Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two hosts for one website??

Options
  • 20-09-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

I paid for web hosting and got a holding page set up at short notice. It is possible for me to build my own website using their drag n' drop facility or I can upload my completed website directly.

Recently I have found a different site which will allow me to build my own website (lots of drag n' drop etc) and who will host this website for free.

My question is -- can I have the same website hosted by both?
    Does it make any difference or cause any problems? or is it an advantage (as they both offer google ads etc)???

P.S as you may have gathered I'm clueless in this area :o

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

If you host the website on both, then you need 2 domain names.I wouldnt recommend you to use both especially if you have the same content on both because google will penalise you.Use only one, the one you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭AMPSound

What are your reasons for wanting both?

If you are getting 2 domains, just park the second one on your paid host.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I paid for web hosting and got a holding page set up at short notice. It is possible for me to build my own website using their drag n' drop facility or I can upload my completed website directly.

Yes to both I assume.
    Recently I have found a different site which will allow me to build my own website (lots of drag n' drop etc) and who will host this website for free.
    If it's free then there's probably a reason .. ..
    My question is -- can I have the same website hosted by both?
    No

If you have domain1.com and domain2.com then you can put one in one place and the other somewhere else.. But you probably only have one, so you can't have it in two places at once

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

AMPSound wrote: »
    What are your reasons for wanting both?

If you are getting 2 domains, just park the second one on your paid host.

I dont particularly want both. As I said I already have a holding page with one hosting provider which I am paying for.

We (the wife:rolleyes: ) decided to create the website with a different provider because it was a more suitable template for our product.

Hence my original questions.
    I only have / want one website, preferably with the crowd I am paying to host it.
    Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

I would use the paid host and install joomla, wordpress or drupal.Its much easier for you if you dont know html,css or php.

• Advertisement
Advertisement