Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Home Package - BB & Phone (+TV maybe)

• 20-09-2010 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Like everyone, I'm trying to get the best option and the best value for money.

Landline
    I am an Eircom landline customer.
    I'm in an area which does NOT have broadband enabled in the phone line, and from speaking to Eircom, will NOT be upgraded anytime in the near future (rural area) All calls package = approx 45 / month.

Mobile
    Both myself and my wife have Vodafone mobiles, and most of our friends are vodafone, so happy to stay with them.

Broadband
    Vodafone coverage when we moved into the house approx 2 years ago was not great, so I have 02 mobile broadband, dongle that plugs into one USB computer. Quite slow, ok to read emails, but incredibly slow to view youtube etc. Cost = 19.99 / month.

TV
    With Sky +
    In rural area, therefore not on cable, but use a satellite dish
    Sky +, second box ~ 60 / month.

Require
    1) Broadband wireless modem/router, to allow 3-4 computers / laptops connect to the internet - must have decent range - and fast speeds
    2) Prefer to have a bundle - home phone with the BB
    3) My satellite dish is with Sky, can I move to someone like UPC and they use the same dish, and can they offer a BB / Phone / TV package through the satellite????

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Doesn't like you can do anything really if you are in not in coverage with UPC/Magnet/DSL.

Advertisement