Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

impact of domestic violence on children

• 21-09-2010 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi folks,

I am doing a child care course and asked to complete a research project on the impact domestic violence has on children and how this may affect children.

not sure what to include:confused: any help would be great:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Womens Aid website has some info and stats about children who witness domestic violence.

I would look at stats for young offenders, in my experience the two regularly go hand in hand. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

Here's a good resource for info on this subject

Here's another resource

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Cróga

This video series is fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 new12

hi folks,

Thanks very much for taking time to respond! will have a look and suggestions and see how it goes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Cróga

If you havent already heard of this check out the adverse childhood experiences study. Supposed to be one of the best with over 15,000 participants. Dont know where to point you though as i havent looked into it much but google shows plenty of results, i just know of their website www.acestudy.org and in the video series above there's an interview where they talk about obesity being linked with childhood trauma. Best of luck :)

here's another site: http://www.psychohistory.com.

Check out the work by Lloyd deMause and Alice Miller if you can

• Advertisement
Advertisement