Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www migration and DNS servers refreshing

Options
  • 20-09-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Recent migration from hosting365 to register365 - new mails work brilliant, but there is a week time since www server changed (82.195... -> 79.140..) and domain is still pointing old IP? I called register365 asking why and they said that this is DNS servers issue. How much time we need to wait to get it sorted? At the moment we update both hosted www's but it annoying..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

If you post the domain name then someone can probably tell you exactly what you need to do. It sounds like you haven't amended your DNS settings properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

register365 (Namesco) is host provider and they consider to sort everything out. They ask only to check if everything was migrated (copied) correctly, and did not ask for and DNS operation by us. I understand that what we are waiting for is DNS propagation and according to register365 www it should take 72 hours (so its like 96h. already):

http://www.register365.com/knowledge/hosting/929-what_is_dns_propagation_and_why_does_it_take_so_long.html

is there and way to speed it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

zom wrote: »
    is there and way to speed it up?

Hard to say how long it should take for a particular domain without any details.

bhickey - I don't feel entitled to publicise company's www problems.
    Anyway, hopefully it will be sorted soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Register365 have an admin interface where you have to config yer own DNS setup.

https://admin.register365.com/login.php?uri=%2F

As far as I know, they won't do it for you. Per their DNS refresh - they do it twice a day according to their FAQ. It's been a while since I checked to see that, but it can be found on the admin control panel as well.

I have a dozen or so domains registered with them. They are good to work with, but as I said, you will probably have to config the DNS yerself via the CP. Check the NS records and see if the name servers have moved over to the reg365 servers - they should be listed as:

ns0.reg365.net
    ns1.reg365.net
    ns2.reg365.net

If they are, log on to the CP and create/update the DNS info yerself and yer site will be online in 12 hours.

• Advertisement

I can't really find any logs/records at Control Panel.
    In "DNS Administration" there are 2 options:

"Zones on Account - Add/Modify Zones" - there are some strange Template to choose and other options I can't even googled any info...

"DNS Templates - Add/Modify Template" - the same...

Could you please describe more specific way what should I do?
    Or I rather call them tomorrow and ask for some action..

problem solved (itself). 6 days after migration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Good to hear it got sorted.

Just in case anyone else finds this thread...

To answer your question you have to add a new zone. You then have to add in the names of the servers you have.

You have to set your A records and CName records so they point to where you need. Same goes for the MX records, depending on where your mail is being hosted.

(i.e. set your first A rec to point to your default IP, then setup a CName rec to point WWW to the A rec)

-S

Advertisement