Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about a moderator

Options
  • 21-09-2010 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Id like to state my dis-content with the way Hill Billy moderates the DCN forum. On more than one occasion he has infracted me for silly things or just been plain rude.
    I posted a comment in the thread 'My memories of Rush' correcting the OP's spelling of 'Carlyan' and added 'and its a scouts den, not a scots den.,' admittedly, this was a cheeky comment, but worthy of a warning or being accused of being a dick? I think not.
    I replied to Hilly Billy's PM informing me of the warning and saying 'dont be a dick,' by telling him I would be reporting him, which I thought was standard procedure and only fair. He replied.. childishly by saying 'go for it,' no 'hello' or even a signature.

So, as Iv said, Iv PM'd Hill Billy, his stance on the situation remains unchanged, so Im posting this thread as Iv been informed by the Cmod Dub13 that this is the new procedure.

Cheers,
    Tangy

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hi,

I have had a look over this and to be honest its a pretty straight forward mod call and was right,its a big no no across every forum on Boards to be correcting grammar or spelling.

So the call was correct,you got a infraction these are just a little nudge to point out that you stepped out of line a bit and nothing more.No ban was issues so its not excessive.

As is your right in this process feel free to request a Admin to also look into this.

Dub13

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Why is it that Hill Billy can PM me saying 'Dont be a dick...,' yet if I were to do the same, I would get punished?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Why is it that Hill Billy can PM me saying 'Dont be a dick...,' yet if I were to do the same, I would get punished?

The "don't be a dick" expression is found across the whole site on many/most charters,its a expression to cover a lot of things not specifically covered in charters.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

To supply some detail and context...

The site guidelines use this term in the very first rule.

Although its perhaps becoming lost in the mists of time, the meme originated from Wil Wheaton, and is sometimes known as Wheaton's Law.

Advertisement