Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Rising 2 Discussion Thread

Options
  • 20-09-2010 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

With this coming out soon, i thought i'd get this going and see what everyones thoughts before and after release are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I'm expecting another Assassin's Creed 2 situation, take all the good of the first game and fix/remove the excrutiatingly annoying bits and you have yourself a cracker of a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

cant wait, getting this asap, prob sunday. looking forward to porting my lv5 Chuck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Reserved it in Game weeks ago. Cannot wait for this to finally be in my hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

niallon wrote: »
    I'm expecting another Assassin's Creed 2 situation, take all the good of the first game and fix/remove the excrutiatingly annoying bits and you have yourself a cracker of a game!
    The save system, it seems, is not one of them. :(

gizmo wrote: »

am i the only person who thinks i think the save system is a good thing? gives the game a quality others dont have...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

alas they didnt

its one of the dullest most boring games ive ever played

absolute yawnfest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Zombies again is always good.

Unfortunately, due to some stupid spending this month, itll be a while till i gets cash for a new game.

So next month, a long marathon gaming session.

Horray

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I wasn't mad about Case Zero. I might give it another try, but not until the new year.

FIFA 11
    Castlevania: Lord of Shadow
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Fable 3
    The Force Unleashed II
    Smackdown Vs Raw 2011
    Call of Duty Black Ops
    Assassins Creed: Brotherhood *****

They all take precedence over DR2. Lot of games between now and the end of the year, and I'm not even counting the ones like Harry Potter, Medal of Honor, Saw 2, Front Misson and True Crime that I have a slight interest in depending on reviews!

chrislad wrote: »
    I wasn't mad about Case Zero. I might give it another try, but not until the new year.

FIFA 11
    Castlevania: Lord of Shadow
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Fable 3
    The Force Unleashed II
    Smackdown Vs Raw 2011
    Call of Duty Black Ops
    Assassins Creed: Brotherhood *****

They all take precedence over DR2. Lot of games between now and the end of the year, and I'm not even counting the ones like Harry Potter, Medal of Honor, Saw 2, Front Misson and True Crime that I have a slight interest in depending on reviews!

you mean depending on how easy the cheesements are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    am i the only person who thinks i think the save system is a good thing? gives the game a quality others dont have...

I liked the save system once I got used to it. It's what makes the game so unique. Can't understand why everyone was asking them to get rid of all the features that made Dead Rising so different in the first place. Yeah it was frustrating at first but it really added to the game once you got used to it.

If you got rid of the save system you'd get rid of any tension, as it was if you got yourself in trouble surrounded by zombies you'd really do all you could to survive because your last save had been 45 minutes ago :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I quite enjoyed Case Zero. The paddle saw thing was hilarious. So I'm kind of looking forwards to DR2. It's not on the top of my want list, but it's definitely something I'll pick up.

• gizmo wrote: »

Can't understand how you think the save system hasn't changed. There is now four save slots instead of one. And there is more places to save in each area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I started off hating the original Dead Rising game as the save system was hard to get my head around. Once I levelled up and got used to the system I loved. Having played Case Zero I loved it again so I'm thinking DR2 is gonna be a first day purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    you mean depending on how easy the cheesements are :D

Cheeky!

In all seriousness though, those are games I want to play. The likes of Cars etc are the ****e for the yearly challenge!

put my preorder in for this on Gamesnash yesterday so I'll have to try make some time to dig into it over the weekend. Now to find something for the wife and kid to do that doesn't involve me.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I hope so because Case Zero still had a few bits that were pissing me off. I cannot wait for this game (barring bad reviews).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I got 200 from Case Zero during the weekend, so I'm set for 2. Really looking forward to it!

Also, check this out: http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/ProductID.218536500/Dead-Rising-2-Kadoya-Jacket.html

I want one...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Wow, $274.95 for a jacket?!

• Any price checks yet? It is out tomorrow, looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any price checks yet? It is out tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Was wondering the same, hmv have been good lately with stuff with the game like points or a dvd / blueray so could see them doing a zombie related freebie with it perhaps, all I know is I'll be shopping around tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Have it pre-ordered in hmv for €44.99 with the zombie figure and zombieland on blu-ray , going to use the €5 gift card I got when I picked up reach in hmv . so it should cost me €39:99 .

• Clover wrote: »
    Have it pre-ordered in hmv for €44.99 with the zombie figure and zombieland on blu-ray , going to use the €5 gift card I got when I picked up reach in hmv . so it should cost me €39:99 .

That's a great deal. And Zombieland is an excellent flick. Is the zombie figure of decent size/material?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    That's a great deal. And Zombieland is an excellent flick. Is the zombie figure of decent size/material?

178511-header.jpg

The dolly is 30cm I believe.

sweet deal alright. Ya can't beat a good Zombie figure either. Really looking forward to getting stuck into this tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 joker87

any sign of this goin on sale today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Not so far , hmv rang me yesterday to tell me that my order was ready in store for me but that I could not buy it until friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Helix wrote: »
    alas they didnt

its one of the dullest most boring games ive ever played

absolute yawnfest

Couldn't agree with this, loving my first play through and already looking forward to my second.

The first was a better game overall though, better story and better characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree with this, loving my first play through and already looking forward to my second.

The first was a better game overall though, better story and better characters.

i think id rather carve my face off than play through it again

really didnt like it at all, but the joys of video games mean that plenty of people will love it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Actually can't wait to get this tomorrow. Im working tomorrow night but going get up early to play it. I think I played through case zero 4 times :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

dazftw wrote: »
    Actually can't wait to get this tomorrow.

+1

I've got a feeling this game will be in my xbox an awful lot for the next while!

Advertisement