Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to dub,can i switch dole

• 20-09-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

I am moving to Dublin to search for work,can i collect my dole in dub now instead of down the country?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I'm also curious about this, I'm sure there is some provision for moving house for whatever reason but I couldn't seem to find anything on welfare.ie. I've shot them off an email enquiring but just wondering if anyone here has any experience of if it is possible and what has to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

You need to contact your current Local office. Let them know you are moving, and where you are moving too.

They should tell you what to do next. Which should be too go into the correct local office for your new address.

There might be a small delay as you are switched between offices, but if you talk to people in both offfices that delay should be limited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

cruizer101 wrote: »
    I'm also curious about this, I'm sure there is some provision for moving house for whatever reason but I couldn't seem to find anything on welfare.ie. I've shot them off an email enquiring but just wondering if anyone here has any experience of if it is possible and what has to be done.

If you are moving somewhere that has the same Local office then there are no real issues. You need to provide them with proof of your new address. if you are moving outside the area of your local office, then you will need to do some small work to change offices.

Advertisement