Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant get photos onto laptop from samsung mobile phone

Options
  • 21-09-2010 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Dear all i have a samsung mobile phone and it takes photos fair enough but i cannot get them off the phone and onto the laptop,
    My OH bought a dongle but it wont let me download my photos from my samsung mobile (3g bb310)phone onto the laptop.
    none of the photos i have taken myself or the photos that have been texted to me. wifi works fine on the laptop for other stuff.
    i need to get them off the phone and the dongle works fine on OH mobile but refuses to download any of mine.
    We have tried downloading a number of helpful packages from the internet to see if they will let the above happen but no success to date.
    its been 2 months now and its getting maddening.
    if i am doing something wrong please tell me but as im a technophobe please dont expect me to understand it first time round if its complicated.
    Sorry for the long post.
    BC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Does it have them stored on a memory card? You could take that out and put it into a card reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

unfortunately no there is no memory card.
    i have 42 images on the phone and when we connect it up to the download software it says i only have 2 default icons.
    the other strange thing is that i can forward texts which have pictures attached to other phones but not to the oh's iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

unfortunately no there is no memory card.
    i have 42 images on the phone and when we connect it up to the download software it says i only have 2 default icons.
    the other strange thing is that i can forward texts which have pictures attached to other phones but not to the oh's iphone

Are you using the proper Samsung software?

Samsung PC Studio

This should allow you.

Alternatively, does the phone have blue tooth? If so, can you send the pics to the phone which DOES work with the cable?

You could also e-mail the pics to yourself, by putting in an email address instead of a phone number when sending an MMS.

If the Samsung software does not allow you to take the pics off the phone, it may be a restriction of the phones software, or you may not have the phone set to 'PC connection mode' or something similar. Have a look through the phones manual.

Can the phone take a memory card? If so, buy one, slot it in, and move the pics to the memory card when it should then allow you to take them off the card via the cable, or indeed if you have a card reader use that to view the pics.

dear DG

Are you using the proper Samsung software? yes in fact we downloaded the one you said was the one but have had no luck with it. maybe im soing something wrong.

Alternatively, does the phone have blue tooth? yes it does
    If so, can you send the pics to the phone which DOES work with the cable? unfortunetly they live 10 miles away.

You could also e-mail the pics to yourself, by putting in an email address instead of a phone number when sending an MMS. i will give that a go and see what happens thnk you.

If the Samsung software does not allow you to take the pics off the phone, it may be a restriction of the phones software, or you may not have the phone set to 'PC connection mode' or something similar. Have a look through the phones manual. will give the manual a good looking over. i can connect to a pc but the pc says nothing to display. i might be missing something there too.

Can the phone take a memory card? If so, buy one, slot it in, and move the pics to the memory card when it should then allow you to take them off the card via the cable, or indeed if you have a card reader use that to view the pics. it should take a card but ffs technology shouldnt be this hard. :-( of course it could be the phone companies cunning plan to get me to buy more stuff!!
    thank you very much for the above and hopefully something will work soon.

Best of luck, post back with your results. :)

• Advertisement

Dear DG
    I am so greatful for your advise.
    I went with the easy (to me) suggestion first of sending the photos to my email account and it works.
    Thank you very very much.
    BC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Hi OP, can you tell me if you have 32-bit or 64-bit windows operating system.

the reason is that samsungs will not work with 64-bit systems.

you can find out what system you have by Right clicking on My computer and clicking properties. half way down the page is should say System Type.

can you post up if you;re 32-bit or 64-bit

cheers
    dunny

Dear Dunny
    Yes im a 64 bit
    BC

Dear DG
    I am so greatful for your advise.
    I went with the easy (to me) suggestion first of sending the photos to my email account and it works.
    Thank you very very much.
    BC

No problem :)

Advertisement