Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions Please

Options
  • 20-09-2010 11:03pm

I would like people's opinions on something quite strange that happened to me last night/this morning.

Woke up at about 8:00am feeling somewhat groggy and when I had gotten out of bed I noticed that my wallet and my keys were on the ground. Fine, I thought, they must have fallen off my bed when I had rolled over during the night. It was only when I bent to pick up my keys that I noticed that most of them were missing! I looked on my bed and, right where I had left my keys originally, were the rest of my keyrings.

Checked the links, none were severed, so it's extremely unlikely they came apart when I must have rolled over (if I did, I don't know).

I finally thought I could be living somewhere that was free of ghostly experiences. Is there a chance that it is me that is haunted and, if so, is there any way to confirm this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

not being funny but had you had something to drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Its very possible that you did it in your sleep, a lot of people are known to do things in their sleep without any recollection of what they did, if this is something that your concerned about maybe think back through your life, did you ever sleep walk, ask family members if they ever saw you sleep walk or do other things in your sleep. Might be as simple as that I'm afraid.

stepdoyle wrote: »
    not being funny but had you had something to drink?

Not in the slightest.
    Ziycon wrote: »
    Its very possible that you did it in your sleep, a lot of people are known to do things in their sleep without any recollection of what they did, if this is something that your concerned about maybe think back through your life, did you ever sleep walk, ask family members if they ever saw you sleep walk or do other things in your sleep. Might be as simple as that I'm afraid.

I'd be delighted if it was something as simple as that. I've lived in a lot of weird places where some genuinely scary stuff happening, so it'd be good if nothing happens here. I have never sleep walked in my life and my parents have never told me of anything I have done whilst asleep, bar a few murmurings

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Do you have any particularly mischievous housemates?

(living)

That was my first thought. Believe me, I'm remaining as rational as possible with regards to this and will love if it turns out to be some prank and not the alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

can you set up a motion detector camera in your room. Most smart phones will have this as an application. At least you could rule yourself out!

Sleep walking

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Honestly, I think you might have just done it yourself in your sleep... set up a camera and watch it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Wouldn't the OP know if he/she was sleep walking to that extent?? Its quite a pain in the ass trying to get keys off a keyring at the best of times,never mind when asleep!!!!!!!! I would have thought that someone in his family or friends would have noticed something by now???

But yeah def check with a camera,it could be a mean house mate thinking they are funny. Have you told them that stuff has happened before??

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

It sounds as though you have a gnome infestation. They can be troublesome little buggers.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

I just received an infraction for my last comment on this thread. No room for levity it would appear. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

I don't think I have ever sleep walked in my whole life. I know my parents have never brought it up before, also pretty sure it wasn't my housemates. Strange things like this have happened in this room previously, but it's a pretty rare occurrence. I have about 3-4 candles on the top of my TV and on a few occasions, they've fallen clear off while I've been playing my xbox - vibrations were my first thought, but none of the other candles would have moved either. Once one fell with such force that it shattered everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daredevilfan

Spirits must not like you playing halo online.
    As someone suggested dude stick a camera rolling over night and see do you do anything strange. My girlfriend used to sit up and start rambling when we first started our relationship one night i had a F-ing caniption and then a near stroke she freaked me out

Advertisement