Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 4

• 21-09-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Tuesday, 21 September 2010
    Athletic Bilbao v Mallorca, 19:00
    Osasuna v Real Sociedad, 19:00
    Real Madrid v Espanyol, 21:00 - Live Sky Sports 3

Wednesday, 22 September 2010
    Almeria v Levante, 19:00
    Barcelona v Sporting Gijon, 19:00 - Live Sky Sports 3
    Real Zaragoza v Hercules, 19:00
    Valencia v Atletico Madrid, 21:00 - Live Sky Sports 3

Thursday, 23 September 2010
    Getafe v Malaga, 19:00
    Villarreal v Deportivo La Coruna, 19:00
    Sevilla v Racing Santander, 21:00

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Nice night of footy tonight and tomorrow between carling Cup and Spain. Valencia Vs Atleti is usually good for some drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Pretty quiet start in San Mamés.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Looked a pretty harsh Pen in the Bilbao game, 3 pts here and it will be a fairly solid start to the season for Bilbao.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Thanks for the prompt on this redout. I guess these are league matches rather than copa games ? Might tune in for Madrid later.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Thanks for the prompt on this redout. I guess these are league matches rather than copa games ? Might tune in for Madrid later.

Aye these are liga games. Think the draw for the Copa is tomorrow then games on the end of october and start of november.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Mourinho has lined Madrid up so negatively it's unreal. 4 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders at home against Espanyol.

Ronaldo wins a penalty that didn't really look like a penalty and scores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Go wan Ronny :)

If only Jose would let Real off the leash, they'd rack up a cricket score here.

Penalty my ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Mourinho has lined Madrid up so negatively it's unreal. 4 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders at home against Espanyol.

Thats why he will not see beyond next summer at Real no matter what happens this season.

Warper wrote: »
    Thats why he will not see beyond next summer at Real no matter what happens this season.

The fans keep booing the performances at the Bernabeu - Perez couldnt care though once he breaks Barca's dominance.

Probably still be sacked mind - Capello won the bloody thing on both his attempts and still was fired for being too negative.

Toodles Pepe

LoL now Espanyol lose a man.

10 v 10

Jebus, what a miss Higuain.

Nice one Espanyol, keep the advantage of the extra man for a minute - that said it was no way a straight red card. It happens everywhere, the big teams get all the breaks.

Man, Mourinho's teams are so bad to watch, thank God he will never be manager of Barcelona.

Nice one Espanyol, keep the advantage of the extra man for a minute - that said it was no way a straight red card. It happens everywhere, the big teams get all the breaks.

Man, Mourinho's teams are so bad to watch, thank God he will never be manager of Barcelona.
    The Madrid penalty was a joke too. Player put hand to protect face for a free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lovely ball by Ronaldo and good finish by Higuain. 2-0 game over.

Ronaldo sets up Higuain for 2-0. Good night Vienna.

Johner wrote: »
    Lovely ball by Ronaldo and good finish by Higuain. 2-0 game over.
    If the gobshíte wasn't so selfish he can truly be wonderful to watch like then.

Points in the bag now.

Honest to god Pellegrini's team would rip this bunch to shreds and he had more new players which he had to accomodate.

• Advertisement

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool Gol Gol Gol Gol

redout wrote: »
    Points in the bag now.

Honest to god Pellegrini's team would rip this bunch to shreds and he had more new players which he had to accomodate.
    Not so sure about that to be honest. Mourinho seems to be the master of doing just enough against the weaker teams. I think we'll have to see how he does in the Champions League and against the big boys of Spanish football before we pass judgement.

Get in

1815511997-real-madrid-cristiano-ronaldo-celebrates-second-goal-against-olympique-marseille.jpg

Another clean sheet for the World Cup Winner Casillas. Goal and assist for Ronny. Back of the net :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Glad to see Real back to their savage self! Gonna have a laugh in La Liga this year!

Archimedes wrote: »
    Get in

1815511997-real-madrid-cristiano-ronaldo-celebrates-second-goal-against-olympique-marseille.jpg

Another clean sheet for the World Cup Winner Casillas. Goal and assist for Ronny. Back of the net :)

Just like Real, he will always be second best.

Just like Real, he will always be second best.

Top of the league ;)

Haters gonna hate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gotta love Ronaldo. :) well since he left United anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Not a great match by any means.
    Anyone know what the story with Kaka is?

Archimedes wrote: »
    Top of the league ;)

Haters gonna hate

Lovers gotta love, tbh its gonna be a great La Liga this season. Even though Real won 3-0, they were far from impressive. There is so much at stake this season the pressure is going to build game by game for both Real and Barca. If Mourinho can win La Liga this season then he will undoubtably be the greatest manager of all time but I honestly think Barca have the upper hand. Its gonna be fascinating to watch but beauty will triumph over the beast.

• Advertisement

staker wrote: »
    Not a great match by any means.
    Anyone know what the story with Kaka is?

Back at around Xmas/New Year.

Lovers gotta love, tbh its gonna be a great La Liga this season. Even though Real won 3-0, they were far from impressive. There is so much at stake this season the pressure is going to build game by game for both Real and Barca. If Mourinho can win La Liga this season then he will undoubtably be the greatest manager of all time but I honestly think Barca have the upper hand. Its gonna be fascinating to watch but beauty will triumph over the beast.

That, we will see. El Clasico this year has the potential to be perhaps the biggest in history considering the personnel involved.

Not so sure about that to be honest. Mourinho seems to be the master of doing just enough against the weaker teams. I think we'll have to see how he does in the Champions League and against the big boys of Spanish football before we pass judgement.

Pellegrini had them scoring for fun though and playing good football - they knocked in 102 goals in la liga alone last season. I would be shocked could Mourinho get this current team to better or even match that. The chap should never have been fired - had he been kept they would have been a far better unit now this season I would wager. The problem is that Perez wants Barca type football emulated at the Bernabeu but he doesnt know how. They need to start looking to the cantera instead of neglecting it and stop buying up every top player they can get their hands on. Its no wonder that the last youth team player to make it at the club was Casillas and that was 12 seasons ago.

Real ease past a truly shíte Espanyol side shocker. Saw most of that game and boy was it awful. Real play like strangers, and Espanyol are just a terrible side.

Barca lineup:
    Valdés; Alves, Puyol, Milito, Maxwell; Busquets, Xavi, Keita; Iniesta, Bojan, Villa

Barca lineup:
    Valdés; Alves, Puyol, Milito, Maxwell; Busquets, Xavi, Keita; Iniesta, Bojan, Villa
    Gijon fielding a weakened team :eek:

I have 8/1 on Barcelona not winning this.

• Advertisement

Xavi has been very out of sorts so far. Bojan showing lots of tricks, but no end product. Barca defending such a high line at the moment.

HT, 0-0.

Bojan and Busquets need to come off. If Barcelona don't win this then they can forget about the league, Gijon aren't even trying here.

Extremely poor from Barca. Gijon are doing their job with relative ease.

If Barcelona don't win this then they can forget about the league

?

Seriously.

Real Madrid lead la liga on points at the start of 2010 without Barca having any games in hand.

A bit early in the season for that talk - this is only the fourth round of games.

Viiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 - 0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

1-0 Villa

?

Seriously.

Real Madrid lead la liga on points at the start of 2010 without Barca having any games in hand.

A bit early in the season for that talk - this is only the fourth round of games.
    Barcelona won the league with 99 points last year, don't think they can afford to drop points at home against the Gijon reserves.

Barcelona won the league with 99 points last year, don't think they can afford to drop points at home against the Gijon reserves.

I think last season was one off in fairness.

Guardiola even said the same himself.

Madrid finished with 96pts and I think in everyother season they would have won la liga with that tally.

In fact I am positive that that was Madrids highest ever points tally.

I think last season was one off in fairness.

Guardiola even said the same himself.

Madrid finished with 96pts and I think in everyother season they would have won la liga with that tally.

I agree, it was a one-off. But that's why slipping up against the likes of Hercules and Gijon will be so important. Anyway, it's academic as they're 1-0 up.

It was. Their previous highest was 93 in a 42 game season. Barca almost broke that the season previous when they finished with 92 if I remeber correctly.

Back to this game, Barca really need a 2nd to be in anyway comfortable. Its coming though I'd say.

Bojan off, had a shocker tonight. Mascherano to get a card at some point, nailed on.

Keita > Mascherano
    Pedro > Bojan

Valencia lineup:
    César; Miguel, Ricardo Costa, Maduro, Mathieu; Albelda, Tino Costa, Joaquín, Chori Domínguez; Mata, Aduriz

Atleti lineup:
    De Gea; Antonio López, Domínguez, Godín, Perea; Raúl García, Assunçao, Reyes, Simao; Diego Costa, Forlán

Barca dominated but didnt really threaten too much - that said Gijon never really bothered the Barca defence.

San Mamés up next - will no doubt be a difficult tie.

Squeaky bum finish Barcelona.

• Advertisement
Advertisement