Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2x01- "Audition" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **] [US-21/09/10, IRL-22/09/10]

• 21-09-2010 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭

After a tough loss at Regionals, the glee club is back as the underdogs of McKinley High.
    When the school is faced with even more budget cuts, Mr. Schuester pushes the kids to help recruit new members for the club. Rachel and Finn disagree on new recruits, and aren't sure they will be able to come together in perfect harmony.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm soo pumped about tonight!....one thing i'm glad for....i have not read spoilers, seen no clips, read no interviews, avoided anything with Ryan Murphy in the title.

I want to be an episode virgin...nothing worse then knowing every damn thing about an episode.

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

i felt so bad for that new football coach :(
    and is it just me who is sick of Rachel and her showtunes?

and i loved it so much when quinn put that uniform on and walked into the hall!!! it was like "bitcches im back"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I'm loving it! You do sorta have to
    switch your brain back to cheesy camp ness but it's back in abundance.

Happy happy times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Though the second part of season 1 was crap and I was ready to give up on this, but that was a good comeback. Will definitely stick with it a bit longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Jaysus, I thought Lea Michele's collarbone was going to poke my eyes out through the screen in that last song. She's lost a ridiculous amount of weight.

Shallowness aside, I enjoyed the episode. The opening was great and I liked the new coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Loved it I'm glad they didn't try and squeeze in about a hundred songs like the back 9 of season 1:)

Definitely a strong return, especially some of Brittany and Sues one liners:D
    Brittany: People think I was on vacation all summer but I was really lost in the sewers
    :pac:

beanyb wrote: »
    Jaysus, I thought Lea Michele's collarbone was going to poke my eyes out through the screen in that last song. She's lost a ridiculous amount of weight.

Shallowness aside, I enjoyed the episode. The opening was great and I liked the new coach.

She HAS lost a tonne of weight, I noticed that too, and she far from needed to!
    I also liked
    Finn's haircut, a real 'back to school' cut!!

Favourite quote however, by far, was
    "Twenty-five percent show tunes, 25 percent hip hop, and 25 percent classic rock...which adds up to 100 percent gay"
    Yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The opening was a nice little nod to the criticism the shows gets from the online community.

EDIT: And two cringey songs later.. I'm out for this episode!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Rachel and Sunshine singing and Sue just going in and saying shut up :D:D:D Looks like Rachel won't have all the solos, brilliant!

Sue and Will teaming up together :eek: Great prack!

Liking it so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Best part of the episode was Sue's "shut up!" in the bathroom :D

Kind of Meh tbh. Is it just me or do they all look way older this series? I mean they never looked like teenagers but now... Especially Lea Michelle... Waaaaay too thin

Thank f*ck I don't have a 3D TV....

.. Lea Michele's collarbone is making me feel slightly queasy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Thought it was o.k. I enjoyed until the first break, and then it way meh...

I do like 'what I did for love'....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Didn't think it was that great tbh.Don't know why one of the posters said they didn't try to fill in songs,I counted about 8.First half had a lot.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

basquille wrote: »
    Thank f*ck I don't have a 3D TV....

.. Lea Michele's collarbone is making me feel slightly queasy!

that is very bad - in that dress you could see it, and it did make my stomach turn as well, she's way too thin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Lea Michele is definately way too skinny makes her look so much older!

Didn't like the songs in this episode, tbh. Well except Billionaire I did like that! And it was better than the second half of the first series, the one liners were brilliant!

And if they want to show Mike Chang topless in EVERY episode I won't object :D

beanyb wrote: »

I noticed that, her hair is terrible and flat + she's lost a TON of weight, her dresses are dire, she looks really old and worn out...she needs a good night kip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

I noticed that, her hair is terrible and flat + she's lost a TON of weight, her dresses are dire, she looks really old and worn out...she needs a good night kip!
    And a burger!

I watched the episode twice, as i do. My initial impression...while the opening interview sequence wa very funny, like the part with Will and kids not liking his rapping (i do!)....i disliked Ryan Murphy is using the show to answer his critics, it's not on!

He has numerous platforms to address such things, Glee should not be used in this manner. Also, i think it's arrogant of him to reject all forms of (legitimate) critism of the show. Moving on the the ep. - i honestly thought it was a mixed bag, some great one liners but some of it felt forced.

The just seem to insert Sue scenes just to give her more screentime, what is up with Naya Rivera and the boob job?...was that a rumour on the net they inserted into the show?, or has she really had them done?

I saw no increased boobage size myself, Ken Tanaka...RIP, he's gone right?...no Emma or Terry, Britanny and the doll...LOL!
    It was ok, but not great.

I'm sure the tabloids and gossip websites will have a field day with Lea Michelle's weight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

....i disliked Ryan Murphy is using the show to answer his critics, it's not on!

He has numerous platforms to address such things, Glee should not be used in this manner. Also, i think it's arrogant of him to reject all forms of (legitimate) critism of the show.

I think its the perfect platform. Glee is very tongue in cheek: and if people criticise the show, should the show not address the criticism??? I think it hit back at the critics of the show in a perfect way. It's just saying we don't take ourselves that seriously: why should you?!

• Advertisement

I watched the episode twice, as i do. My initial impression...while the opening interview sequence wa very funny, like the part with Will and kids not liking his rapping (i do!)....i disliked Ryan Murphy is using the show to answer his critics, it's not on!

He has numerous platforms to address such things, Glee should not be used in this manner. Also, i think it's arrogant of him to reject all forms of (legitimate) critism of the show.
    Ah now.. it was completely tongue-in-cheek and done for a laugh.

It was hardly a FU to all the naysayers... it was harmless fun. And it was, without doubt, the most entertaining element of a very forgettable season opener.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I <3 Sam!!!!

That Charice wan, kinda weirdly cute...powerful voice for such a tiny girl....but very similiar to Mercedes. I'm
    hopeful the Britney on Brittany episode next week
    hits it's out of the park.

Poor Artie, dumped for Mike Chang's six pack....how shallow is Asian girl (?), also...beast, lol....what a beast!, is she a man or a woman?, or Ken Tenaka in drag?

confused.com

Richard..

Anything which doesn't feature in this week's episode (that includes alluding to details of next week's episode) should be spoilered as per usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm soo pumped about tonight!....one thing i'm glad for....i have not read spoilers, seen no clips, read no interviews, avoided anything with Ryan Murphy in the title.

I want to be an episode virgin...nothing worse then knowing every damn thing about an episode.
    That Charice wan, kinda weirdly cute...powerful voice for such a tiny girl....but very similiar to Mercedes. I'm spolier for next week hits it's out of the park.
    ugh, you've gone and done it again

thought it was an excellent episode myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Does that Mike guy do anything but pull stupid faces when he dances :D

Thought it was a great episode. I loved the "Telephone" scene in the toilet. What was that line Sue said to Coach Beiste about her relatives humping the tail pipes of abandoned cars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

We need more of Jacob :D

Mike Chang topless every scene please

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Mike Chang topless every scene please

But less of his dancing, I'm bored of this leg bendy thing they focus on.

Oh yeah, I forgot Puck :
    "dude, your mouth is huge"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

best part sue telling rachel and your one to shut up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

best part sue telling rachel and your one to shut up :D

Surely you mean 'yer wan' :O

Surely you mean Shirley? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Racist episode!

Rachel shouting at Sunshine in the girls jax was a bit shockin TBH

and Tina and Mike getting together at "the camp for tech-savvy Asians"

and what was the whole "big mouth" innuendo fest all about

Charice was whopper, her voice is class, hope shes a regular.

A very "current" episode

Yay

PS Credit fail! they credited the regular cast, but no Emma this episode :(

fattist episode....cheerios, no fatties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

fattist episode....cheerios, no fatties.

:confused:

Anyway, yeah I didn't like how the guy in the wheelchair was dumped in favour of the physically superior guy. It's a bad message to pass off, even if they did use the excuse of Arty not paying enough attention to Tina.

I thought Lea and Charice did a good job on Telephone, though Lea's attempts at show some attitude while singing kind of fell flat for me. :P

LOL @ Sue owning your one who got the boob job.

Felt sorry for Coach Butch, Sue's so mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

What an awful episode!

Lea Michelle is too skinny firstly.

Secondly, didn't that whole episode seem slightly racist?

If it wasn't for Sue it would have been awful...

• Advertisement

And fattist, remember the poster for the signup?....the cheerios one had "no fatties" at the bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Is it just me or do all the songs sound the same too?

ugh I also just remembered that New York they did. vomit!

unreggd wrote: »
    Racist episode!

Rachel shouting at Sunshine in the girls jax was a bit shockin TBH

and Tina and Mike getting together at "the camp for tech-savvy Asians"

and what was the whole "big mouth" innuendo fest all about

Charice was whopper, her voice is class, hope shes a regular.

A very "current" episode

Yay

PS Credit fail! they credited the regular cast, but no Emma this episode :(

I was watching it and thinking where did I see her before - clicked now, saw some other videos of her about a year ago, fantastic voice, better than Lea's

Advertisement