Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime Prevention and Personal Safety Meeting - Skerries

Options
  • 20-09-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

In an attempt to reach as wide an audience as possible i am posting notice of this upcoming public meeting.....

As part of the national An Garda Síochána’s Community Safety Week which is taking place from the 20th to the 26th of September 2010, Balbriggan Community Policing Unit have organised for a public meeting to be held in Skerries Community Centre on Thursday 23rd September 2010 from 7-9pm. This meeting is open to anyone and everyone, and the topic of the meeting will be Crime Prevention and Personal Safety. A special guest speaker, Sergeant Peter Smith, will be giving the talk. He is the Regional Crime Prevention Officer of An Garda Síochána. In an attempt to prevent burglaries and reduce crime in the Balbriggan area, it is hoped that as many people will attend as possible. Further information can be obtained by contacting Garda Kate Brennan in Balbriggan Garda Station on 01-8020510

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I know asking this question might get me banned as it verges on humour, but is their a reason why a crime prevention meeting organised to reduce crime in Balbriggan is been held in Skerries? Thanks in advanced if I am not here later to thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

AFAIK - The Balbriggan Community Policing Unit also covers the Skerries area. When the OP says "In an attempt to prevent burglaries and reduce crime in the Balbriggan area", I'd imagine that they are referring to the area under the responsibility of Balbriggan Gardaí from a community policing perspective.

I may be wrong though. It may have been a copy/paste error from this thread with 'Balbriggan' not being replaced with 'Skerries'.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Hi - The Balbriggan 'Area' or 'District' covers Balbriggan, Skerries, Lusk, Rush, Garristown, Naul, Ballyboughal, Oldtown, and everywhere in between. Both meetings will be basically the same but just in the two different venues. Sorry if the post caused confusion, but thanks for the interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Hi - Unfortunately, as with the Balbriggan Meeting, not one person turned up to this meeting either. Admittedly it was not as well advertised as the Balbriggan meeting, but i understand that local Gardaí in Skerries were approached by members of the public showing their support for the meeting, showing that the message was getting out there. Having said that, there was a festival in Skerries this evening which may account for the bad turnout.

That said, as in Balbriggan, the focus will be more localised. Particular areas of the Town go through periods of instances of burglaries, and especially 'distraction burglaries'. Any further meetings will be advertised here as well as the local Skerries Community Website.

Advertisement