Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland going downhill....rapid

Options
  • 20-09-2010 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Have to say it folks, its going downhill rapid here...ive been living here since the outset and literally everyday its getting worse - as I speak to you there is some little thug booting his ball as hard as he can againt the' protective' fence around the trees and doing drop kicks at the other trees...oh and after some x rated row another scumbag has just skidded off in his car - luckily my children arent playing in the street...oh and what this...kicking balls against cars now - nice to see respnsible parents letting kides out till half nice also....glad im getting outta here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Have to say it folks, its going downhill rapid here...ive been living here since the outset and literally everyday its getting worse - as I speak to you there is some little thug booting his ball as hard as he can againt the' protective' fence around the trees and doing drop kicks at the other trees...oh and after some x rated row another scumbag has just skidded off in his car - luckily my children arent playing in the street...oh and what this...kicking balls against cars now - nice to see respnsible parents letting kides out till half nice also....glad im getting outta here

missing you already:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

One child being a brat does not equate to your statement. Good luck on your travels.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

maybe you could be proactive in stopping kids doing these things you're describing. They're kids, they probably half expect to be told to get of the trees or stop kicking balls at cars etc. If nobody does then the place will actually go downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Hi OP!

Have to say, I don't agree with your statement. Besides the X-rated argument with the subsequent skidding, the ball kicking sounds like normal kids to me.

How great it is that our kids can play football outside together, even if it seems a bit rough, instead of them hanging out drinking cans or doing knick-knacks - or alternatively sitting inside watching telly or stuck in front of their computers.

Maybe where your house is situated, there are a few bored teenagers, and they express themselves in outward ways, but it definitely does not apply to the whole of Charlesland. However, in a community is it up to everyone to lend a hand in it's running (as was mentioned above to an extent, about kids needing guidance)

About the parental responsibility - Irish folks have been letting their kids out in the evenings for donkeys years! How does it contribute to letting a neighborhood go downhill?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 coolhandd

Yeah its the ghetto. I dodged a drive by the other day. OP you need to go visit the Westside or something and you'll really see downhill. Its really nice in Charlesland and is a good quiet place to live. The most trouble I have is the orange cat who fights with my cat that's how easy the place is. Maybe your other thread has you a bit bitter:

"Hi folks
    Does anyone know the true state of rental in Charlesland - We are looking to rent out our duplex, and wondered if the demand is any good - looking on Daft etc all Charlesland rental property seems to be let agreed - is this true, rental seems popular here in Charlesland? luckily we have the oppurtunity to go live with parents as we are all unemployed here currently - so we cant pay mortgage and moratoriums are now nearly impossible to get! rather than lose the place, it seems right to rent in the hope we can pay arrears etc and hold onto the asset."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

''Been spendin' most our lives, livin' in a ganstas paridise''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

coolhandd wrote: »
    Yeah its the ghetto. I dodged a drive by the other day. OP you need to go visit the Westside or something and you'll really see downhill. Its really nice in Charlesland and is a good quiet place to live. The most trouble I have is the orange cat who fights with my cat that's how easy the place is. Maybe your other thread has you a bit bitter:

"Hi folks
    Does anyone know the true state of rental in Charlesland - We are looking to rent out our duplex, and wondered if the demand is any good - looking on Daft etc all Charlesland rental property seems to be let agreed - is this true, rental seems popular here in Charlesland? luckily we have the oppurtunity to go live with parents as we are all unemployed here currently - so we cant pay mortgage and moratoriums are now nearly impossible to get! rather than lose the place, it seems right to rent in the hope we can pay arrears etc and hold onto the asset."

Ho ho ho... pwned :)

coolhandd wrote: »

"Hi folks

i for one don't take any pleasure in that rumble,then again i wouldn't have posted such info on the net,

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Ah come on OP...like somebody else hinted, I think you need to put that in perspective (compared even to other estates close to home)...You'll see kids do that from Blackrock to Ballmun! :) The difference in Charlesland is that if I saw it, I'd let rip into him....wouldn't be so brave in Ballymun :). Seriously though, would you not have said something instead of peering out through the blinds and then running to the laptop to write a strongly worded rant on a discussion forum?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

So OP, if I was interested in renting your place and called around for a view and asked about the area, would you tell me all these stories? :)

Kids kicking balls around happens in most estates in Ireland.
    And cars will get hit so go outside and do something about it.
    Curtain twitching won't solve it I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

19809_a_crucible.jpg

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

dear oh dear!! All defensive of charlesland here folks?! I ws only making a visual point as I was looking out my window - and I tel you now, life on the Grove HAS gone downhill in the last year - ive been here since day 1 as for people goijng and finding older threads ive posted all a bit weird...big brother is watching?!.
    im crtainly not leaving for thse reasons - im leving for a lot ore relevant personal circumstances so the linking of both is totally bonkers.
    And I tel you now - any of you out there that would be happy listening to the idiots who are screaming at each other all night long skidding off in the cars all hours with no consideration for others then our welcome to it!

Maybe Im seeing some of the scum bags Wineman mentioned in his thread about his bike being nicked and thugs tearing round charlesland..And feelinstresed - those comments are totally irrelevant to my post regarding rental and noce of your busines!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

None of our business, but still, posted here for all too see.

Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭skelly22

If kids playing football on the green is the worst we have to contend with then we're doing ok. My kids play football on that green and they're good kids - not little thugs - and I'm a responsible parent. It's wrong to downgrade a whole neighbourhood just because one boyracer decides to put the foot to the floor. Hope you find what you're looking for on your travels.

Which green are we talking about now? If in the Grove, is it the one by superquinn? I thought only young kids play football there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

only my opinion folks...
    we'll see in a few years how it all pans out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Moved into Seabourne apartment three years ago and both my missus and I commented on the fact that Charlesland will be a ghetto within ten years.

The small alleyways, lack of parking, cramped houses, declining house prices, number of social welfare renters and its proximity to the biggest gansters in Greystones all signal its impending decline.

Thankfully we moved out of the estate some months back...

While looking at houses our Estate Agent asked us to view a few in Charlesland, which we did out of curiosity... very entertaining to hear sellers telling us what a quaint little estate it is as people rowed outside over parking.

No amount of negative equity home owners upbeat marketing can improve the reputation...

Charlesland is the new Kenmare.

Moved into Seabourne apartment three years ago and both my missus and I commented on the fact that Charlesland will be a ghetto within ten years.

The small alleyways, lack of parking, cramped houses, declining house prices, number of social welfare renters and its proximity to the biggest gansters in Greystones all signal its impending decline.

While looking at houses our Estate Agent asked us to view a few in Charlesland, which we did out of curiosity... very entertaining to hear sellers telling us what a quaint little estate it is as people rowed outside over parking.

No amount of negative equity home owners upbeat marketing can improve the reputation...

that's unfair as Kenmare golf club is far superior

You mean Kenmare in Kerry? Is Kenmare dodgy?

Kenmare Heights Greystones.

• Advertisement

Oh.. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Despite having a thread about the wheels on my bike being stolen I totally disagree with that pile of tripe you have to say about where I live. Charlesland in general is full of hard working people trying to pay their mortgages, raise their families and get on with their lives, I should know, I actually live here. BTW the contempt in your post stinks, why don't you take your bitterness someplace else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

Jesus! I must be living in a total different Charlesland!

We have lovely neighbours, the children are free and safe to play outside, there is loads of space for cars to park, no noise at night etc etc.

At this moment, with two young children I wouldn't live any where else in Greystones. There is a snob factor about "the village" that i don't actually like and is definetly not worth paying for in the height of the boom or even now, its still way over priced.

What's negative equity got to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Wait a sec. You went out of your way to waste other peoples' time, not to mention your own, in order to have a condescending snigger to, what, amuse yourself with?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Blandpebbles

You seem to be confused. The right wing rant thread is elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

I've been living in Charlesland for over 2 years and I love it. I have really nice neighbours and I haven't had any problems so far. I don't have any children yet but I wouldn't have any issues with bringing a child up in Charlesland.

I haven't had any problems with parking either even when both me and my husband had a car.

Now now all this rowing over the decline of Charlesland and the bad element doesn't help this chap fix his bike...

Wineman wrote: »
    Despite having a thread about the wheels on my bike being stolen I totally disagree with that pile of tripe you have to say about where I live. Charlesland in general is full of hard working people trying to pay their mortgages, raise their families and get on with their lives, I should know, I actually live here. BTW the contempt in your post stinks, why don't you take your bitterness someplace else?
    +1

Now now all this rowing over the decline of Charlesland and the bad element doesn't help this chap fix his bike...
    Well you brought up all the other bitter tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Now now all this rowing over the decline of Charlesland and the bad element doesn't help this chap fix his bike...[/QUOTE

No one is rowing; you are being inflammatory. You also seem to have been living in a different place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement