Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Help) Best Mobile Broadband Provider

Options
  • 21-09-2010 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

So I've been living out in Sydney now for about a month, and I picked up a Vodafone broadband stick about two weeks ago.
    The signal was working fine for the first few days, but now it's just gone terrible. It takes about a minute to load up a full web page, and chatting to friends from home over msn/skype is a nightmare!

I was wondering has anyone had any good/bad experience with any other providers? I'm living near Enmore park, just down from Newtown.

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have not used any of them but my parents did when travelling last year. They were not in the cities and the only one which worked was Telstra. The only problem is that Telstra can be very awkward to deal with. Things are probably different in the smoke too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

3G is never going to be great as a primary network connection. It's fine for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I'm on Telstra's NEXTG network - by all accounts it is miles ahead of all the other networks, and from my experience the speeds are more than adequate for your primary internet connection. It does not come cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

DS wrote: »
    I'm on Telstra's NEXTG network - by all accounts it is miles ahead of all the other networks, and from my experience the speeds are more than adequate for your primary internet connection. It does not come cheap though.
    I think that's the main point really, if you want quality you can pay for it. It depends how valuable the quality is to you.

Advertisement