Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N17 Claregalway traffic lights

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Western501 wrote: »
    I presume that reduction in traffic over the past few morning is as a result of some people feeling comfortable reverting back to the sideroads/rat runs?

No they have definitely done something to the lights, they are staying green longer for the N17 traffic. This morning I noticed a huge improvement. It only took our genius friends in the council 2 months to sort out...suppose that's good for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Two weeks and we're looking good.

Off course the tailback has to be somewhere and that's Two Mile Ditch (Castlegar). Off course if you work in Parkmore, your sorted, no traffic and since alot of the claregalway traffic parted ways to oranmore and parkmore the tailback at Two Mile Ditch is'nt as bad.

Still though, get that sorted and it all looks good (this side of the city).

Two weeks and we're looking good.

Off course the tailback has to be somewhere and that's Two Mile Ditch (Castlegar). Off course if you work in Parkmore, your sorted, no traffic and since alot of the claregalway traffic parted ways to oranmore and parkmore the tailback at Two Mile Ditch is'nt as bad.

Still though, get that sorted and it all looks good (this side of the city).

Spoke too early.. 3 weeks of not traffic jams in claregalway and we're back to them again this week.. someone closer to the city must have been talking to the city council about the traffic jam in Two Mile Ditch !!

Please use this link to provide your comments to GalwayCoCo.

http://www.galway.ie/Comments/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Spoke too early.. 3 weeks of not traffic jams in claregalway and we're back to them again this week.. someone closer to the city must have been talking to the city council about the traffic jam in Two Mile Ditch !!

Wouldn't say it was traffic jam yesterday morning, was moving along alright. Nothing like before.

This morning was a breeze :)

• Advertisement

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Wouldn't say it was traffic jam yesterday morning, was moving along alright. Nothing like before.

This morning was a breeze :)

Really..

I was blocked up to the N63 junction at about 830am (every mornin this week).

Came into claregalway, from the petrol station to the lights it went through 3 stop/starts. I counted the first groups of cars with 8 cars through, then red and the second group was 9 cars through and then me, so did'nt make any sense to have that. Last couple of weeks it was clearing from the lights back to the claregwalway hotel at each change and we had no issues !!

Really..

I was blocked up to the N63 junction at about 830am (every mornin this week).

Came into claregalway, from the petrol station to the lights it went through 3 stop/starts. I counted the first groups of cars with 8 cars through, then red and the second group was 9 cars through and then me, so did'nt make any sense to have that. Last couple of weeks it was clearing from the lights back to the claregwalway hotel at each change and we had no issues !!

Ah, It'd be around 7:30am mark I be passing thru'.

Ah, It'd be around 7:30am mark I be passing thru'.

How you finding the traffic now in the mornings ?

As far as I can see there has been attempts to change this and its just abcking up the N17. Why they did this I dont know but I've been enable to get any response from the council offices. Maybe now the election is over some pressure might be put on them to sort out queries.

How you finding the traffic now in the mornings ?

As far as I can see there has been attempts to change this and its just abcking up the N17. Why they did this I dont know but I've been enable to get any response from the council offices. Maybe now the election is over some pressure might be put on them to sort out queries.

Finding it fine. Usually goin' thru' the lights 7:30-7:45am. What time do you go thru'?

Finding it fine. Usually goin' thru' the lights 7:30-7:45am. What time do you go thru'?

Varies slightly but 8:15am to 8:45am. The new bridge is'nt going to help it but could be an endless rant here once that starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

I passed through this morning at an unusual time just before 12 o clock. Wouldn't usually be there at this time but it made me notice something, the lights were red when i got to them (heading towards tuam), i was there about 3 seconds before they turned green. Just as i was taking off again i noticed 3 cars pull up together behind the red light coming from caranmore. Within seconds my green light had gone orange and was red nearly before i had crossed the junction. There was no traffic behind me on the N17 or on the way to galway. I found it very strange, it definitely was not the usual light sequence.
    I just wondered had they now some way of monitoring traffic at the junction now so as the lights are working on traffic volume now?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Noticed something similar to previous poster. I hit the lights at 7.30 ish most mornings and they stay on green for a considerable amount of time which results in damn all of a tailback going through the village towards Galway. But on Thursdays I hit them at around the 10 o clock mark and they stay on green for a much shorter time so there must be be synchonised between early morning and mid morning. It is really weird.

Advertisement