Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Rising 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Picked this up today in hmv , €44:99 for the xbox and ps3 versions of the game and here is the figure that came with it , and a copy of zombieland :D .

Edit: wrong pic :o , the small one in Koneko's post is the one I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

8/10 IGN seems worth a purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

calex71 wrote: »
    The dolly is 30cm I believe.

That pic is the Outbreak Edition figure. The HMV one is really small, but cute nonetheless!

Comparison pic:
    a3a419cc.jpg

• Any other pricing guys? Xtravision, Tesco, Gamestop, Game..etc?? Special Edition or Normal hmmmm, will be heading into town after work to pick this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Anyone know the pricing on the Outbreak edition?

• Advertisement

Anyone know the pricing on the Outbreak edition?

€69.99 in Game

Ok, it's so gonna be mine then! :D

Wait, it wasn't pre-order only was it? D:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

have my copy sitting her beside me now but not gonna get to play it til late tonight I don't think. I lashed through Case Zero about 4 times as well. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I picked up the Zombrex edition in HMV for 52.99

I'm murder, can't resist shinier packaging. Grr.

koneko wrote: »
    €69.99 in Game

Just picked up the Outbreak edition at lunchtime... have to say, the figure is bigger than I had expected! Well pleased at that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That pic is the Outbreak Edition figure. The HMV one is really small, but cute nonetheless!

I know this now, nearly threw it back at the poor chap in disgust when I realised I wasn't getting a big dolly :mad:

Couldn't justify the cost of the outbreak edition :(

Also annoyed a bit by the fact that had I got the ps3 version (don't own a ps3 myself) in HMV I would have got the blueray of zombie land, there was no offer on xbox :(

Just picked up the Outbreak edition at lunchtime... have to say, the figure is bigger than I had expected! Well pleased at that!

same here, the box is massive :)
    it's like a display box, lol

calex71 wrote: »
    I know this now, nearly threw it back at the poor chap in disgust when I realised I wasn't getting a big dolly :mad:

Couldn't justify the cost of the outbreak edition :(

Also annoyed a bit by the fact that had I got the ps3 version (don't own a ps3 myself) in HMV I would have got the blueray of zombie land, there was no offer on xbox :(
    I thought the Outbreak edition was actually quite well priced compared to other special editions, at €69.99
    same here, the box is massive :)
    it's like a display box, lol
    Yeah, it's huge, GAME in the Square had two out at the cabinets behind the till, the Xbox and PS3 versions, and on the PS3 version they'd the sleeve slid up to show the model, and that really sold me on that edition compared to the Zombrex edition!

• NotorietyH wrote: »
    I picked up the Zombrex edition in HMV for 52.99

I'm murder, can't resist shinier packaging. Grr.

Negative, I payed 50 squids in gamestop for normal. I got a free nerd t-shirt tho! :P

Would like to get some co-op going this eve!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Had my first Psycho encounter in this one. The Psycho's are brilliant again or the first one was anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Got bored and made this on Forza 3 last night, was tough because the oul CRT tv is dying on me :mad:

IJIEKf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Decided to just give Case Zero another go and play it conservatively (ie not see the point of the game as just killing zombies). I enjoyed it. I might actually pick up the full game sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

has the graphics improved from the case zero episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Loving it so far.

One of the highlights are the cut scenes.
    The dramatic dialogue, Chucks stone cold serious expression, the fact I've him dressed in denim hotpants, a cutoff boob top and a ladies bonnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

has the graphics improved from the case zero episode?

Nope, exact same engine.
    Sure case zero was released 3 weeks ago, what sort of improvement would you expect in that time frame?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

A-Trak wrote: »
    the fact I've him dressed in denim hotpants, a cutoff boob top and a ladies bonnet.

this is something ive never understood in games. whats the attraction in dressing characters up? its like digital barbie for boys :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Helix wrote: »
    this is something ive never understood in games. whats the attraction in dressing characters up? its like digital barbie for boys :confused:
    It's the surreal comedy aspect. You're going through shops with loads of makeshift weapons and so why not try some of the clothes that are also available. It's bizarre watching a man dressed in a waitress's uniform killing zombies with two chainsaws taped to a paddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Nope, exact same engine.
    Sure case zero was released 3 weeks ago, what sort of improvement would you expect in that time frame?

eh because it was an arcade type game and was blocky / grainy as ****.

its a ****n disgrace if the graphics are like that in the finished product.

The were better in dead rising 1 :rolleyes:

eh because it was an arcade type game and was blocky / grainy as ****.

its a ****n disgrace if the graphics are like that in the finished product.

The were better in dead rising 1 :rolleyes:
    Eh, no they weren't. The graphics aren't a huge improvement, but the game engine is a massive improvement.

humanji wrote: »
    It's the surreal comedy aspect. You're going through shops with loads of makeshift weapons and so why not try some of the clothes that are also available. It's bizarre watching a man dressed in a waitress's uniform killing zombies with two chainsaws taped to a paddle.

its bizarre for about 2 seconds

it adds nothing to the game at all. perhaps if capcom had put more effort into the gameplay instead of the clothes you could wear theyd have managed something more than a highly polished snooze fest

xbla releases are restricted in size. they have to come in under a certain file size or microsoft wont allow it on their service, this often means lower graphical resolution than you'll get on a disc, especially for demos. take pes for example, the actual game looks quite a bit better since they didnt have to compress the crap out of everything and lower fidelity to make it fit within filesize guidelines

Helix wrote: »
    its bizarre for about 2 seconds

it adds nothing to the game at all. perhaps if capcom had put more effort into the gameplay instead of the clothes you could wear theyd have managed something more than a highly polished snooze fest
    In your opinion, of course. I think it's great fun. It's not the most amazing game in the world, but it delivers exactly what you'd expect: Killing lots of zombies in a variety of bizarre ways. It was never designed to change the world. It's just harmless fun.

And being able to change clothes doesn't take anything away from the game. So what's the harm in having it? Many will find it hilarious. Many completionists will enjoy trying to find all the available clothes. Many will laugh at the first time they pop on a tube top. And everyone else just doesn't have to do it.

humanji wrote: »
    So what's the harm in having it?

its the mentality its fostering among developers that adding in different clothes is a worthwhile way to spend their time, instead of doing something completely irrelevant like, you know, focussing on gameplay or something

maybe im just too old and cynical for that kinda thing, but it strikes me as a ridiculous waste of time, resources and effort that wouldve been better spent elsewhere

But they're pandering to what fans of the original wanted. This is exactly what you generally expect from a sequel these days, ie more of the same with bells and whistles added. It'd be great if they could deliver something that would blow our minds, but lets face it, that's not what mainstream developers do these days. It's all about the money. Creativity is left to indie developers who, ironically, will eventually become the money orientated developers that we're stuck with now. I say just sit back and enjoy the ride. :D

• Advertisement

which would be fine if the ride was in fact enjoyable instead of being mindwarpingly dull :(

Advertisement