Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at new schools

Options
  • 20-09-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

Can Parents not drive into the school grounds to collect their children?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

yes footpaths, gateways, stopping on the road & letting kids out while holding up all the traffice & my personal favourite - stopping while going around the roundabout to let the kids out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

Its a residential area and all the homes were there before the schools and in my opinion homeowners should not have to put up with any hassel that the schools may cause.

In the morning it hard to get out of our estate with parents parking on foot paths blocking the exit with their parking and was already said parking on the roundabout blocking any view of oncoming cars.

I think its more than just a few kids between pupils and teachers there must be close to 800 people using the two schools. (open to correction am guessing here)

Complain to the schools about no parking facilities. Complain to the council, they approved the planning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

cpb wrote: »
    Its a residential area and all the homes were there before the schools and in my opinion homeowners should not have to put up with any hassel that the schools may cause.

In the morning it hard to get out of our estate with parents parking on foot paths blocking the exit with their parking and was already said parking on the roundabout blocking any view of oncoming cars.

I think its more than just a few kids between pupils and teachers there must be close to 800 people using the two schools. (open to correction am guessing here)

Complain to the schools about no parking facilities. Complain to the council, they approved the planning

Exactly. The lack of infrastructure to support a school in that area is crazy. The road is not of sufficient size to hold the volume of traffic that's being expected on it, and they Council have yet to fully deliver their committments on Colliers Lane.

There's no right to park or obstruct a public footpath, actually you can be fined and/or towed for it in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

You said it was the Gardai first, and now you're saying the Council approves this situation. I'd like to know where in the Council you heard that?

There's nothing illegal about putting up no parking notices, obviously if you are on public land then you are under no obligation to heed them. You have to see where the Residents are coming from, the area has been quiet for time immemorial and now there's upwards of 500 people trying to access the area using a variety of means. I know I'd be pretty pissed if I was living there.

Advertisement