Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime Prevention and Personal Safety Meeting/Presentation - Balbriggan

Options
  • 20-09-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

In an attempt to reach as wide an audience as possible i am posting notice of this upcoming public meeting.....

As part of the national An Garda Síochána’s Community Safety Week which is taking place from the 20th to the 26th of September 2010, Balbriggan Community Policing Unit have organised for a public meeting to be held in Balbriggan Town Hall on Wednesday the 22nd of September 2010 from 7-9pm. This meeting is open to anyone and everyone, and the topic of the meeting will be Crime Prevention and Personal Safety. A special guest speaker, Sergeant Peter Smith, will be giving the talk. He is the Regional Crime Prevention Officer of An Garda Síochána. In an attempt to prevent burglaries and reduce crime in the Balbriggan area, it is hoped that as many people will attend as possible. Further information can be obtained by contacting Garda Kate Brennan in Balbriggan Garda Station on 01-8020510

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

kjbsrah1 wrote: »
    In an attempt to reach as wide an audience as possible i am posting notice of this upcoming public meeting.....

As part of the national An Garda Síochána’s Community Safety Week which is taking place from the 20th to the 26th of September 2010, Balbriggan Community Policing Unit have organised for a public meeting to be held in Balbriggan Town Hall on Wednesday the 22nd of September 2010 from 7-9pm. This meeting is open to anyone and everyone, and the topic of the meeting will be Crime Prevention and Personal Safety. A special guest speaker, Sergeant Peter Smith, will be giving the talk. He is the Regional Crime Prevention Officer of An Garda Síochána. In an attempt to prevent burglaries and reduce crime in the Balbriggan area, it is hoped that as many people will attend as possible. Further information can be obtained by contacting Garda Kate Brennan in Balbriggan Garda Station on 01-8020510

Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest in this meeting. Unfortunately not one person came to the meeting, so back to the drawing board for ideas on how to inform people about their home, personal and vehicle safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Did you advertise anywhere apart from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Not that I'm aware of…

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I saw some A4 posters up in the train station. Bear in mind the weather was the absolute pits yesterday, maybe that had something to do with it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That sucks:(
    If I still lived there I would have gone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Hi - Put up over 50 posters around Balbriggan, advertised on Boards.ie, Balbriggan.net, Balbriggan.info, the Garristown local website, and the Ballyboughal local website. Spoke to loads of people who said they would be there but i know people have other things going on, and yes the weather did not help. Going forward, i think localising the meetings/gatherings would be better. For example meet in the Balrothery Inn for Ardgillen Estate, The Chantries, Balruddery Woods/Fields, etc. Thats what will happen. Also a bit better advertising would be good - The local free paper, the Fingal Independent, and the Church Newsletter. Balbriggan is being fleeced with burglaries and there has been loads of cars broken into over the past short while, that Crime Prevention is a topic that everyone needs to pay attention to.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, and for the interest. I'll post any further meetings details here as well as other websites.

I would have gone cept I was elsewhere last night. The weather may have played a huge part in the nonattendance.

Advertisement