know what I actually couldnt really care what you say now. I use the spoiler function more than anyone on this forum and the only time I forget to use it (even though it was a mild spoiler) you give out. Cop on Devastator.

I think thats obvious....seen as you consider it important in the UFC 119 thread(THAT HAS SPOILER IN THE TITLE) to tag the pre lim fights but don;t bother your arse in other threads....very considerate even if you did genuinily forget you could still edit it...but thats wouldn't be considerate enough you have to put it back on me.... :rolleyes:
    TheProdigy wrote: »
    Nothing wild about suggesting that both guys were told to make it the fight interesting via keeping it standing etc..

BAMMA 4 need there popularity to grow, therefore an interesting fight between 2 guys resulting in a rematch would be the perfect thing. Smaller organisations need popularity and a grappling match does nothing for the ordinary fan.

Although we would all love to believe that MMA is a very honourable sport with minimal juicers and match-fixing the stark reality is that these are alot more common than the "die hard" fan thinks.

I do agree in principle to what your point is(or what I think your point is), but what good would it do for BAMMA or anyone else if Reid lost by any other way. You may have a small amount of scabloid readers that would tune in for the next fight, but IMO anyone with any fighting knowledge(MMA or otherwise) would not be in the slightest bit bothered if there was another fight.

End of the day, bravo can build it up all they want, it will never make the expectations they are trying to build....and after the other night joe bloggs who only reads the daily star will prbably not give a f**k either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

yup.....I never heard seth petruzelli reffered to as a "karate guy" before though......_oveless....who are u on about?

That's how I heard him referred to I just couldn't remember his name,and according to his ufc profile he's an american and world karate champ. Anyways my point was that while Reid and Watson's fight definitely wasn't rigged i might have been similarly influenced like kimbo/petruzelli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭viper.10

im honestly surprised alex went the distance although he was well fu*ked at the end of the fight im surprised he lasted considering how long its been since he was in the cage. you can train all you want but theres nothing like the real thing on a regular basis to get you "fight fit"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

You are the one that needs to cop on here. You don't care that you will spoil a fight for some people who have not seen it.

And it still sits there without spoilers :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭viper.10

BAMMA 5 TRIPLE THREAT MATCH Devastator v Unknown 13 v Minstrel27

Ok. A few things.

Regarding spoilers. This is a grey area. Realistically one could say that if you don't want an event spoiled then stay off the net until you've watched it. However, we have specific threads, and we have spoilers in the thread title. Can posters please use common sense from here on in when talking about recent events. I intend to address this in the next few events threads.

Secondly, If you don't like a post....REPORT IT AND THEN LEAVE IT AT THAT UNTIL A MOD HAS TIME TO REVIEW AND ADDRESS IT. This has been mentioned several times. Nobody enjoys reading the flamewars that come from other posters back seat modding.

Whilst I understand posters aggravation, please use the report post function and stop trying to back seat mod. Posters need to realise that they are not mods and the way certain posters talk down to people on these matters rubs people the wrong way, so please use the report post function or PM myself, cowzerp or dunkamania and we will happily oblige you if there is a problem.

We're merely trying to keep up the good vibes this forum has had in the past few months.

Thanks guys.

_oveless wrote: »
    That's how I heard him referred to I just couldn't remember his name,and according to his ufc profile he's an american and world karate champ. Anyways my point was that while Reid and Watson's fight definitely wasn't rigged i might have been similarly influenced like kimbo/petruzelli.

fair enough.
    I've never read his profile btw, and didn't know he was a karate champ.

Neil - I really don't see why anyone should stay off the net until they watch an event. I avoided going onto MMA newsites yesterday and I avoided the UFC 119 thread that you've already said has spoilers in title. That should be sufficient. I would never have expected to come into a completely unrelated thread and had a fight spoiled from a different event.

In terms of not reporting it, simple reason why I didn't is because the poster was online so very simply could have went in and edited it so others would not suffer the misfortune that I had in having this fight spoiled.

back seat mod? :confused: Absolutly have no intentions of trying to mod this(or any) forum. I was trying to point out the bad form shown by a poster and giving him a chance to redeem himseld by editing it.

Your right, has been good mood on here recently, which is exactly why I didn't expect anyone to post spoilers and then get arsey when they're called on it

Turns out the spoiler was even more of a kick in the balls after the fight in question turned out to be the only decent scrap on the UFC card....typical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Advertisement