Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of switching to UPC????

• 20-09-2010 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I'm thinking switching to UPC because my 24mb bt/vodafone as you can see below I'm not getting anywhere near it. When i first got it i was on 17 that was fine then 12,8 now under 5mb which is a pain in the ass also it disconnects. It used to be perfect but the last few months it's crap.

I'm wondering is UPC any good will i get the full 30mb anyone ever have big trouble with them

961206384.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

nani17 wrote: »
    I'm thinking switching to UPC because my 24mb bt/vodafone as you can see below I'm not getting anywhere near it. When i first got it i was on 17 that was fine then 12,8 now under 5mb which is a pain in the ass also it disconnects. It used to be perfect but the last few months it's crap.

I'm wondering is UPC any good will i get the full 30mb anyone ever have big trouble with them

961206384.png

Have u tried the Dublin server at a cause I always get bad readings on the limerick one.

I switched to UPC 2 weeks ago and havent looked backed yet. The installation was very neat and took about 1 hour. TV service is different (I have had Sky past 10 years so takes a bit of getting used to UPC). I find the UPC DVR box is quite slow to enter guide and you have to be quick entering a channel number or your will automatically switched to channel number 100 (Which is VERY annoying!!, its UPC info channel btw)

The broadband is great! The speed is normally 14+Mbps (I'm on 15Mb) Will post a speedtest soon currently connected to my old Eircom still as cant cancel until I port number over for phone.

The phone service is also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭nani17

I won't be getting the Tv package or the phone package.

@ KennyLegend no need to check mate it just sucks lol

@LaughingJoker91

Is it superfast like does it have to build up or does it does hit 14 while downloading.

It all depends on the site your downloading from.

Speedtest:
    961235377.png

I havent downloaded much yet so I dont know whats it like. Its good for streaming youtube ect.

13 not bad i wouldn't mind if i was 27mb

Rapidshare megaupload are key

• Advertisement

I won't be getting the Tv package or the phone package.

@ KennyLegend no need to check mate it just sucks lol

See for yourself. Im on 30Mb UPC.

961249305.png

Upload slow tonight..normally nearer to 3Mb. This was taken within 2 mins of the above test...juyst different servers !!

961252901.png

See for yourself. Im on 30Mb UPC.

961249305.png

that's not good not good at all maybe it'st the area your in. My brother has it but he know f all as long as he can google he's fine.

that's not good not good at all maybe it'st the area your in. My brother has it but he know f all as long as he can google he's fine.
    Check my edit above;)

Check my edit above;)

how come it changed

drooling-homer.gif

how come it changed

drooling-homer.gif

it didnt smartarse....as i said you get different readings if you pick different servers. Look at both readings a bit closer !!!!Did you read anything i wrote?

heres one i just did now again.
    961256968.png

Bottom line is...with UPC you DO get what ur supposed to.

• Advertisement

i wasn't being a smartass jesus i just assumed you posted the 10mb as a joke and then went BOOM bitch only joking it's 30mb

i wasn't being a smartass jesus i just assumed you posted the 10mb as a joke and then went BOOM bitch only joking it's 30mb

Lol:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Look at my terrible speed on my 30mb conection, talk about stone age broadband speed! ;)

961305307.png

They do know there's a problem here and have credited my account a months free broadband and the date for the work to be complete is Oct 11th. Thats about as bad as it gets :P

I'd say you should switch to UPC and keep your sky :)

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Look at my terrible speed on my 30mb conection, talk about stone age broadband speed! ;)

961305307.png

They do know there's a problem here and have credited my account a months free broadband and the date for the work to be complete is Oct 11th. Thats about as bad as it gets :P

I'd say you should switch to UPC and keep your sky :)

Yeah it sounds like it's really good

Advertisement